• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

It's crazy to think what the Wazzu football hype would be like if the Cougs hadn't Coug'd vs. Portland St. in the opener. WTF is going on in this game vs. Cal?

Lkr

And that is not targetting on Northrup.

glad i'm not the only one to think this. the commentators were talking about it like it was obvious. roughing the passer is possible, didn't pay enough attention to see the timing, but definitely was not targeting imo

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
glad i'm not the only one to think this. the commentators were talking about it like it was obvious. roughing the passer is possible, didn't pay enough attention to see the timing, but definitely was not targeting imo

It was pretty bang bang but I could see a roughing penalty.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Baylor going for it on 4th down up 49-21. Classy.

There are two Tech fans in these threads; it's easy to tell the difference between us because 1. the other guy only shows up once or twice a season these days, and 2. you need food and water rations to make it all the way through his posts.

Hey. Hey. No. NO. Stop it. I root for your silly little Orange Astronauts. You can say Go Bucks.
Kidding. I like UCF.

No. No, oh dear god no. Noooooooooo.
I like OSU too. Had a great time up there when I went a couple years ago.

But it's Indiana and OSU just happens to be number one. Can't let that potential fuckery go to waste.

Does Michigan State play OSU? They're going to destroy them.

The way both teams have been playing makes me think the outcome is going to be closer to beamer0-0.jpg than a blowout.

Also B1G bros, you had ONE job, making sure Michigan was never ever relevant again. Please fix your shit ASAP.

Why do Texas fans keep ignoring this man should Charlie actually get fired
220px-Tomherman.jpeg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We know we can't win a conference title with Richt. Why keep trying? The program has stagnated. Usually when a program stagnates its just going to slowly slide into 6 or 7 win territory. I don't want to be ole miss.

Get Richt the fuck out of here.

God I hate him so much.

Hey, there's plenty of time for 4 more turnovers and a Ramsey pass that's deflected off of Mitchell's ass, hits the sky cam, take a boat into the oncoming hurricane, become a lumberjack, remember that he once played football, calls an uber, gets asked really odd questions about a guy named "Neymar", and arrive back in Georgia for a Nick Chubb touchdown.

cashman

Banned
Charlie strong has to be canned, right?

No. It's important to remember that there's an interim AD in there right now and the search for a new won't even start until next year. Strong has at least one more year after this one and probably a year after that to turn this around.

Why do Texas fans keep ignoring this man should Charlie actually get fired
220px-Tomherman.jpeg
Funny. I just started working here and everyone is very excited about him. They'd be crushed if he left for Austin.

It's funny programs like UH are never good enough to be in the P5. But they're staff are the first to get the call to P5 programs!

Funny. I just started working here and everyone is very excited about him. They'd be crushed if he left for Austin.

It's funny programs like UH are never good enough to be in the P5. But they're staff are the first to get the call to P5 programs!

They should be. He is the next big coach in CFB

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

So are you living in Houston or living in Dallas now? I thought your earlier post just meant you were visiting Houston for the weekend but this one makes me think differently.

As far as being "good enough" to be in the P5, Houston's problem is that they're a commuter school. Huge enrollment, but they haven't shown that they're able to turn all of those degrees into TV ratings. They've put a lot of effort and money recently into changing that perception to try to get an invite to a bigger conference but I'm not sure how effective that will be.

I don't mind the arrangement where the G5 teams get top-flight coaching talent for a few years as they make their way to HC jobs in the P5. Stuff like Herman to Houston and Bobo to CSU works out great for all parties involved.

squicken

Tulsa was like this in basketball a few years back. Tubby Smith and Bill Self both made their names there, then moved on to big schools

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What the hell Wake receiver. Hah. You knew you were down.

Penalties are destroying us on this drive.

But that was not a facemask. Terrible call.

Top Bottom