• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

That's for the bowl pick 'em.

I don't think you get shit for winning the regular season, just like regular football.

Well now that ttk is in charge of both thread creation and the pick em, he has the option to defer the bowl season topic title to the regular season pick em winner.

Jeff-DSA

Robbed a TD, but oh well.

The BYU O-line is so bad that if we try to slow it down to control the clock and the game we start sucking it up on offense. We're going to have to just start going top gear from start to finish like Oregon does.

BYU has accepted a bowl invitation to the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl on December 27th.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2013/10/25/5030430/cougars-invited-to-the-fight-hunger-bowl

Within just minutes of the game's end, a representative from the (Kraft?) Fight Hunger Bowl got on the loudspeaker to offer a spot to the BYU Cougars to play a Pac 12 team in the San Francisco Fight Hunger Bowl. This will be the 9th straight bowl game (conveniently following the 9 straight seasons that Bronco has coached the Cougars.

http://www.fighthungerbowl.org/

It seems a little early to be accepting bowl invitations

They mentioned during the game that they had already committed before the season (or at the beginning) or something and just had to get the requisite amount of wins to be eligible.

But if they win out and go 10-2, a BCS buster bowl invite isn't out of the question assuming Fresno and NIU drop one or two. I hope somewhere in the contract it mentions the agreement being void if offered a BCS invite ( or if they didn't win 6 games of course )

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 4
Houston @ Rutgers by 7
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 9
Michigan State @ Illinois by 7
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 21
South Carolina @ Missouri by 9
Texas @ TCU by 9
Penn State @ Ohio State by 11
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

This sprint football seems dumb ESPN is showing. Also stating that army and navy are both tied for first seems impressive at face value, but I just looked and theres only 8 teams in the entire league....

Crazy stat:

Thru 7 games in 2002: OSU D allowed 346 ypg - 278 passing/68 rushing.

Thru 7 games in 2013: OSU D allowed 331 ypg - 241 passing/92 rushing.

That 2002 defense was considered one of the best in the country and one of the best in OSU history.

Jhriad

Crazy stat:

Thru 7 games in 2002: OSU D allowed 346 ypg - 278 passing/68 rushing.

Thru 7 games in 2013: OSU D allowed 331 ypg - 241 passing/92 rushing.

That 2002 defense was considered one of the best in the country and one of the best in OSU history.

Too bad the 2013 defense doesn't really pass the eye test like the 2002 D did.

jjasper

1385341_580415025357746_2131477922_n.jpg

Pretty much sums up everyone's feelings.

Draxal

Nebraska by 7
Rutgers by 14
Iowa by 4
Oklahoma by 7
Sparty by 7
USC by 4
Oregon by 14
Missou by 4
Texas by 4
Clarett by 10
Stanford by 10

Schmitty

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 13
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 7
Houston @ Rutgers by 7
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7 going to want a win bad after past 2 weeks
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6 Monroeski posts
Michigan State @ Illinois by 6
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 16
South Carolina @ Missouri by 7
Texas @ TCU by 4 TCU has screwed me everytime I pick them + Cotton Bowl high still in the air
Penn State @ Ohio State by 4 Have to go homer no matter what
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

Changed my Utah v USC pick

yes i just heard about all USC's injuries

Decent adds. Hopefully UCF continues improving. This sport needs more interesting OOC games desperately.

I'm at the point where I want a 8 or 16 team playoff so that we (and other teams) can stop scheduling the cupcakes, except maybe to open the season.

So Mariota is now ESPN's new perfect golden boy? Gene Wojosdfsddski just gave him the Aaron Craft treatment on Gameday.

Oh, he's such a good kid. Oh, he's such a good student. Oh, he's so down to earth. Oh, he loves his family so much.

This shit is so annoying. Stop deifying athletes, you jackholes.

Karl2177

*high five*

I have a bad feeling I might need it this morning. Still have no confidence about playing @ ISU.

This must be the game of no confidence then. I'm betting Messingham just wants to run the ball up the middle and have the WRs go deep while our OL crumbles on Richardson and Rohach.

Nebraska @ Minnesota by 14
Houston @ Rutgers by 7
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State @ Illinois by 3
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 13
South Carolina @ Missouri by 7
Texas @ TCU by 7
Penn State @ Ohio State by 4
Stanford @ Oregon State by 3

Had to get em in before the games started :p

I like SMU okay. They're "cool" if nothing else and is a way better game than CMU or Akron or the like. UCF is a program on the rise (lol, seriously) so it might wind up a good game. Air Force I could take or leave.

They might end up being good games, but they aren't terribly exciting. I know Michigan doesn't have to schedule big names to fill up the stadium, but it'd be nice if they would anyway.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They might end up being good games, but they aren't terribly exciting. I know Michigan doesn't have to schedule big names to fill up the stadium, but it'd be nice if they would anyway.

It isn't that easy. Big name teams have to want to play you. OOC scheduling is a mess right now.

Wake Forest putting together a hell of a first drive so far.

A couple of favorable spots and Wake Forest goes on a 9 minute opening drive for a td.

I hope Tyler Wiegers is the real deal because Gary Nova is absolutely disgusting to watch.

No pressure and he just chucks up lame ducks.

Top Bottom