• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
These FS1 announcers are terrible. I hate the sound of that one guy's voice.

andycapps

I honestly think this game killed his Heisman chances, especially if Jameis Winston keeps on killing it.

I doubt Winston would get it, but he's doing really well.

Trying to think: Lose Steen, might possibly get Cyrus back (because of how poor he's played). Lose Norwood and Bell. Think all of the RB's will be back, except for maybe Fowler.

Get that OT from Louisiana (Cameron) as a day 1 starter (with or without CK), and every position is strong. Just need a QB to be steady. Long shot to go undefeated, but playoffs allow for a larger chance to get in, or at least have a solid year in the SEC.

You need to check out the returning QB's in the SEC next year. There aren't many. We're all in the same boat. LSU, Georgia, A&M, SCAR (better situation that most because of the dual system), Missouri, Vandy. Who's the best of what's left? Probably SCAR's Thompson. Sure ain't Bo. Perhaps Auburn's Marshall.

Guess there's Florida, who's got to decide if they're done with the Driskel regime or not.

Now, Alabama's defense, trickier. Belue and Ha Ha gone, CJ gone, Hubbard probably gone. Stinson and maybe some other lineman, but there are so many, we don't have any that "stand out"

UGA's QB will be Hutson Mason. Lot of people wanted him to start over Murray and Mettenberger way back when, but Murray got started and never looked back. Mason almost transferred a few times but somehow they talked him out of it. So he'll get his one and done year, but supposedly he's really good.

We really just need a QB that's decent because we'll have Gurley, Marshall and all of our receivers back except for Wooten and our tight end, Arthur Lynch. We lose some OL next year, but they've been rotating a ton this year, I don't think there will be much dropoff there. Our defense should be much better since most of them will be more experienced and bigger.

JHall

Guess there's Florida, who's got to decide if they're done with the Driskel regime or not.

Driskel better not start another game. Best case scenario is Tyler Murphy plays extremely well the rest of the season and becomes the starter for next season. Will Grier is redshirted and lives up to the hype after Murphy leaves.

Garryk

Missouri @ Georgia by 6
Oklahoma vs Texas by 21
Indiana @ Michigan State by 7
Navy @ Duke by 6
Florida @ LSU by 4
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 6
Syracuse @ NC State by 10
Oregon @ Washington by 14
Michigan @ Penn State by 8
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 9
Boise State @ Utah State by 6
Oregon State @ Washington State by 9

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Missouri @ Georgia by 7
Oklahoma vs Texas by 17
Indiana @ Michigan State by 7
Navy @ Duke by 7
Florida @ LSU by 4
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7
Syracuse @ NC State by 10
Oregon @ Washington by 17
Michigan @ Penn State by 7
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 10
Boise State @ Utah State by 7
Oregon State @ Washington State by 10

@audsnyder4 16h
Fans at the Bill O'Brien radio show tonight instructed not to ask anything about Indiana. Also have quite a few Nittanyville campers here.

mre

@audsnyder4 16h
Fans at the Bill O'Brien radio show tonight instructed not to ask anything about Indiana. Also have quite a few Nittanyville campers here.
That doesn't make any sense. Nor does doing the coach's show on a Friday.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He would definitely get it if he maintains his current pace for the rest of the year. There is just no way that happens, too young. Many Ints will be thrown.

If he goes off on either Clemson or Florida, he'll have a shot. Go off on both, and he should win it.

the amount of people picking GT is baffling to me

had to go back to see who I picked. BYU by 4.

andycapps

He would definitely get it if he maintains his current pace for the rest of the year. There is just no way that happens, too young. Many Ints will be thrown.

Too young and the competition is about to get a lot tougher. I'll be cheering for FSU next Saturday though.

Lonestar

gatorjortscollage.jpg

No reason but "just cause"

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously though, BYU winning this one is the lock of the forever. The lockiest that ever was. Even lockier than Bama over whatever I-AA team they play this week.

Caffeine-fueled emotional energy, bitches!

Kentucky? A fair few I-AA teams might be more competitive.

diehard

Fleer
Other people think dIEHARD's favorite team might actually lose a game.

Scientists baffled.

