• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 7| I thought it was competing

jjasper

I'll probably go just for the spectacle with the understanding that I will need to DVR the game to actually watch it later. I wonder if it is successful if they try to make it one of the annual first weekend games like the chicken and jerry world games.

jakncoke

Banned
lol why is the spread on the Penn St game so close. I know its at Beaver, but that doesnt help the lack of everything the team has and is in its current form

andycapps

We're working on it, but we've worn the same helmets the last two games :(

You west coast teams and needing fake juice to get up for a game. :p

AC94tEt.jpg

Game of the Century #4!

They'll have to bring in some bigger screens or something so people will be able to see what is going on. From that distance, you won't get to see much at all.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Like just make them stand on the track, no chairs. Also, run cars through at the sametime.

Only way I watch that terrible game.
Given that the crowd will be ~50% Vols, I'm okay with that suggestion. The loss of Hokie lives is an unfortunate but acceptable cost.

Jay Sosa

GAF Pick'em Week 7 Games

Missouri @ Georgia by 12
Oklahoma vs Texas by 17
Indiana @ Michigan State by 10
Navy @ Duke by 3
Florida @ LSU by 2
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 6
Syracuse @ NC State by 12
Oregon@ Washington by 5
Michigan @ Penn State by 10
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 1
Boise State @ Utah State by 9
Oregon State @ Washington Stateby 4

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Could be enough room to put 2 football fields side by side. Schedule another 2 teams, and boom, 2 games at the same time, same place.

While a race is going on.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Missouri @ Georgia by 6
Oklahoma vs Texas by 16
Indiana @ Michigan State by 7
Navy @ Duke by 9
Florida @ LSU by 8
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 6
Syracuse @ NC State by 11
Oregon @ Washington by 10
Michigan @ Penn State by 7
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 10
Boise State @ Utah State by 15
Oregon State @ Washington State by 5

Yeah, I think Missouri takes it. Probably going to be a would-be shootout, but Georgia's losses on offense will make it hard to keep up.

Limedust

Could be enough room to put 2 football fields side by side. Schedule another 2 teams, and boom, 2 games at the same time, same place.

While a race is going on.

I think you're on to something here. I say we reschedule for Tennessee / Auburn and Notre Dame / Whoever, remove all safety equipment requirements from the race, replace the race fuel with rocket fuel, and kick off the entire event with a fireworks and bonfire show.

Who's in?

mre

I think you're on to something here. I say we reschedule for Tennessee / Auburn and Notre Dame / Whoever, remove all safety equipment requirements from the race, replace the race fuel with rocket fuel, and kick off the entire event with a fireworks and bonfire show.

Who's in?
I'll bring the stuff to make s'mores.
Nope, no penalty on that play at all.
So much for "protecting defenseless players."

Meier

Nope, no penalty on that play at all.

I think we were all shocked he didn't get a roughing the passer call on it. This knocked the Maryland QB out of the game (no surprise). Definitely wasn't targeting though and despite Maryland sending it into the ACC for review after, they agreed that it was not.

The boots look is classic. Madison, FL is very country.

jjasper

Given the false accusations coming from UGA after the game, Darren Seybold, Tennessee's director of sports surface management called for a "NFL test" to be done on the field today. A perfect score for a NFL field is 86...the test rated Neyland at 85.

They also do moisture content tests on NFL fields. The perfect moisture content on a NFL field is 33. They performed this test on the field today a well...the moisture content was 32.

The field is nearly perfect.

Georgia fans are dumb but I am sure they will find a new excuse to blame on us for their bad luck and poor strength and conditioning.

mre

I think we were all shocked he didn't get a roughing the passer call on it. This knocked the Maryland QB out of the game (no surprise). Definitely wasn't targeting though and despite Maryland sending it into the ACC for review after, they agreed that it was not.

The boots look is classic. Madison, FL is very country.
Who said anything about targeting? It's clearly not targeting. Like you said, it definitely was roughing the passer.
Georgia fans are dumb but I am sure they will find a new excuse to blame on us for their bad luck and poor strength and conditioning.
Bitching about the field is useless when both teams played on the same damn field.

andycapps

It's possible that it had no impact on the field and that it was all just bad luck. Also possible that Tennessee plays on it regularly so uses different cleats at home than they do on the road. Teams used to do Friday walk-throughs in the home stadium, and sometimes they'd make adjustments in the types of cleats they used. Don't see teams doing that as often now.

I don't think you can blame miniscus tears and ACL tears on poor strength and conditioning. That's as dumb, or worse, as blaming the injuries on the condition of the turf and players getting their cleats caught in it.

Bitching about the field is useless when both teams played on the same damn field.

To be fair, no Georgia coaches or players bitched about the field. The announcers and other commentators have plenty, though.

Meier

Who said anything about targeting? It's clearly not targeting. Like you said, it definitely was roughing the passer.

