• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'd make the pass interference rule match the NFL. The current rule encourages interference on any pass over 15 yards, especially if it's a long bomb to the endzone. Why let him catch it and score when you can just interfere with it and give them 15 yards instead? I could see keeping the current 15 yard rule for passes interfered without outside of the endzone, but inside the endzone that should give the passing team a TD.

Another good call. I agree, it definitely creates an incentive to intentionally take out the receiver if the potential gain is over 30 yards. The guaranteed 15 yards is probably better than the potential 30-40/TD if you are beat on your route.

jjasper

I agree about the PI call. What is weird about it though is that it is probably underexploited by teams/players.

KingGondo

Banned
I prefer most NFL rules over their NCAA counterparts.

One that drives me nuts: players should have to be down by contact. If you go to a knee to catch a low pass you should be able to get up and run. Same goes for a long diving reception/interception.

andycapps

I've been wanting to get rid of cut/chop blocks ever since Arkansas blew out Dont'a Hightower's knee his Sophomore year. Still don't think he ever gained back his top speed since then.

Happened to Kwame Geathers against Georgia Tech a few years ago.

Missouri @ Georgia by 6
Oklahoma vs Texas by 17
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 8
Florida @ LSU by 12
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 6
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 12
Michigan @ Penn State by 20
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 6
Boise State @ Utah State by 4
Oregon State @ Washington State by 10

Tamanon

Banned
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ut-feelers-to-tony-dungy-whos-not-interested/

Tony Dungy says USC can cross his name off its coaching search list.

Dungy, the former Buccaneers and Colts head coach, said on the Dan Patrick Show that USC put out feelers to see if he would have any interest in filling their coaching vacancy after the Trojans fired Lane Kiffin.

“Representatives of the organization have called — your people called my people, just to see if you’re interested,” Dungy said.

Asked what his answer was, Dungy was blunt: “Not interested.”

Little surprising they thought about Dungy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Missouri @ Georgia by 4
Oklahoma vs Texas by 12
Indiana @ Michigan State by 9
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 9
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 4
Syracuse @ NC State by 6
Oregon @ Washington by 18
Michigan @ Penn State by 4
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 6
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 42
Indiana @ Michigan State by 7
Navy @ Duke by 10
Florida @ LSU by10
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7
Syracuse @ NC State by 7
Oregon @ Washington by 21
Michigan @ Penn State by 4
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 7
Boise State @ Utah State by 14
Oregon State @ Washington State by 7

Enfinit

FSU at Clemson is going to be intense next week! I'll probably have to find a way to camp out for tickets probably.

Student tickets sold out in less than day. The cheapest I can find online are StubHub for $150. I really want to go, but I'm weary on wasting the gas on the drive from Tallahassee to Death Valley on the shear luck of scalping tickets.

Karl2177

Not sure I can take another game like the Texas one. :(

I also hope you don't have to suffer through another close game like that this week. ;)

I'm guessing that even if Mayfield is ready to go after hurting his knee we will still be starting Webb or Brewer anyway so IMO you will be facing a first time starter this week. We'll see as the week goes on if any news on that front develops.

I'm fine if we lose a close game as long as it's a fair game. Tech/ISU has actually been fun to watch the past few years, and I don't expect this year to be any different. We'll probably play at some of our best because of the Texas game. Tech's passing is pretty fun to watch, and just looking at defensive numbers Tech seems fairly good(dunno if this is because the toughest opponent was TCU or not). I'm looking forward to it. :)

Student tickets sold out in less than day. The cheapest I can find online are StubHub for $150. I really want to go, but I'm weary on wasting the gas on the drive from Tallahassee to Death Valley on the shear luck of scalping tickets.

Yeah, scalping prices will be bad. Student ticket distribution starts on October 16 here, so I have to get there very early to get a chance of getting a ticket.

Meier

How is this not in the OP?

winston.gif

Georgia by 20
Oklahoma by 50
Michigan State by 10
Navy by 4
Florida by 4
Northwestern by 4
NC State by 4
Oregon by 10
Michigan by 4
Georgia Tech by 4
Boise State by 4
Washington State by 4

diehard

Fleer
That Jameis Winston touchdown was nice.

Not nice enough for me to have literally seen it 14 times now.

Sweet, ConfusingJazz picked against BYU; that win is a lock now.

I don't get how a team can have exposed brick in the endzone, especially when it's really not that far from the back of it...

YNKa3gF.gif

That doesn't leave much run off room.

I don't get how a team can have exposed brick in the endzone, especially when it's really not that far from the back of it...

YNKa3gF.gif

That doesn't leave much run off room.

It's probably a good 10 or so yards from the back of the endzone. But running full speed, it is obviously a bit of an issue, I guess.

At least it isn't Marshall where they had band cards right off the field, causing a Houston receiver to snap his leg in two when he ran into it running full speed....

It's probably a good 10 or so yards from the back of the endzone. But running full speed, it is obviously a bit of an issue, I guess.

At least it isn't Marshall where they had band cards right off the field, causing a Houston receiver to snap his leg in two when he ran into it running full speed....

It doesn't help that SMU DB shoves Carroo into it adding to his momentum.

That game was a complete joke, and the school is still waiting on a response on the blown 2pt conversion call.

[Responding late to this post from The previous thread]

For injuries sake it's a good thing y'all aren't playing @ Mizzou. You're lucky if your team comes away from that divot laden field without someone tearing an acl

Wow. remember in 2011 a record number of knee injuries happening on that worn out rug. Tech had three season-enders in one game, and the very next game both Fozzy from UT and the Mizzou RB both tore up their knees. That was 2011, and it was being berated in the press, and protested to the B12 commissioner. You mean Mizzou STILL hasn't replaced their Field? I would have thought that would have been a condition for their entry into the SEC SEC.

andycapps

Wow. remember in 2011 a record number of knee injuries happening on that worn out rug. Tech had three season-enders in one game, and the very next game both Fozzy from UT and the Mizzou RB both tore up their knees. That was 2011, and it was being berated in the press, and protested to the B12 commissioner. You mean Mizzou STILL hasn't replaced their Field? I would have thought that would have been a condition for their entry into the SEC SEC.

I think they replaced it after the 2011 season.

Schmitty

KILL ME

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 14
Indiana @ Michigan State by 6
Navy @ Duke by 9
Florida @ LSU by 10
Syracuse @ NC State by7
Oregon @ Washington by 14
Michigan @ Penn State by 4 SHAME WILL MOTIVATE
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 7
Boise State @ Utah State by 4
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fine if we lose a close game as long as it's a fair game. Tech/ISU has actually been fun to watch the past few years, and I don't expect this year to be any different. We'll probably play at some of our best because of the Texas game. Tech's passing is pretty fun to watch, and just looking at defensive numbers Tech seems fairly good(dunno if this is because the toughest opponent was TCU or not). I'm looking forward to it. :)

Fun to watch for ISU fans, sure. Two of the last three seasons have been ISU blowouts.

It doesn't help that SMU DB shoves Carroo into it adding to his momentum.

That game was a complete joke, and the school is still waiting on a response on the blown 2pt conversion call.
What call was that? The SMU conversion? It looked good to me. Had both feet down.. Or at least one foot plus possession of the ball. Was there another disputed issue?

SMU, by the way needs to switch to the uniforms they wore Sat full time. So much better than their current ones.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

andycapps already mentioned it but it was replaced before the 2012 season started.

What call was that? The SMU conversion? It looked good to me. Had both feet down.. Or at least one foot plus possession of the ball. Was there another disputed issue?

SMU, by the way needs to switch to the uniforms they wore Sat full time. So much better than their current ones.

The guy who caught the ball wasn't allowed to be on the field.

He was injured the play prior, and the medical staff came on the field and took him off.

He must miss the next play unless his team takes a time out, which they didn't.

Meier

We're too busy watching better gifs. :)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/aaron-murray-to-chris-conley-b.gif?w=640[IMG][/QUOTE]

Incredible catch but that was a 1 yard throw! Pfft. O'Leary's grab is sick in and of itself on top of the the ball even getting to him.

Talon

My Picks

Missouri @ Georgia by 3
Oklahoma vs Texas by 11
Indiana @ Michigan State by 6
Navy @ Duke by 2
Florida @ LSU by 6
Syracuse @ NC State by 3
Oregon @ Washington by 1
Michigan @ Penn State by 12
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 6
Boise State @ Utah State by 3
Oregon State @ Washington State by 6

"you better get your feet in"
They decided the morning-of to have the offense face one side of the field.

Good job, Wrigley! And whoever fucking chose Wrigley!

Draxal

The guy who caught the ball wasn't allowed to be on the field.

He was injured the play prior, and the medical staff came on the field and took him off.

He must miss the next play unless his team takes a time out, which they didn't.

I thought the TD before it was much more egregious (I can t believe it didn't get overturned even though they would of scored anyway since it was first and ten from the 2). I saw somebody stating that an official timeout also counts whxixh there was one for the replay.

I'm still pissed off at flood for taking his feet off the throttle, the refs arent going to do us any favors for obvious reasons.

I thought the TD before it was much more egregious (I can t believe it didn't get overturned even though they would of scored anyway since it was first and ten from the 2). I saw somebody stating that an official timeout also counts whxixh there was one for the replay.

I'm still pissed off at flood for taking his feet off the throttle, the refs arent going to do us any favors for obvious reasons.

I haven't heard that the review timeout counts toward breaking up the plays and allowing him to return to the field of play without missing a down.

I still didn't know a TD can be scored at the 1 yard line.

His ass hits at the 3, and his arm stretches out to the 1.

Up goes the line judge arms TD

Top Bottom