• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 4| #KARMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Some players are taking this APU movement a little to far. At USC the players have "No coaches allowed" meetings. Players are overruling coaches play calls. Mark Right has lost control etc.

Mark Right? :jnc The APU thing is an interesting "movement." We'll see if that gathers steam.
It was a reply to his twitter quote

edit: oh peterman is their QB, not their coach. nvm. I don't pay close attention to UTenn football

I don't either, but I thought that quote was hilarious. QB audibles, OL gets up and turns around and say

0002fzar.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Updated BCS Title Odds (via Bovada.com):

Alabama: 2/1
Oregon: 9/2
tOSU: 6/1
FSU: 12/1
Stanford: 12/1
Clemson: 14/1
LSU: 14/1
OSU: 18/1

Updated BCS Title Odds (via Bovada.com):

Alabama: 2/1
Oregon: 9/2
tOSU: 6/1
FSU: 12/1
Stanford: 12/1
Clemson: 14/1
LSU: 14/1
OSU: 18/1

LOL at FSU being listed as 12/1 and Clemson 14/1. Isn't Clemson favored to beat FSU? If so, how could FSU be more likely to win the MNC? There's no way a one-loss FSU (loss to Clemson) would even get into the MNC. Clearly the oddsmakers have an FSU bias.

tokkun

LOL at FSU being listed as 12/1 and Clemson 14/1. Isn't Clemson favored to beat FSU? If so, how could FSU be more likely to win the MNC? There's no way a one-loss FSU (loss to Clemson) would even get into the MNC.

Probably because they think that Clemson's @USCe is a harder game than FSU's @Florida.

Probably because they think that Clemson's @USCe is a harder game than FSU's @Florida.

That's a good point, and if FSU and Clemson never played each other then I would agree with those odds, but since we do play each other shouldn't the oddsmakers also take into consideration that one of them clearly has to beat the other? Vegas confuses the heck out of me, which is why I don't bet. I just pick games on the spread for fun.

cdyhybrid

shame the GTA topic doesn't notice the story, too busy talking about a game.

Should type up a post in OT and set it up like you're going to argue for a video game registry or ban, and switch it up at the very end and demand that Auburn fans be put on house arrest.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
New t-shirt flying off the shelves at Red Raider Outfitters:

ilMU8p9Mx5Ff7.jpg

You know, I get that we aren't good right now, and Mack Brown needs to go but in what world are Tech fans in a position to make fun of Mack Brown?

He has a national title under his belt which is more than anyone in the city of Lubbock has ever thought about accomplishing.

If OU wants to make fun of us? Sure. Aggy? Why not, they have a title from like the 30s or something. TCU? They have a Heisman Trophy Winner so why not.

Texas Tech's greatest accomplishment was having an ESPN analyst who killed 5 hookers run a pirate cosplayer off of campus because his kid wasn't getting enough playing time.

Enfinit

Smack Talk makes a slew of shit-talking shirts (go figure). I always get a kick out of them whenever we get them in the store (I work at one of the FSU bookstores).

Some FSU classics include:
"Meet Dick. Dick is a Gator fan. Don't be a Dick."
"Too Sexy to be a Gator."
"Sucks to be U."

cashman

Banned
And Mack Brown usually beats the shit out of tech

You know, I get that we aren't good right now, and Mack Brown needs to go but in what world are Tech fans in a position to make fun of Mack Brown?

He has a national title under his belt which is more than anyone in the city of Lubbock has ever thought about accomplishing.

If OU wants to make fun of us? Sure. Aggy? Why not, they have a title from like the 30s or something. TCU? They have a Heisman Trophy Winner so why not.

Texas Tech's greatest accomplishment was having an ESPN analyst who killed 5 hookers run a pirate cosplayer off of campus because his kid wasn't getting enough playing time.
Houston, Baylor and SMU all have heisman winners too. Tech? Not a thing

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

What is this crap about fans of a certain team being entitled to make fun of another team just because their team happened to have won championships in the past?

I mean seriously, listen to yourself. You think if an Aggie fan or OU fan made that shirt, it would be fine, but because it was a Tech fan/for Tech fans it is somehow ridiculous.

It is a rival taking the piss out of a down rival. Fans don't accomplish shit. Fans don't deserve shit upon winning championships. Alabama football and Nick Saban have accomplished enormous things in football these last few years. Alabama fans haven't accomplished anything. A Duke fan (if they truly existed) has just enough standing to make fun of Texas being terrible as anybody. Because they are just fans. They haven't done anything, no fans have.

Now if it were the actual football team, THEN you can start rationally bringing accomplishments into things in evaluating their standing of making fun or criticizing another team/player.

cashman

Banned
What is this crap about fans of a certain team being entitled to make fun of another team just because their team happened to have won championships in the past?

I mean seriously, listen to yourself. You think if an Aggie fan or OU fan made that shirt, it would be fine, but because it was a Tech fan/for Tech fans it is somehow ridiculous.

It is a rival taking the piss out of a down rival. Fans don't accomplish shit. Fans don't deserve shit upon winning championships. Alabama football and Nick Saban have accomplished enormous things in football these last few years. Alabama fans haven't accomplished anything. A Duke fan (if they truly existed) has just enough standing to make fun of Texas being terrible as anybody. Because they are just fans. They haven't done anything, no fans have.

Now if it were the actual football team, THEN you can start rationally bringing accomplishments into things in evaluating their standing of making fun or criticizing another team/player.
"rival"

desh

The discussion we're having here is the issue with preseason and early season rankings. Some voters base them on potential for the team based on what they did last year. Some voters move teams up and down from week to week based on what they've done. But yes, neither SCAR, A&M, Wazzu, or UCLA have done anything to merit their rankings.
Cdyhybrid, how did you miss this?

Thanks for the humorless lecture about what we are supposed to be allowed to put on our joke t-shirts, oh great and mighty Longhorn fan. I'm glad you learned so much after Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Missou all bailed on your arrogant asses about how to be more fun to be around.

Actually, your lecture wasn't that humorless. You did imply that Mack Brown won a national title, when we all know it had nothing to do with Mack, and EVERYTHING to do with a transcendent athlete named Vince Young, who, when Mack tried to actually "coach him up" lost most everything that made him an on-the-field superman. The best thing Mack ever did was stop trying to coach VY. Yeah, that's Louie CK-level material there, buddy. I totally LOLed.

And Mack Brown usually beats the shit out of tech

Houston, Baylor and SMU all have heisman winners too. Tech? Not a thing

Yeah. Screw the Fred Biletnikoffs the Doak Walkers, the Sammy Baughs, The Johnny Us, or the Mosi Tatupu awards our players have won. I forgot the rule the humorless but mighty Texas Longhorns imposed on the universe that said you have to have a Heisman winner to make a joke on a goofy T-Shirt.

You're waisting your breath. Fans of the mighty Texas Longhorns, who LORD their grand oh-so-impressive total of TWO conference championships in the 15-year Mack Brown Era over such lowly schools as Texas Tech, REQUIRE that everyone in the entire football universe bow down to them and all their accomplishments.

Try using that line at the Longhorn ticket office when you're trying to secure those vs. Tech tickets. See how cheap your tickets are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom