• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

It's the Nebraska bias in me but this is still the best catch of the weekend, even with the other one handed catches. Especially since it happens in between 4 defenders and still takes it to the house untouched.

kennybell.gif

Great catch but bad defending allows him to run the td in.

The defender running from top right of the screen should be running to the back of the catcher. There are players in front who can intercept or obstruct the catch. I've never played gridiron but that sort of thing is coached in Aussie rules football when a player goes up to mark (catch) the ball.

andycapps

Yeah watching a small amount of uga's game last week has me worried about them beating a team with confidence in mizzou.

I think mizzou were +9 pts underdog but I think it will much closer than that, Georgia shouldn't have beaten Tennessee.

I love watching gurley though. Hes a machine.

To be a great offensive team you need both a good qb and rb. Without gurley, uga offence is half as bad at least. In fact, having gurley makes Murray so much more dangerous I'd say gurley is ugas key for their offense more than Murray.

Whats the chances of gurley playing at this stage?

Gurley has the dreaded high ankle sprain. Those take longer to come back from. He wanted to play this last week but he just wasn't ready. Richt said he has 50/50 odds for playing this Saturday, so he'll be a gametime decision, most likely. No question, he makes us a lot better, if for no other reason than teams have to keep an extra man in the box to defend against the run, which makes things easier on Murray. Plus, he's the best running back in college football right now, obviously he's better than anyone else we've got.

JJ Green did great, and had 120ish yards this week, but he's obviously not Gurley.

KingGondo

Banned
This would be like OU fans trying to obscure an OSU flag if Gameday was in Norman.

Very small of those UW fans. Act like you're the big dog, just ignore the little brother if that's the way you feel.

andycapps

ΦKT Member From Georgia Tech Sends Rapiest Email Ever – “Let Them Grind Against Your Dick”

Our news tip line just exploded. Apparently, an active member of Phi Kappa Tau at Georgia Tech sent an email to his chapter that is beginning to spread around like wildfire. In almost every one of the tips we received, the words “rape” and “creepy” were included. Upon further inspection, the email was, in fact, decidedly rapey and creepy.

The alleged emailer is ΦKT’s social chair and rapey wordsmith. The subject of his email is “Luring your Rapebait,” and it reads as a “How-to” guide on talking to girls at parties, getting them drunk, aggressively dancing with them, then finally, closing the deal. And although he urges his brothers, “NO RAPING,” this is the rapiest tangent I’ve ever seen.

More Rutgers fans stupidity:

A. Defending the job Kyle Flood did against SMU. These people like to write 2000 word posts defending shitty coaching.

B. They still believe Greg Schiano was dealt a bad hand in Tampa Bay, and that he's a very good coach.

A. Defending the job Kyle Flood did against SMU. These people like to write 2000 word posts defending shitty coaching.

B. They still believe Greg Schiano was dealt a bad hand in Tampa Bay, and that he's a very good coach.

So people don't like Flood or Schiano now? Didn't he basically make RU competitive in the 2000s? Or was that a different coach.

What exactly are we expecting here.

So people don't like Flood or Schiano now? Didn't he basically make RU competitive in the 2000s? Or was that a different coach.

What exactly are we expecting here.

No, they are still pretty strong defenders of the work.

They still like Flood & Schiano. I counter that they shouldn't, as they are both horrible coaches.

The closest recruiting competition to Rutgers in terms of distance is Maryland. It's not hard to win when you can stake a 200 mile territory with millions of people all to yourself. It's not a stellar recruiting job to get players in that radius. Schiano gets a lot of credit because Terry Shea was so bad.

cashman

Banned
Also, is Oklahoma that much better than Texas?

I may be new to CFB, but from what I have seen Oklahoma are not more than 2 TDs better than Texas. Oklahoma don't seem to score many points and were struggling for the first half on the weekend.

Also, does the neutral ground favour either team more, or is it truly neutral?

