• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

Jhriad

Well, at least this quiets the people that were still talking about making it to the conference championship through some magical combination of wishing and prayer.

clav

Well, at least this quiets the people that were still talking about making it to the conference championship through some magical combination of wishing and prayer.

Tough loss.

What a weird game considering the time of possession.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Give us another victory over the Viles, Lord Saban.

Let the child born after the last Tennessee victory, not see another Tennessee win until after college graduation.

Gonzalez

Banned
CSGyAc4WEAASIlj.jpg

You should get no credit for beating Golden's Miami after FSU beats them. They always quit after losing to us.

Re-empahsizing this, last year the U completely fell apart after the game vs. FSU. They played today like they had lost all will to live, so it might be happening again this year.

edit: Regarding Al Golden and his job-it's a pretty shitty job as big time P5 coaching jobs go. You get EZ talent but have zero support from your school.

lush

Man, I think this is 3 consecutive CBS games for us. Not sure how much more verne and gary I can take this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, I think this is 3 consecutive CBS games for us. Not sure how much more verne and gary I can take this year.

Yeah, after about 30 CBS games, I've heard Verne and Gary say every word in the English language.

FyreWulff

If the only two home games left on the schedule weren't Iowa & MSU I'd be willing to lay money on the streak ending this year. Next year will be the end instead.

the sellout streak will end one year after it actually does - some booster will buy out the tickets and give them away if it looks in danger at first, but nobody has the money to keep that going forever

Thought so as well at first. I enjoyed hearing the crowd's commentary, though.

In a turn of good slash bad news, I got laid off from work. Now I can continue to watch Saturday football, and do God's work after the game.

Yay.

I'm sorry Adam.. You can also push that local candidate that you talked about.

Predict the total number of turnovers in all Pick 'Em games! NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TURNOVERS IN ALL PICK 'EM GAMES!
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 23

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers COVER

I think I deleted the early games.

I'm sorry Adam.. You can also push that local candidate that you talked about.

It's all good. I wanted to kill myself after every shift anyway. I actually started crying tears of joy when they let us go. The only thing that sucks is I spent a couple hundred dollars on a headset for the job. Not sure I can get that back.

FyreWulff

You don't think this guy does?

220px-Warren_Buffett_KU_Visit.jpg

Warren is stingy as fuck with his money. Dude still drives his original 56 chevy truck and lives in one of the poorer/cheaper parts of town

He only throws down money when he's going to get more back or some connections. while the sellout streak is cool, it doesn't really have a benefit to him

Jhriad

the sellout streak will end one year after it actually does - some booster will buy out the tickets and give them away if it looks in danger at first

Yeah, that already happened in the Cally years. I don't think the booster support is as strong as it was 10 years ago so even with boosters buying up lots I think it ends next year without some major improvement.

It's all good. I wanted to kill myself after every shift anyway. I actually started crying tears of joy when they let us go. The only thing that sucks is I spent a couple hundred dollars on a headset for the job. Not sure I can get that back.

You roleplay you are Tom Herman at McDonalds?

FyreWulff

No, that's exactly how he's seen inside the state. He's very frugal and, at least publicly, doesn't give a considerable amount to in state institutions and organizations.

He also doesn't live out in the ultrarich part of town, which he could easily do. He lives right next to a busy road on the poor side of 72nd

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Damn is anybody watching the Auburn Arkansas game? 4th OT, they just both got the 2pc in 3rd OT

Jhriad

I don't know that we actually have many Northwestern fans here but good game to you all. Your defense played great and if you can find an offense (really liked getting Jackson into space in the passing game) you guys will be pretty good. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Top Bottom