• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Is there a catch all scandal thread for the DJ Fluker stuff and the OSU stuff?

edit: See that Fluker stuff, that's what a smoking gun looks like. That's what SI doesn't have

squicken

So much crap from Bama fans about Manziel b/c of fuzzy cell phone cams showing nothing. I guess though that loss last year doesn't count now, does it?

Talon

I'm always shocked at the stupidity of people to finalize transactions that can come bite them in the ass over text message. As if text messages are some sort of sacred, secure format.
So much crap from Bama fans about Manziel b/c of fuzzy cell phone cams showing nothing. I guess though that loss last year doesn't count now, does it?
Manziel wouldn't get half the rep he does if he weren't a giant, raging douchebag.

KingGondo

Banned
Is there a catch all scandal thread for the DJ Fluker stuff and the OSU stuff?

edit: See that Fluker stuff, that's what a smoking gun looks like. That's what SI doesn't have
Yeah, if "Charles Robinson" ever appears on the byline of a story about OSU, that's when I'll shit my pants.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Fluker's a former player, so the NCAA can go pound sand. Unless Fluker is stupid enough to cooperate with the NCAA and voluntarily turn over his bank and phone records--to confirm that it is his phone number and that it is his bank account--we good.

jjasper

Bray took money? Absolutely shocking.

Does this mean we get to delete all games he was on the team from history cause that would be great.

If by "it" you mean all of western civilization, then I have to say I think that comment smacks a bit of hyperbole.

Well, first I meant college football as we currently know it. Then I thought it could also double as referring to Alabama's reign, which would also be an acceptable reading.

As for Western civilization, I'm pretty torn on the matter, actually. Business as usual until circumstance demands otherwise, I suppose, while keeping as positive, philanthropic and understanding as possible.

mre

Well, first I meant college football as we currently know it. Then I thought it could also double as referring to Alabama's reign, which would also be an acceptable reading.

As for Western civilization, I'm pretty torn on the matter, actually. Business as usual until circumstance demands otherwise, I suppose, while keeping as positive, philanthropic and understanding as possible.
Philanthropic? Sucker!

Saban has scheduled a press conference for 5:45.

Draxal

Gondo, seriously, please stop and let the dust settle. Regardless of whether your spin turns out to be true, I'm losing respect for you with every post.

Eh, I think blatant homerism should be encouraged in this thread; makes it more fun.

KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT GONDO.

My dad is an OSU alum ... only one semester but still an alumn

jjasper

I don't really see why Gondo would fight it. That shit is going down at every program. I would say conservatively 1/3-1/2 of all BCS players are getting some sort of benefit whether it is money, sex, cars, etc. Just don't be bitter cause you got caught.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still trying to decide what this means. This reads like Luther Davis, already gone by this point, is implying he's a middle man between Barron/Fluker, and there's less of a trail to Barron/Fluker, than there is to Davis, who is already post-college.

I'll worry later, but it sure seems like Davis has a one way trip to jail, either for Frauding these agents, because he acted as representation for athletes when he really wasn't, or for acting like an agent to current college athletes, which is a crime in the state of Alabama.

I'll go with "nothing will happen, because nothing is happening with the NCAA anymore."

Lonestar

DJ Fluker getting that money. Can I claim last years National Championship? Bama would

If vacated, there is no winner of the 2012 championship. So no, you lost to a non-existent team. Something about that seems familiar.

However this season I have not won because of Clemson in week 1 and Texas in week 2.

You should check in here with your multi (called a parlay in the US) first!

I would've told you that I put the Texas game as a GAF-style "LOCK OF THE WEEK" game for the Pick'em.

ag-my001

Updated picks!

(THU) TCU @ Texas Tech by 10
Louisville @ Kentucky by 21
UCLA @ Nebraska by 4
Fresno State @ Colorado by 11
Boston College @ USC by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 7
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 7
Ohio State @ California by 13
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 8
Ole Miss @ Texas by 14
Oregon State @ Utah by 10
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 6

In the end, blatant homerism won out. The Tide are a bunch of cheaters! Go, Johnny, Go!!! Never fire Mack Brown!