If Texas can get torched by Taysom Hill of BYU, then there's no telling what they'll give up to Blake Bell who's a better more physical runner. Also Texas will have noodle arm Case McCoy playing against an actual good defense for the first time, so it will also be ugly on that side of the ball to. Oklahoma as 14 point favorites might be a good line .... for the first quarter.

BTW: The neutral field is actually pretty awesome since it's the exact halfway point between both schools and its during the State Fair of Texas which is always awesome. I don't know that many UT fans will show up since everybody is expecting an ass kicking.

Draconian

Went back and found the play in 2005:
In horrible quality:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBGbnUAqfqc (edit: but, at least the fumble was actually caused by the defense, and not a stretch to the endzone and bobbled the ball away)

Can actually see what's going on here @ 2:20

I was in that endzone surrounded by UT faithful. I thought he was going to score for sure. The best thing about this play was that Rocky Top was not played again for the rest of the game. UT fans were shocked.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Anybody know what has happened with Ganhyun? Georgia fan who hasn't been online in almost a year. Anyone got him on their XBox Live or PSN list?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I was in that endzone surrounded by UT faithful. I thought he was going to score for sure. The best thing about this play was that Rocky Top was not played again for the rest of the game. UT fans were shocked.

:lol, that sounds like heaven.

Ryan Wood ‏@rwood_SC 9m
Spurrier on Clowney: "If he never plays another snap here, we all should be thankful and appreciative that he came to South Carolina."
Confidence!

andycapps

Anybody know what has happened with Ganhyun? Georgia fan who hasn't been online in almost a year. Anyone got him on their XBox Live or PSN list?

No clue, man. That's troubling. I didn't realize it had been that long.

Seriously wasn't even that offensive. Just typical college guy bullshit. Nothing on the level of the sorority email.

I think the thing that was offensive were the mentions of rape, and hints at getting a girl drunk so she couldn't protest any more.
Confidence!

I wonder what the over/under odds are that Clowney already has an agent. Someone is telling him not to play.

cdyhybrid

Eh, I don't give a shit about some stupid Gameday "tradition". Let them fly the flag, I'm worried about winning the fucking game. Some college kids (and adults who never grew up) don't get the big picture and think messing with rival fans is something they should be doing. If they're that concerned about what rival fans think, they should just focus on helping UW win. UW winning will sting more than any shenanigans involving some stupid flag on a TV set.

However, just saying, if you bring a rival flag onto a team's campus, you'll probably get a hard time at most major football schools. At least we aren't attacking them in bars or poisoning their trees.

andycapps

His gamertag is ShogonOfPain, and if this site is correct then he's still alive and kicking, which was my primary concern: http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/ShogunOfPain/

Good, so long as he's still kicking I'd assume he has a good reason for not being on GAF.

Update on the job in case anybody cares. Second interview last week went really well, they want me and want to give me a huge raise. Problem is that no raises are being approved right now, and no clue when that restriction will lift. Could be end of year, could be middle of next. So, we'll just be waiting to see if when the restriction lifts if they're still looking for someone.

mre

Good, so long as he's still kicking I'd assume he has a good reason for not being on GAF.

Update on the job in case anybody cares. Second interview last week went really well, they want me and want to give me a huge raise. Problem is that no raises are being approved right now, and no clue when that restriction will lift. Could be end of year, could be middle of next. So, we'll just be waiting to see if when the restriction lifts if they're still looking for someone.
Is it really a raise if you're a new hire? That seems... odd.

xeris

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 10
Indiana @ Michigan State by 7
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 7
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 4
Syracuse @ NC State by 6
Oregon @ Washington by 14
Michigan @ Penn State by 10
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 7
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe they should worry about playing the Ducks instead. Some of our fans are also acting dumb about the whole Gameday thing. They want to show up with hundreds of WSU flags. I'm very against that, would be childish. Just fly the regular flags and call it a day. Also, Chris Fowler tweeted saying the flag and flag holders will be protected by ESPN.

