• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Four Thread: Keep Calm - There Is No God

Chuckie Keeton is out 4-6 weeks with an ACL sprain. That's the official line. Unofficially , his playing career in an Aggie uniform is over.

Life isn't fair. He tried SO hard for years to recover from his injuires, gave it 150% but it just wasn't enough.

That sucks. I enjoyed watching Chuck Keeton play.

cdyhybrid

Chuckie Keeton is out 4-6 weeks with an ACL sprain. That's the official line. Unofficially , his playing career in an Aggie uniform is over.

Life isn't fair. He tried SO hard for years to recover from his injuires, gave it 150% but it just wasn't enough.

That sucks. Dude was legit.

andycapps

That's true. Speaking of, do you have Destiny? Thinking about jumping in with the Taken King thing since it looks like it comes with the full game? Seems like it's finally becoming the game they touted it would be at launch.

ag-my001

I've been thinking about this too. If I ever got banned, I don't think anybody here would
notice
know how to contact me other than mods, I'm assuming.
At the very least, you'd be missed here and in the BBQ thread. Which reminds me, school is out tomorrow for Yom Kippur, so I need to grab a new bag of charcoal and find a rack of ribs somewhere.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's true. Speaking of, do you have Destiny? Thinking about jumping in with the Taken King thing since it looks like it comes with the full game? Seems like it's finally becoming the game they touted it would be at launch.

bare bones Destiny ;P

GTAV, FFXIV, or even Rocket League :p

Balphon

I've been playing it quite a bit. The core experience is still more or less the same, but they've changed the character advancement in ways that are more achieveable and intuitive. Likewise, there is significantly more content and content variety than there was when the game launched a year ago.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been debating about getting a Wii and a X1, just for Mario Maker, Zelda, Xenoblade, and Halo 5. But geez, thats alot of money for just a handful of games...

Army makes sense because if you count one FBS independent you should count them all. But then they go on to select a couple of seemingly random teams from the American conference to count as a P5 game which makes no sense. I guess UConn is going to get a lot of phone calls from B1G schools.

BTW counting Army and UConn kinda defeats the purpose of what the Big 10 was going for in playing mandatory P5 schools.

UConn and Cincy are in because they are the consensus picks to be called up to P5 conferences should the need arise. The only outlier, really, is Army.

andycapps

I've been playing it quite a bit. The core experience is still more or less the same, but they've changed the character advancement in ways that are more achieveable and intuitive. Likewise, there is significantly more content and content variety than there was when the game launched a year ago.

The bolded is why I'm thinking about jumping back in. I was in the beta and enjoyed the core gameplay, but the content seemed very sparse on launch.

Lonestar- Oh I love Rocket League. That is an amazing game, and it was free with plus. That's really all I've been playing lately, but I feel like I should pry myself away from it and onto either MGS or Destiny. MGS has always been a series I respected but I have never finished any of them. I don't have the patience to finish games that are that long.

Balphon

The bolded is why I'm thinking about jumping back in. I was in the beta and enjoyed the core gameplay, but the content seemed very sparse on launch.

It's still the same essential gameplay structures -- strikes, patrols, crucible, etc. -- but they've added new things to each to mix them up. For instance, the new strikes are more involved mechanically in ways that are reminiscent of the game's raids, and they've gone back into the old strikes and added new bosses and enemy configurations which can in some cases vary between individual runs of the same strike.

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 35

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) COVER
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) NO COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) NO COVER
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) NO COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) NO COVER
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) NO COVER
USC (-6.5) v. ASU NO COVER

Going for 100% wrong on this one, I think.

Karl2177

It's still the same essential gameplay structures -- strikes, patrols, crucible, etc. -- but they've added new things to each to mix them up. For instance, the new strikes are more involved mechanically in ways that are reminiscent of the game's raids, and they've gone back into the old strikes and added new bosses and enemy configurations which can in some cases vary between individual runs of the same strike.
Another big thing is that they've added quest lines, so it makes sense to go from one story mission to the next. The big downside that the game has is that they don't tell you about some of the nuances like infusion or even the order that you should decrypt engrams.

That's the ironic thing. I have zero time to play them after I work, do family stuff, and workout. At the most, I have an hour a day, though I do have weekends. But that time is cut into with football going now.

I moved into my house basically exactly 1 year ago. My consoles are still where I left them when I moved in -- the garage.

Though, I've recently entertained the idea of buying a PS4 sooner rather than later. It depends on how much I want to play Star Wars Battlefront.

And none of this has anything to do with college football. What is this, the offseason?

Varjis

We only have one kind of OSU fan here now. I think one of the TTU guys has to switch,

Actually as this OSU alum has season tickets this year (For the first time!), you do have another, I just don't check in as much but felt the need to with recent events.

UT vs OSU will be a fun game.

Balphon

Another big thing is that they've added quest lines, so it makes sense to go from one story mission to the next. The big downside that the game has is that they don't tell you about some of the nuances like infusion or even the order that you should decrypt engrams.

Yeah, there are still aspects of the progression that are rather arcane.

The thing I probably appreciate most about the TTK stuff is the effort to flesh out the various Tower NPCs into actual characters. Though a lot of it is by way of turning Cayde into robot Malcolm Reynolds.

But right, uhh, football. Uhh, Blood Bowl 2 is out tomorrow?

It's a goddamn tragedy.

