• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Eight Thread: UM 23 | MSU 21 | 00:00

B1GFacilitiesComp.jpg

Independent study rates b1g and ND facilities

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Dabo is good people. This might be helpful: http://www.clemson.edu/hehd/departments/education/centers/culife/about-clemson-life/

The ClemsonLIFE Program offers a 2-year Basic Program that incorporates functional academics, independent living, employment, social/leisure skills, and health/wellness skills in a public university setting with the goal of producing self-sufficient young adults. Additionally, the ClemsonLIFE Program offers a 2-year Advanced Program for students that have demonstrated the ability to safely live independently, sustain employment, and socially integrate during the Basic Program. The Advanced Program progresses with an emphasis on workplace experience, community integration, and independent living with transitionally reduced supports. Students who successfully complete the Basic or Advanced program will receive a corresponding certificate of postsecondary education.
B1GFacilitiesComp.jpg

What do the half-circles mean?

Any gaffers apply/tryout for the Gata kicking duties? I think I can still kick a 30 yrd

Every campus seems to have at least one guy with kicking talent. I seem to recall about 5 years ago Texas Tech had a kicker they recruited from an open tryout and he never missed a PAT in 3 years. Meanwhile Texas has a kicker on scholarship who has missed 3 PAT's including one that would have sent a game into OT if he had just connected. smh

Draxal

haha look at how shit Rutgers' scores are in that :p

I mean, we were getting a 1.7 million payout compared to 20 and up million payout from the others schools in the conference, we'd never be tOSU tier, but once the money comes in we'd like to be Indiana tier.

And the football facilities are much nicer than our other facilities, our baseball facilities are horrific.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Every campus seems to have at least one guy with kicking talent. I seem to recall about 5 years ago Texas Tech had a kicker they recruited from an open tryout and he never missed a PAT in 3 years. Meanwhile Texas has a kicker on scholarship who has missed 3 PAT's including one that would have sent a game into OT if he had just connected. smh

We didn't actually recruit him from an open tryout; he was one of those randoms that comes out at halftime to try to kick a field goal for a prize. He dominated the attempt, and we were having kicker troubles at the time, so Leach grabbed him before he got back to his seat and asked him to join the team.

He actually won a year of free rent for making the kick that he later had to give up because once he joined the team it was an impermissible benefit.

andycapps

I mean, we were getting a 1.7 million payout compared to 20 and up million payout from the others schools in the conference, we'd never be tOSU tier, but once the money comes in we'd like to be Indiana tier.

And the football facilities are much nicer than our other facilities, our baseball facilities are horrific.

Rutgers recruiting pitch "If you think our football facilities are bad, you should see our baseball ones!'

cdyhybrid

What's the best way to change a pick? Just edit the original post? Mention it in a separate post? I'm going with tOSU to cover now.

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 23

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) Cover
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) Cover
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) Cover
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) No Cover
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech Cover
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) Cover
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) No Cover
Utah (-3.5) v. USC Cover
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers Cover

Ugh, crummy week for me re: the pick'em.
This week looks pretty tough.

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 19 turnovers

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) - NO COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) - NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) - NO COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) - NO COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) - NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech - NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) - COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) - NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC - COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers - COVER

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
BONUS
(Total # of Turnovers) - 35

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5) COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) NO COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) NO COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC NO COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers COVER

cashman

Banned
BONUS
(Total # of Turnovers) - 26

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5) NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nebraska's facilities being well-regarded seems to be grounded in reality. I guess all that history being at the top of college football did something good, even if our glory years are largely dating back two decades.

Dsyndrome

ND's got construction all up in that shit.

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 17

Saturday
ISU v. Baylor (-31.5): COVER
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5): NO COVER
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5): COVER
Virginia v. UNC (-16.5): COVER
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5): NO COVER
FSU (-10.5) v. GaTech: COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5): NO COVER
TAMU v. Mississippi (-6.5): COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC: COVER
OSU (-20.5) v. Rutgers: COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Predict the total number of turnovers in all Pick 'Em games!
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 35

Saturday
Kansas v. Oklahoma State (-31.5) NO COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

YET MORE PROOF THAT KYLE FLOOD IS GOD.

Name another coach who has gone 26-19 at a Power 5 school, won a conference championship, while dealing with a hostile media, and a stunning lack of resources.

