• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

I didn't blame any of the plays you mention on Webb, so don't assume that I did.

I don't put all the blame on Webb for the loss either, but he was clearly throwing some pretty bad balls all night.

I don't know what the weather is like in Fort Worth but in Plano the entire sky is falling.

Well, if you take away the TOs, I can't see what merits your criticism of him having a "true frosh game."

33/53 for 385 yds. 7.3avg. and 2 TDs against the #2 ranked pass defense in the nation, with none of the INTs really being his fault...in the rain...in Norman, OK.

Dude was hanging in the pocket and slanging it under a lot of pressure, and delivering some big balls even when he knew he'd be blasted. I wouldn't say that's the hallmark of a "True frosh QB finally [having] a true frosh game" at all.

Was it his best game? No. He can play better. But it wasn't bad.

Speaking of which, I really want Tech to play one lights-out game of football this season. We haven't seen them play their best game yet this season. There's always been big mistakes, or one of the three teams having a bad game. I hope they can put one together before the end of the season, because I'd love to see what this thing is capable of when it's firing on all cylinders.

Oregon about to wrap this up. But hey,...Oregon actually has their starters out there in the 4th quarter

Oregon has at least another 14 points to put on the board...

The defense is playing very well, very impressed.

Took ORE 3 quarters to get in sync - they will have to get better than tat against Stanford.

Ambient80

If they win by 2TD+ against a top 15 team, they will definitely stay ahead in the human polls.

EDIT: They will get closer to FSU in the computer polls.

Yeah agreed. I think they could pass FSU, honestly. Then next week they both play Top 10 opponents (although I have my doubts that Miami deserves to be there). After that, only Oregon has a ranked opponent to face in #25 Oregon State, unless Florida somehow finds a way to sneak back in.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah agreed. I think they could pass FSU, honestly. Then next week they both play Top 10 opponents (although I have my doubts that Miami deserves to be there). After that, only Oregon has a ranked opponent to face in #25 Oregon State, unless Florida somehow finds a way to sneak back in.

Oregon State plays Stanford tonight, likely won't be ranked after this week.

Ambient80

Ohh, you're right! Forgot about that. So yeah neither of them will be playing a ranked team after next week unless it's in their respective conference title games. Assuming Oregon State loses, of course.

ORE ST will likely get ranked by the time they play ORE.

Either way, if ORE ST, it props up STAN. So, it's a win-win for ORE as they have to face both.

ORE ST is a good team so likely going to end up with 1 or max 2 losses before they face ORE.

Kevtones

Aside from that 33 yard run from Hundley, Oregon's run D has been super stout. Even with it, UCLA is averaging only 4.0 ypc.

UCLA has 50 yards passing too.

Liking it.

Ohh, you're right! Forgot about that. So yeah neither of them will be playing a ranked team after next week unless it's in their respective conference title games. Assuming Oregon State loses, of course.

Most experts agree that ORE would easily pass FSU would both teams win out.

Kevtones

He's been a stud today.

Punt coming.

ORE going for 40+ pts?

Guy's phenomenal. His injury last year was so depressing.

Think he's making himself some money this game. There's a bunch of scouts at the game and I'd argue he's played as well as anyone tonight.

Ambient80

Most experts agree that ORE would easily pass FSU would both teams win out.

While I don't doubt what you say, the BCS does some weird shit >_>

I'm a WVU fan so I have no horse in this race (or any race, apparently...) I would just like to see an Oregon v. Alabama NCG. I honestly think they're the two best teams, and it would be a disservice to not see them each get there.

While I don't doubt what you say, the BCS does some weird shit >_>

I'm a WVU fan so I have no horse in this race (or any race, apparently...) I would just like to see an Oregon v. Alabama NCG. I honestly think they're the two best teams, and it would be a disservice to not see them each get there.

Yep, I see. BCS has done some f'd up things in the past.

ORE definitely deserves its shot at Bama and this year could be the one - ORE finally has a rock-solid QB and has a much better defense than they used to. I truly believe ORE would provide a great opposition, and likely win against Bama as Bama has never really faced a team like ORE. A&M is a poor man's ORE and they nearly won against them.

george_us

Buckeyes laying down an ass beating cotdamn

Yep, I see. BCS has done some f'd up things in the past.

ORE definitely deserves its shot at Bama and this year could be the one - ORE finally has a rock-solid QB and has a much better defense than they used to. I truly believe ORE would provide a great opposition, and likely win against Bama as Bama has never really faced a team like ORE. A&M is a poor man's ORE and they nearly won against them.
Alabama would beat Oregon by 2TDs. Alabama's offensive and defense lines would maul Oregon on both sides of the ball.

Buckeyes laying down an ass beating cotdamn

Alabama would beat Oregon by 2TDs. Alabama's offensive and defense lines would maul Oregon on both sides of the ball.

Not so sure about that. Oregon has too many options on offense and if they are able to build a lead and force McCarron to win the game for Bama, this could turn ugly with the aggressive CBs.

Only question is the Bama running game.

ORE destroyed the Vols, as badly if not worse than Bama.

Top Bottom