• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
UM looking fairly not-terrible this week.
Indiana has the 101st scoring defense in the nation.

Never forget:

1013_SPT_JP-PSU-12-L.jpg

jjasper

lol @ SEC.

First A&M comes in and "finds out" about SEC football, and now Mizzou "finding out" too.

Just ... lol.

I am not really sure who thought Mizzou was gonna find out about the SEC. The east has been hot garbage outside of Georgia and FL last year for about 5 years now.

Pimpwerx

Past success and favorable bowl match ups still does not justify the perennial overrating of SEC teams on a consistent basis this year. It has to end sometime and turning your head to the fact the SEC is a middle of the pack conference NOW because of their past success is just as bad as discrediting everything the conference has been able to accomplish in recent memory.
All sec fans will tell you the conference has been weak the last few years. We're not the ones voting, duh. Blame the pollsters. It's also not a coincidence that the fall of the conference coincided with UF and LSUs declines. Before that, we were head and shoulders better than all conferences. Take your sour grapes and shove 'em. I doubt u were saying this when the sec was stomping a mudhole in everyone they faced in the bcs. Hell, Bama still probably shames whoever they meet in the title game, so it will all shake out at the end. Talking shit during a down period that no sec fan will deny is just stupid. PEACE.

It's Indiana.

I had visions of them losing this game and that would have pummeled me back into Rich Rod feels. This at least keeps that at bay for another week (assuming they hold on!).

Their offense is clearly improved but their defense still sucks balls so we're able to actually run the ball some. When Devin doesn't have to do absolutely everything by himself he's pretty good.

But at this point I think this team needs confidence more than anything so I'll take it.

Ranked 13th in total defense and 9th against the run. Defense is serviceable if not good. "Sucks balls" seems a little extreme.

Branduil

I can't watch any more of this garbage show. This team has no heart, no guts, and no brain, and it starts from the top.

UCLA football: yep it's still the same old crap from Slug Guerrero

I'm not even talking shit, I am just saying whatever else seems to agree with. Why is everyone jumping down my throat? We all know the SEC is taking a huge tumble in terms of quality and the media is turning a blind eye to it. Why can't I talk about it?

Karl2177

All sec fans will tell you the conference has been weak the last few years. We're not the ones voting, duh. Blame the pollsters. It's also not a coincidence that the fall of the conference coincided with UF and LSUs declines. Before that, we were head and shoulders better than all conferences. Take your sour grapes and shove 'em. I doubt u were saying this when the sec was stomping a mudhole in everyone they faced in the bcs. Hell, Bama still probably shames whoever they meet in the title game, so it will all shake out at the end. Talking shit during a down period that no sec fan will deny is just stupid. PEACE.
So are you an angry Florida or LSU fan?

The only time I get legitimately annoyed with SEC types is when the perennial dregs of the conference act like they're hot shit just for being in the conference. That's irritating.

But I'm fine with the SEC folks who talk shit whose teams have earned them the right to talk shit.

The only time I get legitimately annoyed with SEC types is when the perennial dregs of the conference act like they're hot shit just for being in the conference. That's irritating.

But I'm fine with the SEC folks who talk shit whose teams have earned them the right to talk shit.

This.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

No fan has ever earned the right to talk shit. They are fans. They don't do shit.

Everybody has the right to talk shit. To think otherwise based on what team someone decided to like is hilariously silly.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
No fan has ever earned the right to talk shit. They are fans. They don't do shit.

Everybody has the right to talk shit. To think otherwise based on what team someone decided to like is hilariously silly.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Paches

Ben Gardner writhing around in pain as soon as the opposing team's offense starts to get rolling.

WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THAT BEFORE

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
C'mon. That's not how sports fandom works.

Yes it is. So because I am a Jaguar fan I can't laugh at Sanchez when he butt fumbles? Or talk shit to someone who is a Texans fan because they are terrible? All it should do is open me up to them talking about how horrible the Jaguars are right now.

Just because Florida sucks this year doesn't mean pxleyes or JHall can't laugh at us if we get mopped tonight by Clemson.

Fans are fans, we can talk shit because it is fun, it is what makes rivalries rivalries. No fan earns shit. All fans have a right to talk shit.

Eventually how long ago those accomplishments were made starts to be a factor. Take Florida for example, went 7-6 a few years ago, lost to Louisville last year in the BCS and is falling out of the Top 25 with their fourth loss this year.

There is a time stamp on how long you can continue to use the success of the past, for teams like Florida that shit is running out fast. They haven't won anything worthwhile since Urban left.

Tamanon

Banned
Eventually how long ago those accomplishments were made starts to be a factor. Take Florida for example, went 7-6 a few years ago, lost to Louisville last year in the BCS and is falling out of the Top 25 with their fourth loss this year.

There is a time stamp on how long you can continue to use the success of the past, for teams like Florida that shit is running out fast. They haven't won anything worthwhile since Urban left.

Third

Cousteau

Ohio State gives up 60 against Oregon I would think, they're gonna give up 30+ to Iowa. IOWA.

This team better not get anywhere near the title game.

Pimpwerx

I'm not even talking shit, I am just saying whatever else seems to agree with. Why is everyone jumping down my throat? We all know the SEC is taking a huge tumble in terms of quality and the media is turning a blind eye to it. Why can't I talk about it?
Sounded like you were on some "I told you so" nonsense. If not, then my bad. SEC fans have been noting the quality drop for years bc we've seen our teams playing this shit schedule for a few years now. Gators dropping off alone has shot a hole in the east. It happens. The polls always lag reality because voters don't watch games. Hence, why Notre Dame gets ranked every year. PEACE.

Ohio State gives up 60 against Oregon I would think, they're gonna give up 30+ to Iowa. IOWA.

We play up or down (usually down) to our competition.

Yeah, we'd give up a shitload to Oregon, but I think it would still end up being a close game. That's just how this infuriating team rolls.

Sounded like you were on some "I told you so" nonsense. If not, then my bad. SEC fans have been noting the quality drop for years bc we've seen our teams playing this shit schedule for a few years now. Gators dropping off alone has shot a hole in the east. It happens. The polls always lag reality because voters don't watch games. Hence, why Notre Dame gets ranked every year. PEACE.

Alright I can dig it. Hopefully we don't experience a 25 year lag in this case like we have with Notre Dame lol.

WOW hyde.

Top Bottom