• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

Jeff-DSA

aj-mccarron-to-deandrew-white-b.gif

ihbpY4w64wtxf.gif

Here was that DeAndrew White 1 handed catch mentioned earlier

Impressive, even against that high school's JV squad.

Talon

We know.

It's why I have a perverse notion that I would still like to see the game with that abomination in play.
I actually would be lying if I said it wasn't cool to see a game at that place.

Seeing Wrigleyville swarmed in Purple and Orange was pretty neat. Until Rashard Mendenhall literally ran the entire perimeter of Wrigley 6 times.

JHall

About time Florida plays a big game. Very curious to see how the Gatas do.

Over the past years our first half schedule hasn't been very difficult since Tennessee hasn't been all that great lately. After the Kentucky game our schedule picks up with LSU, UGA, USCe, and FSU. Then in 2014 you'll need to add Bama to that mix.

Draxal

I actually would be lying if I said it wasn't cool to see a game at that place.

Seeing Wrigleyville swarmed in Purple and Orange was pretty neat. Until Rashard Mendenhall literally ran the entire perimeter of Wrigley 6 times.

CFB at Yankees stadium is an abomination.

Enfinit

Over the past years our first half schedule hasn't been very difficult since Tennessee hasn't been all that great lately. After the Kentucky game our schedule picks up with LSU, UGA, USCe, and FSU. Then in 2014 you'll need to add Bama to that mix.

Bama's gonna be a hell of a game. Is that in the Swamp?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bama's gonna be a hell of a game. Is that in the Swamp?
Eh, McCarron is graduating and there is no heir apparent. None of the freshmen/redshirt freshman have been able to wrestle the backup job from Blake Sims, whom we recruited as a RB/ATH. He's only playing QB because, prior to this year, we had absolutely no depth at the position with the transfer of Phillip Simms. Our high 4* QB recruit tore his ACL last friday night.

We may win 10 games next all because of our defense, but that's going to lose a lot of starters at the end of this season.

If I had to guess I'd say the game will be in Tuscaloosa assuming no additional schedule tweaks like going to 9 SEC games. We play Tennessee at home this year, so we should be away in Knoxville next year. That would make you our other Eastern division game, so we will most likely get you at home.

Enfinit

If I had to guess I'd say the game will be in Tuscaloosa assuming no additional schedule tweaks like going to 9 SEC games. We play Tennessee at home this year, so we should be away in Knoxville next year. That would make you our other Eastern division game, so we will most likely get you at home.

Just looked it up, and the Gatas will be taking to trip to Tuscaloosa.

And I'm a Nole fan, sucka!

mre

Just looked it up, and the Gatas will be taking to trip to Tuscaloosa.

And I'm a Nole fan, sucka!
Not anymore. You're officially a Gata. Sorry! Your jorts should arrive in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

Apparently USC contacted Tony Dungy. So USC is going to make another terrible hire me thinks if this is the type theyre going after.
I thought he said he wouldn't want to coach college football. Too much time preparing for the upcoming season. Recruiting, plays, etc.

Enfinit

Not anymore. You're officially a Gata. Sorry! Your jorts should arrive in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

Nooooooooooo! I spend enough time in Gainesville as it is. Quick bio: wonderful significant other attends Florida, I'll be graduating from FSU in the Spring, and my parents/family attended South Carolina.

Go Cocks and Noles, but never the Gatas! Actually, I root for the Gatas whenever we're not playing them. But I'll never wear jorts.

Ever.

Ever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Eh, McCarron is graduating and there is no heir apparent. None of the freshmen/redshirt freshman have been able to wrestle the backup job from Blake Sims, whom we recruited as a RB/ATH. He's only playing QB because, prior to this year, we had absolutely no depth at the position with the transfer of Phillip Simms. Our high 4* QB recruit tore his ACL last friday night.

We may win 10 games next all because of our defense, but that's going to lose a lot of starters at the end of this season.

Unsure is where the backup QB is. Blake getting snaps, cause he's an upperclassmen. Think it's more of a mark against Alec Morris. Too early to tell about Cooper Batemen (who I was high on coming out of high school), or Luke Del Rio. If Parker Macloud (?) is the starter, shoot me.

Those last 3 won't see the field this year because of redshirting. Then there is Cornwell next year, and Ricky Town the year after that (unless they sign somewhere else).

All it'll take is one of them to learn: "throw the safe, easy passes, we're good enough to win with just those", we'll be fine.

mre

Unsure is where the backup QB is. Blake getting snaps, cause he's an upperclassmen. Think it's more of a mark against Alec Morris. Too early to tell about Cooper Batemen (who I was high on coming out of high school), or Luke Del Rio. If Parker Macloud (?) is the starter, shoot me.

Those last 3 won't see the field this year because of redshirting. Then there is Cornwell next year, and Ricky Town the year after that (unless they sign somewhere else).

All it'll take is one of them to learn: "throw the safe, easy passes, we're good enough to win with just those", we'll be fine.
Georgia State was the first time Saban has actually let Sims run the offense. To be honest, he didn't look too horrible out there. Then again, Georgia State.

JHall

:jnc

I can proudly say I've never worn or owned a pair of jorts.

My God Father on the other hand, who's a UF grad can't say the same...

Talon

Jake Ryan - Designated 2012-2013 Favored White Michigan Player

Otherwise known as the entire Wisconsin Badgers football team

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Julio Jones in the MNF game is continuing the weekend of the one handed catch. Pretty amazing grab on this drive.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
fuck the falcons for not kicking the field goal earlier. Losing FF to Luke Smith by 1.5 points, while I'm piecemealing as best as I can with half my draft destroyed by injuries. AP on the bench, settling for My Brain Hurts Duo, Eddie Lacy and Snelling.

