• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
By far the most interesting week in the Big 12 so far this season.

Tech-OU and Texas-TCU are fairly pivotal games, and I'm not confident at all in our ability to play well on the road yet, so ISU scares me... a little.

Also wondering if Baylor will be able to remotely replicate what they do at home on the road... even if it is against Kansas.

I think I've already mentioned it once but it's crazy to think that there has only been a single game between any of the teams currently in the top 5 of the Big XII (UT, OU, OSU, BU, and TTU). Baylor's only had one game thus far, also in Kansas against KSU, and they struggled a bit. Baylor has scored 69, 70, 70, 73, 71, 35, and 71 points in their games this season, and that lone sub-69 points game was on the road at KSU. Weather is going to be about 15-20 degrees lower than they're used to, and it's a night game, so that could add some intrigue, but at the end of the day it's Kansas. They play hard IMO but they just don't have the horses. I said before the season that I think KU will surprise somebody this season (play hard + so much new JUCO talent) but they're running out of opportunities to make me right.

Apparently Casey Pachall will be back for TCU against Texas tomorrow.

Makes that game much more interesting, IMO.

Adds some interest, yes, but Pachall didn't look all that good before he got hurt. I don't think he'll make too much of a difference. Better passing ability than Boykin is a plus but rust from all the time off last season + missed practice this season at a bare minimum will equalize that IMO.

andycapps

*yawn*

Every year. And still, he remains.

That's what you think. Just wait until we fire Richt and get Saban as our head coach, Jon Gruden as our offensive coordinator, Kirby Smart as our defensive coordinator, and Mike Leach as our special teams coach. Pay me $9.95 to find out more.

KingGondo

Banned
Adds some interest, yes, but Pachall didn't look all that good before he got hurt. I don't think he'll make too much of a difference. Better passing ability than Boykin is a plus but rust from all the time off last season + missed practice this season at a bare minimum will equalize that IMO.
It's possible. It's also hard to overstate how bad Boykin has been this season.

Any kind of positive change at QB could really improve their chances.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That's what you think. Just wait until we fire Richt and get Saban as our head coach, Jon Gruden as our offensive coordinator, Kirby Smart as our defensive coordinator, and Mike Leach as our special teams coach. Pay me $9.95 to find out more.
That just doesn't make any sense.

andycapps

That just doesn't make any sense.

I hear they don't really care what Mike Leach coaches, they just want him there. I hear Mike Leach doesn't care where he's coaching, so long as they have a fully stocked liquor cabinet in his office.

mre

I hear they don't really care what Mike Leach coaches, they just want him there. I hear Mike Leach doesn't care where he's coaching, so long as they have a fully stocked liquor cabinet in his office.

I think Coach Leach would prefer a fully stocked cabinet of kodiak to the liquor.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
crap,

forgot my picks for last week. blargh.

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 10
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 3
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 2
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 10
Michigan State @ Illinois by 4
Utah @ USC by 14
UCLA @ Oregon by 7
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 10
Penn State @ Ohio State by 21
Stanford @ Oregon State by 14

razielim

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 4
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 17
Houston @ Rutgers by 6
Northwestern @ Iowa by 8
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 8
UCLA @ Oregon by 18
Texas @ TCU by 8
Penn State @ Ohio State by 10
Stanford @ Oregon State by 13

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
When Saban wants something done, it will be done

Alabama suspends 20 of 36 block seating sections in Bryant-Denny Stadium for Tennessee game

13629856-large.jpg

Block seating emptied out early in the second half of the Alabama vs. Georgia State game. (Ben Flanagan/al.com)

n the Student Organization Seating handbook, updated in July 2013, "excessive tardiness or early departure from the stadium" is listed as "unacceptable behavior."

According to the handbook, an organization's first offense would result in the loss of block seating for the next conference game and the second offense would result in the loss of seating for all remaining games.

Good. Entitled little shits.

Draconian

Boise State @ BYU by 3
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 10
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 3
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 3
Utah @ USC by 3
UCLA @ Oregon by 10
South Carolina @ Missouri by 7
Texas @ TCU by 3
Stanford @ Oregon State by 6

MrJames

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 8
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 11
Houston @ Rutgers by 8
Northwestern @ Iowa by 6
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State @ Illinois by 13
Utah @ USC by 11
UCLA @ Oregon by 20
Texas @ TCU by 6
Penn State @ Ohio State by 11
Stanford @ Oregon State by 8

Subitai

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 4
soon...and finished

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 13
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 10
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 8
Michigan State @ Illinois by 4
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 7
Texas @ TCU by 7
Stanford @ Oregon State by 13

pxleyes

Banned
(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 7
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 4
Houston @ Rutgers by 14
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 20
Texas @ TCU by 4
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 6
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 8
Houston @ Rutgers by 10
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 13
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 21
Texas @ TCU by 6
Stanford @ Oregon State by 11

The fanatic had a good weekend both in Vegas and pickems last week. D Brine Yes! Yes! Yes!

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State by 5
Nebraska by 9
Houston by 10
Iowa by 5
Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State by 7
USC by 3
UCLA by 7
South Carolina by 5
TCU by 10
Ohio State by 14
Stanford by 17

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Byu by 7.

Pachall is cleared according to media reports, not starting. Not sure how much time he'll see

Same as I've been hearing. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play much at all, personally, though you would probably know better than me.

mre

It's Georgia State. Who gives a shit?

EDIT: Actually, it sounds like a fucking con to sell tickets twice. What a buncha horse shit.
Huh? They still have their tickets, they just no longer have huge blocks of seating reserved specifically for their members.

AntoneM

The pressure of choosing an off season OT thread title is already getting to me and I'm only tied for first in the pick-em.

PS: I'm tied for first

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by X

game is already started and Boise is down by 7. For the Record I'll say they win by 10.

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 7
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 7
Utah @ USC by 10
UCLA @ Oregon by 21
Texas @ TCU by 7
Stanford @ Oregon State by 10

mre

The pressure of choosing an off season OT thread title is already getting to me and I'm only tied for first in the pick-em.

PS: I'm tied for first

That's for the bowl pick 'em.

I don't think you get shit for winning the regular season, just like regular football.

Westonian

Really hurts to lose Sorenson. Or secondary is already paper thin. Glad he's okay, but he got knocked out cold. He's done for the game.

Top Bottom