• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
CFB needs to start the ball on like the 40 for overtimes.

It's too short of a field. It should be harder to score in overtime.

I kind of like the "we're giving you at least an automatic field goal unless you really screw up" system, considering how often teams end up actually screwing it up.

Agree that it does get annoying when a game like Arkansas/Auburn ends up with a reasonable score in regulation and then ends up with a video game score after a bunch of overtimes, though.

Alright. Auburn has almost been sufficiently punished for being ranked in the top 5. Almost.

And I want Tenn to win. They're one of the few SEC!SEC! teams I don't dislike. Mainly because they've been so shit for so long.

Mrbob

I've seen enough of Houston on the last drive to make him the starter. He throws a nice spiral with some power. Bench Stave for the rest of the season.

Alright. Auburn has almost been sufficiently punished for being ranked in the top 5. Almost.

And I want Tenn to win. They're one of the few SEC!SEC! teams I don't dislike. Mainly because they've been so shit for so long.

Me too and because I love hearing Mre's favorite song.

andycapps

Damn is anybody watching the Auburn Arkansas game? 4th OT, they just both got the 2pc in 3rd OT

I watched it. Like watching a girl fight.

Me too and because I love hearing Mre's favorite song.

Haha. Funny story on that song that I heard this week, one of the guys on the Waiting Since Last Saturday podcast married a girl from southwest Indiana and apparently it's some kind of tradition there to play Rocky Top at weddings. He's a UGA fan and got married up there, told the DJ he'd unplug his shit if he didn't stop playing it. DJ didn't understand why.

That's actually a really good football podcast with two UGA fans and Will Leitch (founder of Deadspin).

Silkworm

But there is the dreaded Volzheimers that accompanies wins by UT. Suddenly loses to UF, Oklahoma, and Arkansas are forgotten, and then the narrative by Vol Nation is that Vols will surely win out the rest of the season and next year they will win the SEC East and then SEC Championship game and be in the national championship playoff. Remember when UT gave up leads of 14 points several times only to lose early this year? Nah, that's in the past and can't possibly happen again. Butch on the hot seat due to his teams 2nd half collapses? Nah, that was earlier, doesn't matter, he's the best coach ever now. Cautious optimism? Screw that, Volzheimers says all systems go, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead... until they lose of course :-D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Three years into the Kingsbury regime and our best deep threat is apparently still the 5'6" guy.

I'm not down on him in general, and I know we have a short WR corps overall, but the frequency with which we call deep balls and end zone corner routes to the shortest guy on our team still amazes me.

But there is the dreaded Volzheimers that accompanies wins by UT. Suddenly loses to UF, Oklahoma, and Arkansas are forgotten, and then the narrative by Vol Nation is that Vols will surely win out the rest of the season and next year they will win the SEC East and then SEC Championship game and be in the national championship playoff. Remember when UT gave up leads of 14 points several times only to lose early this year? Nah, that's in the past and can't possibly happen again. Butch on the hot seat due to his teams 2nd half collapses? Nah, that was earlier, doesn't matter, he's the best coach ever now. Cautious optimism? Screw that, Volzheimers says all systems go, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead... until they lose of course :-D

My support for Tenn is entirely situational, although I can think of no time I wouldn't want them over any other SEC team.

cdyhybrid

married a girl from southwest Indiana and apparently it's some kind of tradition there to play Rocky Top at weddings

JPBPJWx.gif

Top Bottom