• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Good lord, was that the RG or Center that just did a turn around during that play?
Did you see this:
http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/45290108/Luke-Del-Rio-is-our-3rd-string-quarterback.aspx said:
Luke Del Rio is our 3rd string quarterback

Per Saban on the Hey Coach radio show.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
and the defender launches into a Superman, right into the head of the QB. Just a roughing call, instead of targeting.

Lonestar

Did you see this:

Nah, but guess this might be the end of Alec Morris. Still think Bateman will be ahead of him by the end of the year/next year. Better to protect a redshirt of a scholarship QB, than a walk on QB.

Saw Ron Prince on the sideline, trying to talk up the Olinemen :lol Not doing too good, Mr. Power Towel.

mre

Nah, but guess this might be the end of Alec Morris. Still think Bateman will be ahead of him by the end of the year/next year. Better to protect a redshirt of a scholarship QB, than a walk on QB.

Saw Ron Prince on the sideline, trying to talk up the Olinemen :lol Not doing too good, Mr. Power Towel.
We'd better win it all this year, because next year we ain't winning shit.

Draxal

Covered the spread I'm happy.

Knew our offensive line is still going to be an issue even through we have 3 different coaches with offensive line pedigrees including our head coach.

I'm actually really impressed with our defense bounced back in the second half.

andycapps

gonna need some 2 loss teams, to get Louisville into the championship
I don't see there being that many two loss teams. I think Louisville might have lost their opportunity tonight.

I don't think Bridgewater has looked that impressive, honestly. Numbers are certainly respectable and pretty good on paper but he also made some pretty poor throws and decisions that would have resulted in more interceptions against a better defense.

Draxal

I don't see there being that many two loss teams. I think Louisville might have lost their opportunity tonight.

I don't think Bridgewater has looked that impressive, honestly.

He had a really bad game; he was ten times better in the last game against Rutgers when he wasn't playing against our 3/4/5 cornerbacks or a reshirt freshman and two true freshman. (1st is out for personal reasons, 2nd got hurt on the 3rd play of the game).

andycapps

He had a really bad game; he was ten times better in the last game against Rutgers when he wasn't playing against our 3/4/5 cornerbacks or a reshirt freshman and two true freshman. (1st is out for personal reasons, 2nd got hurt on the 3rd play of the game).
These big games are the chance to see how good these guys are. With a lot of good QB's coming out this year and with the play as good as it is, I think he might have hurt his stock a little bit tonight.

I really want to make the UL trip happen. Doubt I can though unless I want to find a 3:00 flight or something.

It should be a damn good game next Friday.

Draxal

These big games are the chance to see how good these guys are. With a lot of good QB's coming out this year and with the play as good as it is, I think he might have hurt his stock a little bit tonight.

I honestly think this game killed his Heisman chances, especially if Jameis Winston keeps on killing it.

Lonestar

We'd better win it all this year, because next year we ain't winning shit.

Trying to think: Lose Steen, might possibly get Cyrus back (because of how poor he's played). Lose Norwood and Bell. Think all of the RB's will be back, except for maybe Fowler.

Get that OT from Louisiana (Cameron) as a day 1 starter (with or without CK), and every position is strong. Just need a QB to be steady. Long shot to go undefeated, but playoffs allow for a larger chance to get in, or at least have a solid year in the SEC.

You need to check out the returning QB's in the SEC next year. There aren't many. We're all in the same boat. LSU, Georgia, A&M, SCAR (better situation that most because of the dual system), Missouri, Vandy. Who's the best of what's left? Probably SCAR's Thompson. Sure ain't Bo. Perhaps Auburn's Marshall.

Guess there's Florida, who's got to decide if they're done with the Driskel regime or not.

Now, Alabama's defense, trickier. Belue and Ha Ha gone, CJ gone, Hubbard probably gone. Stinson and maybe some other lineman, but there are so many, we don't have any that "stand out"

mre

Trying to think: Lose Steen, might possibly get Cyrus back (because of how poor he's played). Lose Norwood and Bell. Think all of the RB's will be back, except for maybe Fowler.

Get that OT from Louisiana (Cameron) as a day 1 starter (with or without CK), and every position is strong. Just need a QB to be steady. Long shot to go undefeated, but playoffs allow for a larger chance to get in, or at least have a solid year in the SEC.

You need to check out the returning QB's in the SEC next year. There aren't many. We're all in the same boat. LSU, Georgia, A&M, SCAR (better situation that most because of the dual system), Missouri, Vandy. Who's the best of what's left? Probably SCAR's Thompson. Sure ain't Bo. Perhaps Auburn's Marshall.

Guess there's Florida, who's got to decide if they're done with the Driskel regime or not.

Now, Alabama's defense, trickier. Belue and Ha Ha gone, CJ gone, Hubbard probably gone. Stinson and maybe some other lineman, but there are so many, we don't have any that "stand out"
Hubbard is gone. He's a senior.

Lonestar

Hubbard is gone. He's a senior.

We'll have to see if Denzel, Reuben, or some of the other underclassmen will step up. Also see how Depriest will do on his own, and whether or not the young CB's improve with the amount of playing time they're already getting.

LegoDad

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Games

Missouri @ Georgia by 9
Oklahoma vs Texas by 18
Indiana @ Michigan State by 9
Navy @ Duke by 9
Florida @ LSU by 9
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 9
Syracuse @ NC State by 9
Oregon @ Washington by 18
Michigan @ Penn State by 9
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 9
Boise State @ Utah State by 9
Oregon State @ Washington State by 9

povuPgI.png

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good, last time we beat an in-conference opponent on the road who finished .500> was USC in 2009

Haha, your screen name is hilarious. Need a khaki avatar. I hope your name is actually Jake and you do work for State Farm.

cdyhybrid

I was at a music festival at The Gorge in June and the group next to us was a bunch of Cougs. We wound up drinking with them before going into the show both days. One of them was named Jake so he was nicknamed Jake From State Farm. He chugged for 5+ seconds from a bottle of warm Jose and passed out in the tent, didn't wake up to get into the festival until sometime after 11pm.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
We haven't beat back-to-back Pac12 opponents since 2006. That all changes Saturday!

Draxal

Missouri @ Georgia by 7
Oklahoma vs Texas by 21
Indiana @ Michigan State by 10
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 7
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7
Syracuse @ NC State by 7
Oregon @ Washington by 10
Michigan @ Penn State by 7
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 7
Boise State @ Utah State by 7