Fuck Jim Harbaugh too. So what you're up by 30 points, keep throwing to Bolden dammit.

Apparently a bunch of UCLA trolls are prank calling prime candidates for the USC head coaching job. Actually, they aren't confirmed to be UCLA trolls, but I would have a lot more respect for UCLA fans if they were the ones behind the pranks

USC has identified the posers and is taking "appropriate action," Haden said Monday in a blog post on the school's official website.

Haden says somebody posing as a USC official repeatedly tried to speak to an unnamed member of the Denver Broncos' coaching staff about the opening. Defensive coordinate Jack Del Rio has been previously connected to the position.

Another phony school representative contacted Tony Dungy, the former Tampa Bay and Indianapolis coach.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/coll...s-say-impersonators-making-calls-coaching-job

clav

I spent my Sunday morning staring at the beach for a couple of hours.

Whatever.

There's still a chance for a rematch in December.

Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7 Don't call it an upset special.

How is that pick even an upset special when Northwestern opens as 10 point underdogs?

Anyone think Georgia can win without Gurley III?

Also, is Oklahoma that much better than Texas?

I may be new to CFB, but from what I have seen Oklahoma are not more than 2 TDs better than Texas. Oklahoma don't seem to score many points and were struggling for the first half on the weekend.

Also, does the neutral ground favour either team more, or is it truly neutral?

jakncoke

Banned
LB Jake Ryan cleared to play.

DT Ondre Pipkins out for season.

Who cares about the D, the D doesnt matter. The offense will score at a pace HACK and co cant keep pace! We are so talentless and youthy on D so many errors. If i had a all-22 to Penn St footage. Id make a weekly circle of shame gif package on them(this is assuming im not lazy enough to learn how to make proper gifs)

Well, at least this week on paper PSU is supposed to lose.

Although, I did feel some of your sentiment back in 05.

Yeah but my uncle is a Michigan fan

I spent my Sunday morning staring at the beach for a couple of hours.

Whatever.

There's still a chance for a rematch in December.

I'm very much hoping for one.

I'd like to get a more decisive win against you guys next time around, which would boost our MNC chances better than a win against anyone else in your division, most likely.

Just win out, please. Don't blow it against Michigan or Nebraska.

andycapps

Anyone think Georgia can win without Gurley III?

Also, is Oklahoma that much better than Texas?

I may be new to CFB, but from what I have seen Oklahoma are not more than 2 TDs better than Texas. Oklahoma don't seem to score many points and were struggling for the first half on the weekend.

Also, does the neutral ground favour either team more, or is it truly neutral?

I think the real question is whether Georgia can win without Gurley, Mitchell, Marshall, Bennett, and Scott-Wesley. The only reason why we even have a chance is because of Murray. He's been clutch enough to not miss a beat when another receiver goes down, or another running back is behind him. He's pretty much got Chris Conley left, who is a very good receiver (one handed catch this last week), as well as a former walk-on in Rhett McGowan, and Rantavious Wooten (a senior with injury problems). Wooten had a career game this last week and caught two TD's, including the final one to send the game to OT. I am guessing our two tight ends, Jay Rome and Arthur Lynch, will start getting more balls thrown to them. Maybe more passes underneath to our fullback, as well.

The problem on our defense is several things. Our run defense has been good, but our secondary has 4 out of 5 being true freshmen. So their heads are spinning going up against more physical competition than in highschool, and some of them are used to being able to hit guys with shots that might get them kicked out of the game now. So fans keep waiting to see if/when the light bulb will go off in their heads and they'll finally understand where to be and what they're supposed to be doing. That's a bad scenario when going up against a pretty good QB like Mizzou has, especially one that can run the ball if he needs to.

I think the real question is whether Georgia can win without Gurley, Mitchell, Marshall, Bennett, and Scott-Wesley. The only reason why we even have a chance is because of Murray. He's been clutch enough to not miss a beat when another receiver goes down, or another running back is behind him. He's pretty much got Chris Conley left, who is a very good receiver (one handed catch this last week), as well as a former walk-on in Rhett McGowan, and Rantavious Wooten (a senior with injury problems). Wooten had a career game this last week and caught two TD's, including the final one to send the game to OT. I am guessing our two tight ends, Jay Rome and Arthur Lynch, will start getting more balls thrown to them. Maybe more passes underneath to our fullback, as well.

The problem on our defense is several things. Our run defense has been good, but our secondary has 4 out of 5 being true freshmen. So their heads are spinning going up against more physical competition than in highschool, and some of them are used to being able to hit guys with shots that might get them kicked out of the game now. So fans keep waiting to see if/when the light bulb will go off in their heads and they'll finally understand where to be and what they're supposed to be doing. That's a bad scenario when going up against a pretty good QB like Mizzou has, especially one that can run the ball if he needs to.

Yeah watching a small amount of uga's game last week has me worried about them beating a team with confidence in mizzou.

I think mizzou were +9 pts underdog but I think it will much closer than that, Georgia shouldn't have beaten Tennessee.

I love watching gurley though. Hes a machine.

To be a great offensive team you need both a good qb and rb. Without gurley, uga offence is half as bad at least. In fact, having gurley makes Murray so much more dangerous I'd say gurley is ugas key for their offense more than Murray.

Whats the chances of gurley playing at this stage?

It's the Nebraska bias in me but this is still the best catch of the weekend, even with the other one handed catches. Especially since it happens in between 4 defenders and still takes it to the house untouched.

kennybell.gif

Top Bottom