• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Random not CFB news but related, the woman that killed two people at the Okie state homecoming parade was drunk behind the wheel when she did it. One of the fatalities was a 3 year old girl.

Awful.

Silkworm

My support for Tenn is entirely situational, although I can think of no time I wouldn't want them over any other SEC team.

I'm glad UF disappointed you again this year (11 years and counting) ;-) Go Gatas! :)

edit: Oh and if UT beats Bama today that would be sweet, don't get me wrong :-D

I'm glad UF disappointed you again (11 years and counting) ;-) Go Gatas! :)

I'm softening on the Gators. However, I was an FSU fan until JimBob Dumbass took over, so it's a hard habit to break.

Can someone explain this to me, please:

A kick off is a free ball. When a player touches it in the end zone, and it ends up going out of bounds, why is that not a safety? They touched it, yet it still went out the back of the end zone. I've never understood that. Maybe I'm just stupid, but any other time, the ball going out the back of the end zone means safety. This has always bothered me.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
eoUAfgWh.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm softening on the Gators. However, I was an FSU fan until JimBob Dumbass took over, so it's a hard habit to break.

Can someone explain this to me, please:

A kick off is a free ball. When a player touches it in the end zone, and it ends up going out of bounds, why is that not a safety? They touched it, yet it still went out the back of the end zone. I've never understood that. Maybe I'm just stupid, but any other time, the ball going out the back of the end zone means safety. This has always bothered me.

It's a change of possession. You can go out of the back of the endzone for a touchback. Applies to fumbles, interceptions, punts and kicks.

It's a change of possession. You can go out of the back of the endzone for a touchback. Applies to fumbles, interceptions, punts and kicks.

I understand it going out the back for a touchback. I meant if the player touched the ball and then it goes out the back of the end zone on a kickoff. That doesn't matter?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I understand it going out the back for a touchback. I meant if the player touched the ball and then it goes out the back of the end zone on a kickoff. That doesn't matter?

Nope. The player would have to establish possession in the field of play, i.e. not in the endzone, and then fumble it to make that work. Possession of the ball is the key here.

Nope. The player would have to establish possession in the field of play, i.e. not in the endzone, and then fumble it to make that work. Possession of the ball is the key here.

Okay. Thank you. I've never gotten that. I just smiled and nodded. My bf made the mistake of asking me why, and he wouldn't accept my smile and nod. Asshole. :p

Thanks!

Three years into the Kingsbury regime and our best deep threat is apparently still the 5'6" guy.

I'm not down on him in general, and I know we have a short WR corps overall, but the frequency with which we call deep balls and end zone corner routes to the shortest guy on our team still amazes me.

He grew to 5'7" man. Dont short change his inches :p

Jarnet87

Miami fans and radio hosts down here kept asking for Al Golden to give UM its first big signature win. Instead what he gave today was his signature performance, his Magnus Opus.

Bravo AL, Bravo.

I will miss your stupid fucking orange tie, its been 5 years of smooth sailing for my Noles against this scrub.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
He grew to 5'7" man. Dont short change his inches :p

Don't trust what the roster lists.

Also, if any other Big XII fans are sick of seeing this tiny guy run around for a ton of yards all the time, get used to it; Turpin over at TCU is basically Jakeem Grant part 2. He's going to be the bane of a lot of conference foes over the next 3.5 seasons.

At this point I'm not even sure that he really hates Ohio St anymore. I think it's just grown to be his schtick.

The fact that Joey Galloway replaced Mark May was delicious. Just...I mean, they couldn't have picked anyone better. May made me agree with Holtz on shit. That burns. mane.

bachikarn

Miami fans and radio hosts down here kept asking for Al Golden to give UM its first big signature win. Instead what he gave today was his signature performance, his Magnus Opus.

Bravo AL, Bravo.

I will miss your stupid fucking orange tie, its been 5 years of smooth sailing for my Noles against this scrub.

Will they actually fire Golden? Think he has a large buy out, and Miami doesn't have a lot of money like other schools and their administration doesn't care for football.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've seen major improvements in play-calling and tackling this game. That bye week did us wonders.

Top Bottom