Of course I am talking about the USC game, nothing else, obviously

RIP .... uh, USC's playoff chances. RIP.

btw, in a completely unrelated note, if i ever get permed you guys can find me @gmail

xeris

UConn and Cincy are in because they are the consensus picks to be called up to P5 conferences should the need arise. The only outlier, really, is Army.

Cincy probably also benefits because it gives tOSU an in-state opponent that counts. Army's probably there just because the other indies are in so why not.

UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 34

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) NO COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) NO COVER
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) NO COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) NO COVER (RIP)
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) COVER
USC (-6.5) v. NO COVER

(how is tOSU a 31 point favorite? HOW)

I don't think there is any consensus. If there were, they'd have been in now and not left behind with everyone else.

They're left behind now because nobody has needed them. Just take the ACC, for example. If someone else left, UConn would be in. Most folks thought UConn would replace Maryland until football prevailed and the league took Louisville.

They're left behind now because nobody has needed them. Just take the ACC, for example. If someone else left, UConn would be in. Most folks thought UConn would replace Maryland until football prevailed and the league took Louisville.

Eh, football still drives the bus and UConn still hasn't shown much to correct that. I'd think Syracuse also takes care of the NY area market too for TV contract purposes.

I suppose it would depend on where the ACC lost a team. But either way, I don't think they are a lock in there is more movement. They apparently also still have stiff resistance from programs like Boston College too.

Jhriad

The fact that posters on the forum, having done nothing wrong, are thinking of ways to keep in touch if they get banned should be illustrative of the problems caused by cases like this.

LosDaddie

Banned
Finally remembered to post in here. I miss y'all

3-0 going into a bye-week. I'll take it. FSU now gets 3wks to prep for The U. I've said it before (when I was active in GAF) that I'll take a 2-10 season every year if it means wins over UF and Miami.

I'm traveling to see family next week, and I'm going to be wearing FSU gear the entire time. Always love doing that stuff when going out of state.

That's the ironic thing. I have zero time to play them after I work, do family stuff, and workout. At the most, I have an hour a day, though I do have weekends. But that time is cut into with football going now.

Dad-Life. Make more money than ever before, yet the irony is that you spend less on yourself than ever. I had to cut out my after-work exercise to study for the PE exam. I still take the dog for a 1.5mi run in the mornings, though.

ryseing

Did anyone see this about the Big 10?

They will count Army (not Navy or AFA), UConn, Cincy, BYU, ND as P5 opponents for purposes of meeting their new scheduling philosophy.

Talk about insult to injury.

Apparently it's because teams (Indiana and Illinois) asked for specific exemptions since their noncon's already filled and they couldn't find P5 replacements.

Also why Boise's not on the list- MSU didn't ask.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
btw, in a completely unrelated note, if i ever get permed you guys can find me @gmail
In an equally unrelated note to your unrelated note, I created a gmail account for hosting stuff related to the pick 'em. If anyone needs to get in touch to submit picks or anything, my e-mail address is .

In an equally unrelated note to your unrelated note, I created a gmail account for hosting stuff related to the pick 'em. If anyone needs to get in touch to submit picks or anything, my e-mail address is cfb.gaf@gmail.com.

That's a great idea. If for some reason we can't access GAF, like the servers went down during E3 or something, and we need to send in picks or anything else, we can still do that.

UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 24

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) NO COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) NO COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) COVER
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse NO COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) NO COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) NO COVER
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) COVER
USC (-6.5) v. ASU COVER

inb4 0 points again

JCX

Im so upset we still dont have an NCAA game.

I got madden but its just not the same.

I caved and resumed my NCAA 14 Dynasty attempt to get Eastern Michigan to the MNC. I paird the Power 5 with a mid major, so lowest of P5 swaps conferences with winner of mid major. Indiana has been stuck in the MAC for a few seasons now. Hopefully NCAA 14 gets added to XB1 BC so I don't have to lug out my PS3 anymore.

Speaking of, CMU has stayed competitive so far this year, so I'm slightly worried about Saturday.

Finally read this thread. RIP Gondo.

Picked up another job this week, missing the MSU/CMU game, blerg. Feels like I've been on the run for a month.

Don't worry, JCX. Unless Lafevor snuck back into Mt. Pleasent I think we're cool.

TS-08

UMass v. Notre Dame - ND by 31

Saturday
Southern Miss v. Nebraska (-24.5) - NO COVER
CMU v. MSU (-28.5) - COVER
Kansas v. Rutgers (-13.5) - COVER
UCF v. SCAR (-14.5) - NO COVER
LSU (-27.5) v. Syracuse - COVER
WMU vs. Ohio State (-31) - COVER
Tennessee v. Florida (-3.5) - NO COVER
Oklahoma State v. Texas (-6.5) - NO COVER
UL Monroe v. Bama (-38.5) - NO COVER
USC (-6.5) v. ASU - COVER

jjasper

I can't wait to see what we do to blow the game this week. We have already used up the go ultra conservative and allow the defense to get worn out route so I am thinking this week is a fumble the winning/tying TD into the endzone kind of week.

I've been debating about getting a Wii and a X1, just for Mario Maker, Zelda, Xenoblade, and Halo 5. But geez, thats alot of money for just a handful of games...
I like Mario Maker but finding good levels to play is annoying sometimes. It seems like right now all the highest rated games are stupid don't push anything or just push left levels. Even with that annoyance it is still a great game.

Also Gondo is pretty easy to find if you know where to look.

Top Bottom