Lonestar

The authors of the story were just on JOX and they said they are not going to share their information with the NCAA and they also said they doubt very seriously the NCAA could find anything on their own. That tells me that no one will be willing to talk to them.

:lol, what's the point then.

C. Robinson's lost some of his cred, going back to the Miami deal that resulted in nothing (except scaring Miami into self banning itself from bowls).

Also saw that Sorority story. Seems like it's the sorority's alumni, and not the actual current members that did this. But hey, Sorority's and Fraternity's can go get fucked.

“I made a statement,” Saban said sternly. “Don’t ask me any more questions about this.”

He was asked again, but the press conference ended shortly after that. In a drop the mic moment, Saban wrapped up his press conference by staring at the media and saying, “Appreciate your interest in the game” before exiting stage left.

:jnc

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
(THU) TCU @ Texas Tech by 7
Louisville @ Kentucky by 28
UCLA @ Nebraska by 10
Fresno State @ Colorado by 20 (HEY, HE COULD BE OUR FUCKING QB)
Boston College @ USC by 3
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 10 (HEY, THAT GUY COULD ALSO BE OUR FUCKING QB)
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 17
Ohio State @ California by 24
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 4
Ole Miss @ Texas by .0000000000001 (HEY, THAT GUY FROM FLORIDA STATE ALSO. FUCK YOU MACK)
Oregon State @ Utah by 4
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 10

Meier

Uggghhhhh why in the world would they do all that work without sharing the info with the NCAA? What's the point?

Take these fuckers down!

A new scandal, a new fanbase insisting that "USC got in trouble for lying and not cooperating, we'll be okay" despite neither of those things being true.

It's fun when that fanbase starts to look into other NCAA rulings to try and "figure out" how theirs will be handled, and that moment when the dawn of realization occurs. Happens every time.

There is no standard. There is no consistency. There are no rules, because even the NCAA doesn't follow them. There's no way to predict what happens when the institution is corrupt. So hold onto your butts and hope for the best. It's all you got.

mre

Speaking of Bama, this is pretty fucked up.
Sorority racial line still goes uncrossed
First, fuck the Greek system at Bama.

Next, the article was as encouraging in its promise for the future as it was a depressing reminder of shit that needs to change. It's refreshing to see that the younger members were not only willing to admit a black member but were eager to break ranks with their national sorority and speak publicly on it. Fuck the alumnae.

Enfinit

Speaking of Bama, this is pretty fucked up.
Sorority racial line still goes uncrossed

It ain't much better at FSU. One of the fraternity houses (who shall remain anonymous) has an old, huge civil war cannon on their front lawn, and it's knowingly pointed at FAMU across the railroad tracks. There's 2-3 frats that are openly racist and they embrace their "redneck racist" stereotype.

Although PIKE offers automatic bids to any athlete. Winston, Ian Miller, and a slew of other FSU athletic all-stars are in it (although I don't know how active they are).

Karakand

I don't really see why Gondo would fight it. That shit is going down at every program. I would say conservatively 1/3-1/2 of all BCS players are getting some sort of benefit whether it is money, sex, cars, etc. Just don't be bitter cause you got caught.

Hell, I wish UCLA cheated more (or better).

Bishman

Louisville @ Kentucky by 14
UCLA @ Nebraska by 5
Fresno State @ Colorado by 17
Boston College @ USC by 17
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 3
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 7
Ohio State @ California by 7
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 7
Ole Miss @ Texas by 7
Oregon State @ Utah by 5
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 3

Greek life was good stuff. Although UCF isn't the south and the system differs from traditional SEC schools. Which in some ways is good, but not so good in others.

Louisville @ Kentucky by 14
UCLA @ Nebraska by 7
Fresno State @ Colorado by 7
Boston College @ USC by 4
Alabama @ Texas A&M by 7
Georgia Tech @ Duke by 10
Ohio State @ California by 7
Mississippi State @ Auburn by 10
Ole Miss @ Texas by 10
Oregon State @ Utah by 4
Wisconsin @ Arizona State by 4