The announcer on the broadcast called it "textbook targeting" or something along those lines.

I think you could make a case that it wasn't RTP since he only takes 1 step after the throw rather than the required 2, but in this day and age, it would almost always be called so it was surprising that it wasn't.

Meier

I always heard that luck didn't like texas and Mack didn't want his feelings hurt by extending an offer he was unsure would result in a yes

Luck's numbers look pretty pedestrian as a Sophomore as well so no offer on Junior day doesn't seem entirely shocking. 116-229 for 1,529 yards and 7 TDs (INTs not listed). He obviously improved a lot after that but it looks like he committed to Stanford pretty early (mid Senior year). Looks like Texas took a small class that year (20) but no QB.. oof.

andycapps

The announcer on the broadcast called it "textbook targeting" or something along those lines.

I think you could make a case that it wasn't RTP since he only takes 1 step after the throw rather than the required 2, but in this day and age, it would almost always be called so it was surprising that it wasn't.

I don't think that was textbook targeting in the least, or a late hit. I don't know that the defender could have avoided the QB considering how quickly he hit after the ball was thrown. We're seeing the gif in slow motion, in real time it probably seemed much closer.

It's not like the QB was defenseless and was not involved in the play and got blindsided.

Westonian

Missouri @ Georgia by 14
Oklahoma vs Texas by 10
Navy @ Duke by 6
Florida @ LSU by 10
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 7
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 14
Michigan @ Penn State by 6
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 14
Boise State @ Utah State by 6
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

Jeff-DSA

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 13
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 4
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 3
Syracuse @ NC State by 6
Oregon @ Washington by 14
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 17
Boise State @ Utah State by 4
Oregon State @ Washington State by 3

Go Cougars. A win would start making me feel a lot better about the season, not that beating Georgia Tech is any massive feat.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Aggy still claims that Ricky broke the rushing record because we watered the field and they didn't bring the right cleats with them.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Article and podcast on Texas and it's downslide

There are more QB misses than just RG3 and Manziel? :jnc

Michael Brewer, the guy who would have been starting for Tech this season if he hadn't been injured and who was so good as a true freshman that all but 1 of the scholarship players in front of him transferred, not only won multiple state championships at an Austin high school but also had a father AND grandfather that played QB at Texas. Texas took David Ash that year and offered Brewer a greyshirt.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Missouri @ Georgia by 7
Oklahoma vs Texas by 14
Indiana @ Michigan State by 3
Navy @ Duke by 10
Florida @ LSU by 13
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 3
Syracuse @ NC State by 7
Oregon @ Washington by 10
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 7
Boise State @ Utah State by 7
Oregon State @ Washington State by 3

I like our chances vs Navy. Hopefully we can strive to be as good as Western Kentucky

razielim

Missouri @ Georgia by 10
Oklahoma vs Texas by 10
Indiana @ Michigan State by 8
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 13
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 4
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 18
Michigan @ Penn State by 8
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 8
Oregon State @ Washington State by 6

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Man, work is going so slow today! Off to Walla Walla tomorrow for wine tasting, driving to Pullman on Saturday, back to Walla Walla for Sunday/Monday wine tasting. I do this every year with my family and it's one of the weekends I look forward to the most! Can't wait!

‏@GerdOzone 29m
Ohio State confirms the 2015 game against Virginia Tech will open the season on a Monday night.

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

2015 Ohio State Football Non-Conf Schedule
97 – at Virginia Tech
9/12 – Hawaii
9/19 – Northern Illinois
9/26 – Western Michigan

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
‏@GerdOzone 29m
Ohio State confirms the 2015 game against Virginia Tech will open the season on a Monday night.

97 – at Virginia Tech
9/12 – Hawaii
9/19 – Northern Illinois
9/26 – Western Michigan

man, what a shitty schedule. VT just makes it even worse.

[/LSUFans]

KingGondo

Banned
Missouri @ Georgia by 7
Oklahoma vs Texas by 28
Indiana @ Michigan State by 4
Navy @ Duke by 4
Florida @ LSU by 14
Northwestern @ Wisconsin by 4
Syracuse @ NC State by 4
Oregon @ Washington by 28
Michigan @ Penn State by 4
Georgia Tech @ BYU by 4
Boise State @ Utah State by 4
Oregon State @ Washington State by 4

Draxal

‏@GerdOzone 29m

97 – at Virginia Tech
9/12 – Hawaii
9/19 – Northern Illinois
9/26 – Western Michigan

Yeah, that is kinda pathetic. Not that Rutgers 2015 ooc schedule will be any better (to be fair our conference schedule is just ... stupidly tough).

09/05 - Norfolk State
09/12 - Washington State
09/26 - Kansas
11/21 - Army (at Bronx, NY)

It's still much better than our older ooc games under Schiano.

Top Bottom