• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

impirius

Clemson has too many good skill position players to lose this game, but that first drive out of the locker room was not inspiring.

pxleyes

Banned
So utterly disappointed with our play today. I expected much better across the board. No drive to win. No fight in the eyes.

Pimpwerx

So utterly disappointed with our play today. I expected much better across the board. No drive to win. No fight in the eyes.

I think it's time for what has become my newly traditional Gator Nap in the 2nd half. We play an ugly brand of football. Ugly, uninspired and utterly boring. PEACE.

C4Lukins

Low enrollment, so they don't have a ton of alumni/fans in the first place (Tech had twice as many students in the stands at the TCU game this season as TCU has enrolled), plus everyone is realizing they don't have an automatic 10 wins on their schedule every year anymore. Their losing record against the conference and against all major conference foes since they joined the Big XII last season has not gone unnoticed around town. Today's win against Kansas was TCU's first home win in a Big XII conference game as they went winless last season.

Also, during their run of great seasons lately, they had a decent number of local fans of other teams buying tickets. I've met more than a few Tech alums that live in FW and used to go to a few TCU games a year just because it was something to do. Local people supporting the local team. Now that they're in the Big XII TV package and their game scheduling coincides with all the other big regional teams like Tech, UT, OU, etc. they're not grabbing a lot of those fans of other teams, and plus their home games this season have all been 11 am kickoffs which is also not great for attendance.

I've seen pictures of that SMU crowd. "Selling out" the stadium but having the majority of fans leaving as early as they do isn't a great trend. Having the stadium "almost full" when the Kansas game starts but having that few left in a close conference game by the end isn't something to brag about.

I was at the Tech/TCU game last season and if that game even sold out at all is was due to at least a quarter of the stadium being filled with Tech fans.

There are more current UT students, then the entirety of TCU alumni living in the DFW area. Just think about that for a second. Despite all that, we are one of the Big 12 teams to be admired. And we will fuck up someone's season. Probably Baylor.

Whatever happens, TCU has a rough road to attract fans. The Rangers, the Cowboys, The Stars, SMU, UT, Tech, OU and that team that was a giant shit stain in the big 12, and is now a dominant force in the SEC. Playing half dozen real games a year, who would have thunk that would be the easy road to a BCS bid.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Must live pretty fucking boring lifes, Never in my life I'd attend a game I dont have a rooting interest in. Unless the tickets were free that is.

Cheap tickets, a perennial top 10-20 team at the time, and they're basically just down the road from where they live. Live games are a good time even if you don't have a rooting interest.

There are more current UT students, then the entirety of TCU alumni living in the DFW area. Just think about that for a second. Despite all that, we are one of the Big 12 teams to be admired. And we will fuck up someone's season. Probably Tech or Baylor.

I don't really know what that means. Losing record in the conference currently, and if by "we will fuck up someone's season" you mean you have great upset potential, welcome to a real conference. Everybody has upset potential. At any rate, you won't be fucking up Tech's season since you already lost that one.

::edit::
Caught your ninja edit before you realized you already lost to Tech this season. :jnc

::edit2::
As far as that sold out SMU game you mentioned earlier, this is a picture of the stadium tweeted out by a TCU media guy apparently 10 minutes before kickoff -

tJhz3Kq.jpg

Filled up a bit more by the middle of the first quarter from what I understand, though.

Pimpwerx

Bench LT Humphries. He blocked no one again on that Murphy keeper. He is terrible. I've seen him whiff on at least 5 blocks today. The left side of the line is terrible. PEACE.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Florida takes an entire quarter to get to the endzone. They have just enough time to potentially pull this game out.

squicken

Baylor QB is having a bad day and it is dragging down the whole offense (obviously). Good game for KSU. Always a fan of Snyder's teams

e: and now they are out of timeouts. coaches need to not let their QBs call time outs

C4Lukins

Cheap tickets, a perennial top 10-20 team at the time, and they're basically just down the road from where they live. Live games are a good time even if you don't have a rooting interest.

I don't really know what that means. Losing record in the conference currently, and if by "we will fuck up someone's season" you mean you have great upset potential, welcome to a real conference. Everybody has upset potential. At any rate, you won't be fucking up Tech's season since you already lost that one.

::edit::
Caught your ninja edit before you realized you already lost to Tech this season. :jnc

Why do you have such aggression towards TCU? Did we fuck your sister, and not pay for the abortion? We are the bottom tier of the big 12. What possible animosity could you have? Maybe you have some inner shit that you need to deal with, and maybe expressing your anger towards college football programs is just a way of coping.

There are more current UT students, then the entirety of TCU alumni living in the DFW area. Just think about that for a second. Despite all that, we are one of the Big 12 teams to be admired. And we will fuck up someone's season. Probably Baylor.

You live in a football-crazy metro area with nearly 6.5 million people.

Why should TCU be admired?

Clemson punts on 4th and 20 to BC. BC has ball at 7 yard line. Clemson then has to call a timeout on defense on 1st down. BC then runs for a first down afte the timeout. LOL

mcgruber

Why do you have such aggression towards TCU? Did we fuck your sister, and not pay for the abortion? We are the bottom tier of the big 12. What possible animosity could you have? Maybe you have some inner shit that you need to deal with, and maybe expressing your anger towards college football programs is just a way of coping.

It's pretty funny to see his contempt for tcu. Maybe he didn't get in? The stadium was never close to full for this game, 35k max. Kansas bringing 50 people was a surprise

Top Bottom