I don't care anyway, I'll be in Pullman cheering on the Cougs.

cdyhybrid

Ah yes, David Shaw is riding his high horse and acting all indignant about being accused of faking injuries. Of course, we'll conveniently ignore the fact that this was a thing.

I don't care in the end, you should still be able to deal with it and execute if you're a good team, but give me a fucking break Stanford. At least Oregon sticks to good old traditional means of cheating like buying players from street agents.

Between this and the Sark/Shaw brouhaha, I'm really starting to dislike Washington and their fans.

I'm rolling my eyes right now. Nothing is going to happen. It's just people with too much time on their hands posting their revenge fantasies on the internet.

mre

I suppose I don't have high standards for frat guys.
NEOGAF HEADLINES:

PXLEYES JUSTIFIES CREEPY/RAPEY BEHAVIOR BY "FRAT GUYS"
PXLEYES: TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INTOXICATED COLLEGE GIRLS OKAY AND NOT "THAT OFFENSIVE"
PXLEYES: INTRA-SORORITY DRAMA LARGER PROBLEM FOR UNIVERSITIES THAN FRATERNITY "RAPE GUIDE"

Meier

Man, crazy Jameis stat of the day:

In each of his first 3 ACC games, he has over 300 yards passing and at least 4 TDs. EJ did that once in his career.

pxleyes

Banned
NEOGAF HEADLINES:

PXLEYES JUSTIFIES CREEPY/RAPEY BEHAVIOR BY "FRAT GUYS"
PXLEYES: TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INTOXICATED COLLEGE GIRLS OKAY AND NOT "THAT OFFENSIVE"
PXLEYES: INTRA-SORORITY DRAMA LARGER PROBLEM FOR UNIVERSITIES THAN FRATERNITY "RAPE GUIDE"
You got me. Quoting for posterity. Take the asshole down!

Hey, I read a stat about Baylor today, and I refuse to believe it's true.

Apparently they have yet to have a "3 and out" this season. It's October. How in the hell?

A. He did a crap job letting Cohen change the defensive gameplan in the 2nd half. There was no blitzes, misdirection, or stunts. Plus he allowed Longa a MLB to cover their best WR the bulk of the day.

B. I'd take Greg back in a second to be a DC but nothing more. He's too one sided and meddles too much with the O when he knows nothing about that side of the ball.

andycapps

Is it really a raise if you're a new hire? That seems... odd.

It's a transfer/promotion. So they're not doing off cycle raises right now, period. This is pretty typical for this time of year, really. Probably be lifted after the new year.

The sad thing is that if I were external, I'd probably the job plus more money than they want to give me now. But, if I quit and tried to do that, no guarantee that the company wouldn't have a hiring freeze on (happened many times) or that they'd catch on to my plan and not give me a raise.

So yeah, I have to wait. Current boss said trying to get me a big'ish raise this year, but he won't be able to touch in a typical year end raise what they were offering for a promotion.

jjasper

Hey, I read a stat about Baylor today, and I refuse to believe it's true.

Apparently they have yet to have a "3 and out" this season. It's October. How in the hell?

Remember that one time both Byrce Petty and Tajh Boyd were going to play at UT but Kiffin told them they didn't fit with what he was doing?

Fucking hell.

pxleyes

Banned
Lonestar, you're as bad as the person who let everyone know the kitten saved by the firefighter in that video died.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lonestar, you're as bad as the person who let everyone know the kitten saved by the firefighter in that video died.

I made an "Atlanta hasn't been this destroyed since Sherman" comment in the NFL topic. Seems like they didn't pay attention in history classes.

cdyhybrid

I made an "Atlanta hasn't been this destroyed since Sherman" comment in the NFL topic. Seems like they didn't pay attention in history classes.

The Falcons fans have probably already drowned their sorrows and have been hammered since the end of the game last night.

Top Bottom