• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My FB feed is A+++ right now. GT rolled through the Cuse. Meanwhile all my friends are bitching. Cock fans think they didn't show up, and that Spurier sucks at clock management. Meanwhile the Dawg fans are wondering if they'll even be able to field a team next game.

Hey my lone Tenn friend is happy. LoL

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My FB feed is A+++ right now. GT rolled through the Cuse. Meanwhile all my friends are bitching. Cock fans think they didn't show up, and that Spurier sucks at clock management. Meanwhile the Dawg fans are wondering if they'll even be able to field a team next game.

Hey my lone Tenn friend is happy. LoL

Grambling has the exact same logo so it should be legal to transfer their players directly over right?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Man, shit like that should not count as an INT against the QB.
Grambling has the exact same logo so it should be legal to transfer their players directly over right?
Why not Green Bay?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I love how Mizzo and A&M come in from what was perceived as a much weaker conference....and in their first two years, Mizzo wins the East and A&M beats Bama once and is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

Kind of makes you think how "superior" these SEC teams really are when it comes to the rest of the country. Actually blowing up that falsehood in my view.

Not to be a SECSECSEC homer, but you're kind of exaggerating. Mizzou hasn't won anything yet and is only two games into the meat of their schedule (they have a good shot, but it's not over yet) and A&M was the fourth best team in the SEC at best last year. And even if they are third best this year, who really cares, the SEC as a whole is not very good this year.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
In the last four years, they have all resided in the state of Alabama. So what about the rest of the SEC? Oh that's right, lol

Well I couldn't find the last four years but here's the last six years (Edit: not counting last year Edit: when we went 6-3 in bowls and won the national championship):
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...been-during-the-string-of-six-straight-titles

9-3 record in BCS games since 2006. Those nine wins equal the win total of the next two winningest conferences combined during that same time span (Pac-12 and Big Ten)

The SEC has posted a record of 243-45 vs. non-conference opponents since 2006. The anti-SEC crowd will undoubtedly assume that the record is by virtue of scheduling cupcakes, but that's not entirely true.

Of those 243 wins, 38 have come against non-conference foes that were ranked in the Top 25 at the time of the game. Georgia and LSU have each topped ranked out-of-conference opponents seven times since 2006, while Alabama has won six.

That's one of our teams beating a ranked non-conference team ~every 2 weeks.

During the same time span, the SEC has sent more players to the NFL through the NFL draft than any other conference.

The conference had 42 players drafted in 2012, which led all college football conferences for the sixth straight year. The Big Ten finished second last season with 41, followed by the ACC with 31.

It's just a fact that the SEC has been good. Any sensible person will admit that they seem to have started a decline in the past 2-3 years, and that Alabama and the West have been more dominant over that period of time. But any sensible person will also admit that the SEC has been damn good. Hating on the SEC just to hate on the SEC every time that an SEC team loses unexpectedly is Busch-league and ignorant of the facts.

Blah, that sucks. Looked good early in the 3rd, then O-line remembered who they were and defense had no answer for the passing game. Congrats TTech folks.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Has everyone already talked about how stupid the pollsters look by now?

2-loss SEC teams did not deserve to be ranked like that. Too bad they had to be shown up by other SEC teams. The AP will probably just vote them all in, just to be safe...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Has everyone already talked about how stupid the pollsters look by now?

2-loss SEC teams did not deserve to be ranked like that. Too bad they had to be shown up by other SEC teams. The AP will probably just vote them all in, just to be safe...

The rankings always look stupid until the end of the season. Get rid of of them for the first few weeks and maybe they'll actually be useful for more than marketing.

Top Bottom