• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

I like how the SEC hides its embarrassing games on Thursday to prevent people from thinking it has bad teams in it.

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 4
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 10
Houston @ Rutgers by 10
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 18
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 14
Stanford @ Oregon State by 10

ag-my001

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 7
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 6
Houston @ Rutgers by 6
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State @ Illinois by 4
Utah @ USC by 10
UCLA @ Oregon by 17
South Carolina @ Missouri by 14
Texas @ TCU by 8
Penn State @ Ohio State by 10

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Boise State @ BYU by 9
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 12
Houston @ Rutgers by 10
Northwestern @ Iowa by 5
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 8
Michigan State @ Illinois by 8
Utah @ USC by 6
UCLA @ Oregon by 24
South Carolina @ Missouri by 7
Texas @ TCU by 4
Penn State @ Ohio State by 15
Stanford @ Oregon State by 7

Had to throw one ballsy pick in there after all the recent upsets. I think OSUw has a pretty good shot at it if their oline has a good game.

andycapps

Boise State @ BYU by 9
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 12
Houston @ Rutgers by 10
Northwestern @ Iowa by 5
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 8
Utah @ USC by 6
UCLA @ Oregon by 24
Texas @ TCU by 4
Penn State @ Ohio State by 15

Had to throw one ballsy pick in there after all the recent upsets. I think OSUw has a pretty good shot at it if their oline has a good game.

The Texas Tech pick is also a risk. But I did the same thing. Though I did not pick Oregon State, that one is tempting.

jjasper

It's Mississippi State, they've always done that and people only notice in their rare home appearances on a nationally televised game.

I know that. It is that the SEC just ignores the rules that were put in place to stop crowd noise makers. They made a concession with State that allowed them in between plays but they are required to stop when the team breaks the huddle. They ring them all the time and the SEC ignores it. Like that last drive when Kentucky was looking like it might score they were ringing nonstop.

Quake1028

From Grantland:

Mississippi State held on late to beat Kentucky, 28-22, earning the Bulldogs their first SEC win of the season. "Now that we got a taste of winning, I just want more," yelled a pumped Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen, before asking, "Who we got next week? Bring ’em on!" When told that up next was a game on the road against Steve Spurrier's South Carolina, Mullen yelled, "Um, what about after the week after that? Let's go! Bulldog momentum!" When told the following game was at Texas A&M to face Johnny Manziel and the Aggies, Mullen said, "Next, after that, who is next after that? When are we gonna use this momentum? Let's go!" When told he wouldn't like the answer, Mullen asked, "What? It's not Bama, is it? Is it?" When met with an awkward pause, Mullen dropped his head and said, "Shit. Fine, what about after Bama?" When told that on November 23 his team would face Arkansas, Mullen fist-pumped and let out a roar before yelling, "Boom! Let's take this momentum right into our game four weeks from now and show those Hogs what Bulldogs football is all about!"

andycapps

I know that. It is that the SEC just ignores the rules that were put in place to stop crowd noise makers. They made a concession with State that allowed them in between plays but they are required to stop when the team breaks the huddle. They ring them all the time and the SEC ignores it. Like that last drive when Kentucky was looking like it might score they were ringing nonstop.

I'm not disagreeing with you.. The SEC should do something, but Mississippi State has been doing it for years. Until every coach makes it a big deal with their AD's, it's probably not going to change. The fact is, it doesn't really matter most of the time how much noise there is, most teams in the SEC can still beat them.

Jay Sosa

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 1
Houston @ Rutgers by 3
Northwestern @ Iowa by 9
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 12
Michigan State @ Illinois by 3
Utah @ USC by 1
UCLA @ Oregon by 3
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 9
Stanford @ Oregon State by 2

Garryk

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 6
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 11
Houston @ Rutgers by 9
Northwestern @ Iowa by 11
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State @ Illinois by 4
Utah @ USC by 6
UCLA @ Oregon by 18
South Carolina @ Missouri by 9
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 11

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games
WHY?

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 9
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 7
Houston @ Rutgers by 5
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 7
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 14
South Carolina @ Missouri by 10
Texas @ TCU by 5
Penn State @ Ohio State by 7

jjasper

My story on the Lincoln block. I was at LSU and they were playing someone. They had the game on the jumbotron before the kickoff to which they turned it off right after the fumble to show a bunch of god awful LSU commercials so I ran down to the concourse and watched with a bunch of LSU fans. I am going crazy running back and forth to update my dad who is watching Josh warm up and some dude asks why I running back and forth acting crazy cause he sees I have on one of Josh's uniforms and is confused. I tell him I went to UT we watch what happens and after the game says "Tank god jasper came here" he pulls out a 5th of unopened jim bean hands it to me says you are gonna need this and walks off. I go back to the stands and it drink the bottle straight with my dad completely finishing it by the time the game starts. I don't remember anything about that LSU game (I just had to look up they played Auburn and won 31-10)

Jhriad

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 17
Houston @ Rutgers by 6
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 11
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 27
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 11
Stanford @ Oregon State by 11

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The same as Day Two?

EDIT: Ah, slight difference. Kiffin was better.

Actually, I had something different, must have screwed up the quote in a quote in a quote system. Or I put in the wrong one.

Good thing I don't create topics, I'd screw up the links.

But I would use Yahoo.

xeris

Almost forgot to get this in.

Boise State @ BYU by 7
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 10
Houston @ Rutgers by 14
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 14
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 15
Texas @ TCU by 10
Stanford @ Oregon State by 11

Actually, I had something different, must have screwed up the quote in a quote in a quote system. Or I put in the wrong one.

Good thing I don't create topics, I'd screw up the links.

But I would use Yahoo.

You win some, you lose some.

Anyway, to appease you guys I'm looking at making a .gif of a wobbly exclamation point to slide down onto the OP of every week's thread.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 7
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 14
Houston @ Rutgers by 10
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 27
Texas @ TCU by 4
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

...and now begins the part of the season where I feel a lot less confident in my picks for Tech to win games. Going to be an interesting latter half of the season in the Big XII. Any of 5 different teams can still very realistically win the conference.

I didn't literally flip a coin on the Texas/TCU game but I mentally flipped a coin. First team to make the other team have to move away from the run wins IMO.

KingGondo

Banned
...and now begins the part of the season where I feel a lot less confident in my picks for Tech to win games. Going to be an interesting latter half of the season in the Big XII. Any of 5 different teams can still very realistically win the conference.

I didn't literally flip a coin on the Texas/TCU game but I mentally flipped a coin. First team to make the other team have to move away from the run wins IMO.
By far the most interesting week in the Big 12 so far this season.

Tech-OU and Texas-TCU are fairly pivotal games, and I'm not confident at all in our ability to play well on the road yet, so ISU scares me... a little.

Also wondering if Baylor will be able to remotely replicate what they do at home on the road... even if it is against Kansas.

Bishman

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 9
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 8
Houston @ Rutgers by 14
Northwestern @ Iowa by 5
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 10
Utah @ USC by 5
UCLA @ Oregon by 34
South Carolina @ Missouri by 5
Texas @ TCU by 6
Penn State @ Ohio State by 17