You can't. This is why you're wrong about Kyle Flood, Draxal.

KYLE FLOOD DON'T STOP, CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP! JUST LOOK AT HOW HE SPLICED, SLICED, AND DICED INDIANA! WHAT A HERO! WHAT A COACHING... GAWD!

Predict the total number of turnovers in all Pick 'Em games! NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TURNOVERS IN ALL PICK 'EM GAMES!
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 35

Saturday
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

Karl2177

Predict the total number of turnovers in all Pick 'Em games! NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TURNOVERS IN ALL PICK 'EM GAMES!
BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 33

Saturday
Texas Tech v. Oklahoma (-13.5) COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

It hurts as an ISU fan that I'm picking cover on our game. Baylor is just looking too good at this point, and it wouldn't surprise me if SBR threw at least 3 picks. Last time we went to Waco, we didn't score until the last minute against their 3rd string.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It hurts as an ISU fan that I'm picking cover on our game. Baylor is just looking too good at this point, and it wouldn't surprise me if SBR threw at least 3 picks. Last time we went to Waco, we didn't score until the last minute against their 3rd string.

Is Rhoads finally done after this season? I know he's a popular guy but with the results you're getting right now given the experience you guys have and the fact that he's been there long enough for the entire roster to be his own recruits he is clearly just not getting it done.

BONUS (Total # of Turnovers) - 40

Saturday
Indiana v. MSU (-14.5) COVER
WKU v. LSU (-20.5) NO COVER
Utah (-3.5) v. USC COVER

I like Oklahoma in that game but Mahomes is real deal and TT will keep it closer than two TDs. WKU is going to give Fournette St. their money worth and the nerds are going to play the hardest chopblockiest football they can in a last ditch effort to salvage their rambling wreck of a season.

USC vs. Utah spread is a joke.

Is Rhoads finally done after this season? I know he's a popular guy but with the results you're getting right now given the experience you guys have and the fact that he's been there long enough for the entire roster to be his own recruits he is clearly just not getting it done.

I think the Hawkeye's success this season is going to put serious pressure on the administration to do something about Rhoads, but his buyout is still absurd-$750,000 per year remaining and he's signed on through 2021. Can they afford to both fire him and pay the buyout that a good G5 head coach has on their contract? They would have to be looking at P5 coordinators to replace him and that's how they got into their Rhoads problem in the first place.

Karl2177

I'm in the camp that hopes he's done, but the only expectations for him this year were to beat Kansas and an FCS team, which was Northern Iowa this year. It also doesn't help that we gave him a 10-year extension in 2011 after beating Oklahoma State, so a buyout in 2015 isn't likely. Even if we were to can him, who would we get? Mangino is already there, so that would be the most likely pick, but 2007 Kansas seems like more of a fluke than anything else.

Hey friends,

Don't forget to get your picks in for the Yahoo Pick 'Em. Randolph is still whooping everyone's asses, but Gig 'em who I assume is some dumb Aggie is in second place. Do you really want to lose to an Aggie?

Lock of the Week: BYU over Bumblefuck Huckleberry U

No offense intended to proud alums of Wagner. Offense intended for proud alums of Texas A&M

Draxal

So if Sparty, Michigan, and Ohio State end up with one conf loss each, the big ten coaches will vote on who the big ten east div champion is.

Bowlsby VINDICATED.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So if Sparty, Michigan, and Ohio State end up with one conf loss each, the big ten coaches will vote on who the big ten east div champion is.

Bowlsby VINDICATED.
So Sparty has no shot at winning the division in that scenario. Like zero.

Draxal

?

Podcast I was listening to said it would be decided by CFP ranking.

Mike and Mike said that, but they were probably be wrong. If it were to be CFP ranking it would go to MSU then.

Michigan State could only lose to Ohio State, and Ohio state would have to lose to Michigan for this to work.

Since the Ohio State loss would be more recent, and Michigan has 2 losses, it would go to Sparty.

Draxal

Is that seriously how tiebreakers are resolved in the B1G?

Found the article everybody was talking about.

http://btn.com/2015/10/20/dienhart-we-may-have-to-wait-on-big-ten-title-game-matchup-this-year/

The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, reading the pickem correctly, there is no game tonight involved. Will try to get my picks in between now and Saturday.

Top Bottom