• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact about this trophy they keep showing in our game that we're supposedly playing for - it didn't exist before this year, and you won't find any stories about it except on Baylor media. It's the "Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Trophy," Texas Farm Bureau Insurance being a company that is headquartered in Waco.

It is 100% a trophy that was just made up by Baylor this year, "coincidentally" for a game where they're favored by almost 20 points to take the all time series lead. Note how all the camera angles are from the "BU" side of the ball on top; presumably there's a TTU on the other side, but there aren't any pictures of that side so nobody knows.

Baylor and Briles get more and more like a WWE villain with every passing day.

I do not understand what is wrong with Ohio State. I really, really don't. There is no reason we should be playing like pure shit week in, week out. I have no idea why Jones is our quarter back. I have no idea who is calling the plays, nor do I know what combination of drugs they're on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I do not understand what is wrong with Ohio State. I really, really don't. There is no reason we should be playing like pure shit week in, week out. I have no idea why Jones is our quarter back. I have no idea who is calling the plays, nor do I know what combination of drugs they're on.

Urbs tends to get attached to his MNC winning qbs.

As much as I don't like Alabama, I don't like Georgia more. Plus a puppy loss benefits my Gators, who will definitely find a way to trounce Ole Miss tonight. Or just squeak one out in the end like last week. Or...

Here's to hope

Go Gata

HeySeuss

This fan at Indiana is great. "Hey asshole! You suck ass! Hey asshole! You sucks dick".

Not one for originality but funny getting it on TV.

This fan at Indiana is great. "Hey asshole! You suck ass! Hey asshole! You sucks dick".

Not one for originality but funny getting it on TV.

Yeah, I'm hearing that in my surround channel, and it's hilarious.

If he's yelling at OSU, he ain't wrong, though.

I fucking wish Jones had gone out last year after playing 3 games. I seriously do. Then he could have been someone else's problem. I mean, our defense is playing like shit at the moment, but it's still Jones' fault. Because reasons. Don't use logic on me. This is OSU Football. Logic doesn't work....
and neither does our offense

I went into this season not expecting us to repeat as national champions. With a playoff, it's going to be a very rare occurrence. But I had no idea we'd look so completely inept five games into the season.

We just don't have it this year. I have no clue why, but we don't.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as the announcers said "no Baylor defender is deeper than the 28 yard line" on that 4th down conversion, I knew we were either about to score a TD or throw an incomplete pass.

Ganhyun

I went into this season not expecting us to repeat as national champions. With a playoff, it's going to be a very rare occurrence. But I had no idea we'd look so completely inept five games into the season.

Yet you guys are winning.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Urbs has a cycle. Though at least he made it to two champs at Florida before going psychotic.

I'm not really watching the OSU game but why is everyone putting this on Cardale? He's completed all of his passes. He has negative rushing yards, so I suppose maybe he kept it on plays he could've handed to Elliott?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm not really watching the OSU game but why is everyone putting this on Cardale? He's completed all of his passes. He has negative rushing yards, so I suppose maybe he kept it on plays he could've handed to Elliott?

Because they have two viable qbs and losing.

Whenever you have two viable qbs, there will always be people wanting the other guy in.

Indiana is averaging less than 3 yards a carry. This seems more like OSU's secondary making some big mistakes at key times than Indiana being dominant.

Was Florida ranked #1 that year they lost to Ole Miss, and Tebow gave that ridiculous speech afterward, and everyone forgot about that loss because SEC SEC SEC?

Because I've been getting Florida/Ole Miss vibes this whole week. Unfortunately, Cardale isn't an iota as talented as Tebow. But maybe he can tweet something clever after this game, and get a couple of news cycles out of that.

*aargh*

Top Bottom