• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

c2LOD47.png

I'm tempted.

I considered flat-out swiping his avatar, but Gondo seems like a pretty humble guy and I don't know if he'd want people making a big spectacle out of this.

But I'm tempted.

Man I would totally root for Gondo's team this week if we weren't playing them. Hopefully the CFB mods have been trying to message Evilore to get him to reconsider, if it's indeed a perma. Their silence on this thread, and the last one, give me hope that they are working on it.

Then again, bluemax was perma'd for saying something confrontational to Evilore ( off the forum apparently ) and Gondo's post did have a tone to it.......but perma? c'mon...

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Man I would totally root for Gondo's team this week if we weren't playing them. Hopefully the CFB mods have been trying to message Evilore to get him to reconsider, if it's indeed a perma. Their silence on this thread, and the last one, give me hope that they are working on it.
They also can't go against their "boss." The only comment they're likely to say in here is "quit commenting on it."

They also can't go against their "boss." The only comment they're likely to say in here is "quit commenting on it."

I don't expect the mods to beg Evilore or anything, but I don't see a problem with informing him of his otherwise good standing with the community.

And yes I'm fully prepared for a mod to come in here just to say "Please do not discuss bans on the forum"

diehard

Fleer
BTW Gondo thanks everyone for their support and says your kind words mean a lot. He also pointed out some specific posters for me to PM but i think you know who you are.

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 28

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) No Cover
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) Cover
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) Cover
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse Cover
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) Cover
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) No Cover
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) No Cover
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) Cover
USC (-6.5) v. ASU No Cover

FREE GONDO

UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 21

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) NO COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) NO COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) COVER like a puritan on a hot day at the beach.
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse NO COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) NO COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) NO COVER
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) NO COVER
USC (-6.5) v. ASU NO COVER

Dsyndrome

Longwood University
Everybody hates to root for Notre Dame, so you don't have to worry about how being hated U.

Regarding the real OSU (Oklahoma State) everyone hated them where I grew up in Oklahoma City until they ended up there for one reason or another non-academic-related. OU wasn't a good school until they won a stupid National Championship, as pointed out by me being able to get into there as a freshman in high school with a 20 ACT. I only root for OU because my brothers went there. They need better beer than 1.5 % in OK.

Nialrot

What a shitshow of a season. I want to stop watching, but I just can't.

Glad GOL made an announcement at his press conference today that he will make another useless announcement tomorrow on Stanback's future with UCF.

It gets even better when you read the Orlando Sentinels piece on recruiting.

This isn't just bad. It's “pathetic,” said one recruit who witnessed the UCF debacle Saturday night.

“It was pathetic,” said Becker on Monday, holding nothing back after his disappointing unofficial visit to Bright House Networks Stadium.

Becker was not pleased by UCF coaches' hospitality, namely cornerbacks coach Travis Fisher.

“The man [Fisher] told me to stay after the game and then he just flaked on me,” said Becker, who said he did not talk to any UCF coaches Saturday. “He tells me to come to the game and he'll talk to me, and I didn't even get to see him.

“I just thought they didn't like me. I felt unwanted, like no one even knew me.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-chris-hays-the-prospector-ucf-recruiting-furman-20150921-column.html

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BTW Gondo thanks everyone for their support and says your kind words mean a lot. He also pointed out some specific posters for me to PM but i think you know who you are.

Well, I know I ain't one of them, so...

3ZygLSD.gif

UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 24

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) - NO COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) - NO COVER
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) - NO COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) - NO COVER
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse - NO COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) - COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) - NO COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) - NO COVER
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) - NO COVER
USC (-6.5) v. ASU - NO COVER

Subitai

Gondo's perspective will be sorely missed.
Does he still post on the spinoff forum of the NBA-gaf bloodbath?

Edit: My weakbutt googlefu found the current version of SL&ENT where old banned nba-gaffers reorganized themselves and KingGondo posts there.

http://slaent.com

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Sucks to hear about Gondo. Great poster all the way around. I don't know the topic in question (although I would like to...may have to check out that neogafbans website to see if it is actively maintained), but he is a solid, solid poster. I hope this all blows over. Otherwise, eventually Not-GAF will eventually be bigger than GAF and someone will just open up an equally well-moderated community, only without the permabans for good members who post in a one-off ill-advised fashion.

Hell, I have been banned 5 or 6 times in the past 15 years, 3 or 4 times of which while playing devil's advocate during a discussion between two sides. Each time that happened, I about threw in the towel, but it is people like bluemax and Gondo who always keep me coming back. :)

Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) COVER bitches!
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) No Cover
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) Cover
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) Cover
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse Cover
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) Cover
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) No Cover
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) No Cover
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) Cover
USC (-6.5) v. ASU Cover

El_Chino

If Florida has a good game against the Vols at The Swamp, then I wonder if we have even the slightest shot at beating Ole Miss at home. That would be the two biggest home wins this season.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Found the thread. That was lamer than I thought. Gondo definitely on the right side of the argument throughout the thread, too.

I suppose it's a good idea for me to have a contingency plan should I get perma banned since I don't think I have anyones email. I used to post on gamefaqs when I was in my early teens and I think they have a CFB board so you guys can find me there. Hopefully that never has to happen though since I really like this community.

Draxal

The only comment they're likely to say in here is "quit commenting on it."

And we should follow their advice, the mods/admins/evillore will discuss it internally and hopefully he'll reconsider, but if we keep on talking about it here, it will just make it worse and decrease the chance he'll reconsider (and they have withdrawn permas beforehand).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at what Cincinnatti fans are saying about Tuberville right now as a Texas Tech fan must have been what it felt like to be an Auburn fan looking at what Tech fans were saying about him during years 2 and 3 in Lubbock.

Whole lot of talk about the revolving door at coordinator positions, the head coach just coasting to collect a paycheck, the unfortunate feeling that you're stuck with him for a few years even though nobody wants him around anymore, etc. It's like it's all copied and pasted.

Rutgers!

Kansas!

The only thing more rare than having a match up between the two best teams in college football, is having a match between the two worst Power 5 teams.

This week it's actually happening. I'm so pumped!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, the flag is on the right side of the pole, just like Quinn Sharp's FG in 2011.

For GONDOOOO(r)

But yeah, he had a user ID in the 300's. 1st Day guy, back on 6-6-2004.

Top Bottom