• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

If JT is starting, pick cover for this game.

JT has been in Urban Meyers doghouse all year so I don't expect him to start

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 24 apple turnovers

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) Cover
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) Cover
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) No Cover
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) Cover
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech No Cover
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) Cover
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) No Cover
Utah (-3.5) v. USC No Cover
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers NO COVER

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Turnovers - 21

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) - Cover
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) - No Cover
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) - No Cover
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) - No Cover
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) - Cover
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech - No Cover
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) - No Cover
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) - No Cover
Utah (-3.5) v. USC - Cover
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers - No Cover

Predict the total number of turnovers in all Pick 'Em games!
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 25

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) NO COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) NO COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers COVER

VRMN

Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) NO COVER

...oh my lord I want to take the points so hard in that MSU game. Indiana has a better chance at upsetting MSU than Michigan did and it took an act of a most merciful god to beat Michigan.

Why?

Indiana can throw the ball. Michigan can't. And MSU's weakness is its secondary featuring two true freshmen at safety. Take those points if not Indiana outright. Holy shit.

VRMN

Has Sparty covered a game they were favored at all this year? Were they dogs against Oregon?

No. Last week was the first time they beat the spread and, by your stipulation, it doesn't count because they weren't favored.

reKon

Banned
Oh man I'm scared for this week lol. Indiana is probably going to win. I'll accept the fuckery that we're about to see in that game

The Mora crew continues to get in trouble with the law

UCLA CB Ishmael Adams has been officially charged with battery for drunkenly assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his phone back in August.

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2015/10...shmael-adams-charged-with-battery-misdemeanor -> http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/19/ucla-...adams-charged-with-battery-over-uber-assault/

Will be arraigned in November.

UCLA has continued to allow him to play, we'll see if that trend continues.
I thought they dropped the case. Must of found new evidence. It's ok, defense already went to shit.

hmmmmm

Cardale Jones
‏@CJ12_
Times like this, you'll really find out who's in your corner

I love Cardale, but he's in no position to whine.

A year ago he seemed unlikely to ever get a shot at starting QB. Then, thanks to complete chance, he did, and he made the most of it.

And then this season started and he regressed. Considerably. So he's going to lose the job.

Everyone's in your corner, Cardale, save for a select group of psychos on Twitter and message boards. But everyone's in JT's corner, too. Whoever's playing the best should get the job, and that's clearly JT.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
While OSUn has a schedule they can't lose with and a roster mostly returned from a championship run, it has been fun watching them get bothered over their self-imposed QB situation.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
While OSUn has a schedule they can't lose with and a roster mostly returned from a championship run, it has been fun watching them get bothered over their self-imposed QB situation.

How is it self imposed?

It is less self imposed than most other two qb systems.

But fuck Ohio State. They are just the worst. They are too Urban to play James Bond for godssake.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How is it self imposed?

But fuck Ohio State. They are just the worst. They are too Urban to play James Bond for godssake.

None of us are forcing Cardele Jones on them. Don't think there's a law anywhere that states "Thou shall starteth The Shotgun, Now and Always"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
None of us are forcing Cardele Jones on them. Don't think there's a law anywhere that states "Thou shall starteth The Shotgun, Now and Always"

Cardale Jones was forced on them when their first and second string qbs suffered season ending injuries. The controversy his year was inevitable, no matter who they started at the beginning.

But again, I hate them all.

andycapps

How is it self imposed?

Self imposed when anyone with eyes can see that JT is the better QB. Had this discussion with some co-workers today. If the coaches can't see that in film study then they need to get their eyes checked. JT should be starting, period. If Cardale wants to throw a fit and transfer, that's whatever, but you need to put your team in the best position to win. JT gives you that.

Granted, they don't need the best QB to win most of the games on their schedule, but they will when playoff time (get your ice cold Dr Pepper here!) comes around.

ITS HAPPENING!!!

J.T Announced as Starter..

fat-kid-celebrates.gif

Cardale's tweet does come across as bitter, but if he's a team player then he should understand this move is better for the team and its not about him. Its tOhio State football, not Cardale Jones football

Cardale's tweet does come across as bitter, but if he's a team player then he should understand this move is better for the team and its not about him. Its tOhio State football, not Cardale Jones football

Cardale is very fragile, and its frustrating. I think half the reason he was the starter (and still was) is Urban didnt want to lose him. Cardale had his chance, with the current corp of WR his skill set is pretty much useless. Im excited to see what JT can do.

Limedust

Nick Saban said:
To me the focus needs to be how do you stay focused...

Alabama LB Reggie Ragland on QB Jake Coker's physical running style: "We love it ... We call him 'Baby Roethlisberger.'"

Jake Coker said Alabama teammates have also called him "Vanilla Vick" and "Cam Cracker"

:jnc

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Adam Griffith @adamgriffith99
Keep your head up, trust me. It's just game!! @blakewoneill
6:42 PM - 18 Oct 2015

Top Bottom