No that's fine.. but if you knew about the two teams that probably wouldn't be your pick.

I would prefer everyone here picked against them; the majority has been wrong every single time.

andycapps

Anybody else hate that fucking field goal line ESPN has been putting down?

No, I can't must up enough concern over Kentucky to even fake worry that we may lose the game.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

Have you seen Kentucky's long snapper? I actually started looking at stats to see some way that Kentucky could be a threat to anyone, and I couldn't find anything. Dead last in every offensive category.

tokkun

Missouri @ Georgia by 4
Oklahoma vs Texas by 14
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 8
Florida @ LSU by 8
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 8
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Michigan @ Penn State by 4
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 8
Boise State @ Utah State by 10
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

I feel bad for the Rutgers D, they did everything they needed to do to give them a chance to win, and Nova just regressed to a completely devoid of talent gunslinger.

I just wish someone on the D would get in his face, and tell him his style of play is unacceptable.

Lonestar

I feel bad for the Rutgers D, they did everything they needed to do to give them a chance to win, and Nova just regressed to a completely devoid of talent gunslinger.

I just wish someone on the D would get in his face, and tell him his style of play is unacceptable.

D had it's chances to tie the game up themselves, but decided on the easy way of fumble recovery: Fall on it.

D had it's chances to tie the game up themselves, but decided on the easy way of fumble recovery: Fall on it.

If you followed Rutgers you'd know the following;

Last week Rutgers had the same scenario happen, this time it was Jeremy Deering whom prior to being move to Safety was a Wildcat QB and WR, he's adept at having the ball in his hands, what happened? He tries to scoop it and it bounces out of bounds of his shin.

Dave Milewski who recovered the fumble is a DE, who is finally healthy for the first time in his college career after tearing his ACL two years in a row.

Odds are he doesn't get a touchdown, maybe 15-20 yards which would've helped, but he wasn't going to score.

cdyhybrid

Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler 4m
A somewhat surreal scene: USC coach as of 2 weeks ago at a Washington walk through. Lane Kiffin joins us on @CollegeGameDay tomorrow.

Kiffikins will be on set!

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Games

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 30
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 6
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 9
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 15
Michigan @ Penn State by 7
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 5
Boise State @ Utah State by 5
Oregon State @ Washington State by 7

Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler 4m
A somewhat surreal scene: USC coach as of 2 weeks ago at a Washington walk through. Lane Kiffin joins us on @CollegeGameDay tomorrow.

Kiffikins will be on set!

I hear Sark is looking to bring Kiffin on the coaching staff. Maybe a WR coach, or hey, even play caller!?

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Games

Georgia by 10
Oklahoma by 21
Michigan State by 6
Navy by 8
LSU by 9
Northwestern by 4
NC State by 3
Oregon by 42
Penn State by 2
BYU by 4
Boise State by 14
Oregon State by 5 (return of popcorn man)

cdyhybrid

Establishing Kiffin as Head Coach In Waiting at Washington isn't gonna piss off Pat. I'm sure Pat will be happy that Lane landed on his feet somewhere.
After he did him dirty at the airport like that? Haden is probably sending out hitmen after Kiffin's entire family. Also, head-coach-in-waiting is already claimed!

mre

Establishing Kiffin as Head Coach In Waiting at Washington isn't gonna piss off Pat. I'm sure Pat will be happy that Lane landed on his feet somewhere.
U Dub would be doing Pat Haden a solid. I'm sure Kiffin's contract calls for his buyout to be reduced by whatever salary he earns coaching at another school. Unless U Dub hired him for a $1.00, which would be such a dick move.

cdyhybrid

U Dub would be doing Pat Haden a solid. I'm sure Kiffin's contract calls for his buyout to be reduced by whatever salary he earns coaching at another school. Unless U Dub hired him for a $1.00, which would be such a dick move.

That would be entertaining, but it wouldn't be worth employing Lane Kiffin.

AntoneM

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Games

Missouri @ Georgia by 12
Oklahoma vs Texas by 9
Indiana @ Michigan State by 9
Navy @ Duke by 6
Florida @ LSU by 4
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 9
Syracuse @ NC State by 6
Michigan @ Penn State by 11
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 6