• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

jakncoke

Banned
Apparently TCU had less than inspiring attendance once again today.

tcuempty359.png

That's apparently in the 4th quarter when the score was 24-17.

lol why did 41k go to SE LA but like 15k to this game

motherfucking freshman

Pimpwerx

Wow! 4-7 vs ranked teams. What exactly has Will Muschamp done good in his tenure at UF? Can't recruit worth shit, as evidenced by the talent gap on the field. Can't coach an elite defense, which should've been evidenced by his tenure at UT. Can't get the offense to look good, like the Spurrier or Meyer days. Loses important games. Hasn't been a legit title contender at all. Just what the hell is he worth? Are there any pro coaches about to hit the unemployment line? I'd take an NFL castoff over him at this point. Hell, try and lure the Boise State coach over. PEACE.

Only a 1 score game, but it would be really big for the Huskies to answer back on this coming drive. Can't let Oregon have a possession with a chance to extend a lead.

eznark

Banned
Badgers need to fire their secondary coach. Better yet execute him and put his head on a spike in front of Camp Randall as a warning to all future secondary coaches to make sure their kids stay fucking deep on hail mary situations.

Mother fucker.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
well at least the severe rain held off until the game was well in hand. I can't believe our shitty defense only gave up one TD to Navy.

The UVA, Wake NCSU and UNC still on slate, I have to think there are two wins in there somewhere. We're not beating Miami or VT

Mrbob

Badgers need to fire their secondary coach. Better yet execute him and put his head on a spike in front of Camp Randall as a warning to all future secondary coaches to make sure their kids stay fucking deep on hail mary situations.

Mother fucker.

Yeah the D is lucky the sun screwed with the vision of the receiver. Safety stay back how hard can this be to teach?

C4Lukins

Apparently TCU had less than inspiring attendance once again today.

tcuempty359.png

That's apparently in the 4th quarter when the score was 24-17.

It was almost full when the game started. Plus Texas OU was occurring at the exact same time 45 miles away. TCU has a tiny alumni base, and there are more UT, Tech, ATM, OU alumni living in the DFW area then TCU alumni. TCU sells out the stadium because DFW residents show up, or there is a big team they are playing at home that travels. Playing Kansas while Texas versus OU is occurring next door is not going to have much of a draw. I was at a sold out TCU SMU game recently at that stadium. Texas OU weekend is an event.

pxleyes

Banned
Could be worse. Could be losing to BC.

Byw, the Gainesville Green is a fantastic fresh hop ale. I find it much more appealing than any IPA I've had. It feels more balanced and drinkable.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Why the low attendance this year?

Low enrollment, so they don't have a ton of alumni/fans in the first place (Tech had twice as many students in the stands at the TCU game this season as TCU has enrolled), plus everyone is realizing they don't have an automatic 10 wins on their schedule every year anymore. Their losing record against the conference and against all major conference foes since they joined the Big XII last season has not gone unnoticed around town. Today's win against Kansas was TCU's first home win in a Big XII conference game as they went winless last season.

Also, during their run of great seasons lately, they had a decent number of local fans of other teams buying tickets. I've met more than a few Tech alums that live in FW and used to go to a few TCU games a year just because it was something to do. Local people supporting the local team. Now that they're in the Big XII TV package and their game scheduling coincides with all the other big regional teams like Tech, UT, OU, etc. they're not grabbing a lot of those fans of other teams, and plus their home games this season have all been 11 am kickoffs which is also not great for attendance.

It was almost full when the game started. Plus Texas OU was occurring at the exact same time 45 miles away. TCU has a tiny alumni base, and there are more UT, Tech, ATM, OU alumni living in the DFW area then TCU alumni. TCU sells out the stadium because DFW residents show up, or there is a big team they are playing at home that travels. Playing Kansas while Texas versus OU is occurring next door is not going to have much of a draw. I was at a sold out TCU SMU game recently at that stadium. Texas OU weekend is an event.

I've seen pictures of that SMU crowd and saw the crowd on TV. "Selling out" the stadium but having the majority of fans leaving as early as they do isn't a great trend. Having the stadium "almost full" when the Kansas game starts but having that few left in a close conference game by the end isn't something to brag about.

I was at the Tech/TCU game last season and if that game even sold out at all is was due to at least a quarter of the stadium being filled with Tech fans.

jakncoke

Banned
Low enrollment, so they don't have a ton of alumni/fans in the first place (Tech had twice as many students in the stands at the TCU game this season as TCU has enrolled), plus everyone is realizing they don't have an automatic 10 wins on their schedule every year anymore. Their losing record against the conference and against all major conference foes since they joined the Big XII last season has not gone unnoticed around town. Today's win against Kansas was TCU's first home win in a Big XII conference game as they went winless last season.

Also, during their run of great seasons lately, they had a decent number of local fans of other teams buying tickets. I've met more than a few Tech alums that live in FW and used to go to a few TCU games a year just because it was something to do. Local people supporting the local team. Now that they're in the Big XII TV package and their game scheduling coincides with all the other big regional teams like Tech, UT, OU, etc. they're not grabbing a lot of those fans of other teams, and plus their home games this season have all been 11 am kickoffs which is also not great for attendance.

Must live pretty fucking boring lifes, Never in my life I'd attend a game I dont have a rooting interest in. Unless the tickets were free that is.

squicken

hey beating the best team in the country is hard bro!

It's not a shot at either of those schools. Baylor and Oregon just have too much offense for anyone except one of the top tier schools. Who knows? Maybe this is finally the year where a CFB champion has to play zero defense to win a title

Top Bottom