• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Enron

Banned
INT returned for a TD? Oh well, we know Lambert is a dead-end. Might as well ride with Ramsay for the rest of the year.

I went into this season not expecting us to repeat as national champions. With a playoff, it's going to be a very rare occurrence. But I had no idea we'd look so completely inept five games into the season.

We just don't have it this year. I have no clue why, but we don't.

This makes no sense. You guys are prohibitive favorites this year. You have a glut of riches at QB. I'm just not seeing why, with such a dominant team at the end of last year, you'd go into this year not expecting to repeat.

This makes no sense. You guys are prohibitive favorites this year. You have a glut of riches at QB. I'm just not seeing why, with such a dominant team at the end of last year, you'd go into this year not expecting to repeat.

Because a lot of us are from or live in Ohio. Shit just doesn't work out for us like that.

Gorillaz

Because he knows OSU. And alot of us felt the same.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Golson had all day but he refused to take off when he had the chance.

He is almost too hesitant to take off.

I didn't doubt the quality of the team going into the season (though I sure as hell do know).

It's that we're now in a playoff system and we're just not going to see repeating champions very often.

And if the playoff expands to 6 or 8 teams, it's going to be even less likely that we'll see repeat national champions. It's just going to be incredibly tough for any team, no matter how good, to do it.

Lunar15

NQvzeGI.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So the team that went out of its way to taunt the other teams entrance is showing frustrated bitchassness? Shock.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
At least your team can score.

The difference between our team this year and our team last year summed up in 2 bullet points -

1. We're at or near the top of the conference and the country in penalties and turnover margin, and
  2. We were down 49-21 at the half today but the team hadn't visibly given up.
Now we got a touchdown on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter to only be down 49-28 about 2:11 into the 3rd quarter. We may have a 99% chance of losing at this point but at least we haven't quit like we would have last year or any of the 3 years under Tuberville.

Because a lot of us are from or live in Ohio. Shit just doesn't work out for us like that.

hahahaha, good point

Because he knows OSU. And alot of us felt the same.

I didn't doubt the quality of the team going into the season (though I sure as hell do know).

It's that we're now in a playoff system and we're just not going to see repeating champions very often.

And if the playoff expands to 6 or 8 teams, it's going to be even less likely that we'll see repeat national champions. It's just going to be incredibly tough for any team, no matter how good, to do it.

I guess so. I just figured with how the team looked at the end of last year, and who was returning, that it was pretty much a lock. I felt as sure of OSU repeating as I did with USC 2004/2005.

Top Bottom