• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Nine Thread: Clemson, Clemsoned

I don't think ESPN cares who gets in from the coastal add long as FSU or Clemson get in from the Atlantic.

That's my tinfoil hat talking.

But truthfully, I think they would prefer Carolina or Pitt over Duke (among this year's contenders), and basically every other Coastal team in any other year. Duke isn't a draw in football. Switch sports and it's a different story. Miami gets the 30 for 30 treatment for football, Duke gets it in basketball.

You sound like a Kentucky fan.

Ij8oY3b.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm sure the karmic balance will realign itself in a few short weeks on the hardwood.

weeeelllll.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BfScg9cNCs

At least Duke didn't print tee shirt to turn screwjob to program defining legend vs Clemson of all teams

That's my tinfoil hat talking.

But truthfully, I think they would prefer Carolina or Pitt over Duke (among this year's contenders), and basically every other Coastal team in any other year. Duke isn't a draw in football. Switch sports and it's a different story. Miami gets the 30 for 30 treatment for football, Duke gets it in basketball.

Duke would draw better than Pitt in Charlotte as evident by the 2012 belk bowl and 2013 ACC championship game. But as far as UNC and ESPN goes, John Skipper would make sure they got inundated with endless coverage, not to mention UNC has been pegged the sleepiest of sleeping giants for years and years. There are a lot of CFB pundits who can't wait to get their "told you so" on.

Kentucky douche-fuck Pat Forde is predicting Memphis as a playoff team saying the Big XII OOC and conference is trash.

I say if Memphis can get through Navy this week with their knees intact, you never know. They'll for sure have more ranked wins than at least Baylor lols if they win out.

But I'm of the thought that there is no way a non-P5 team would ever be allowed into the playoffs. They're also Memphis and I don't trust them to win out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
gorgeous. how deep can Miami twist the knife.

I'd wonder how much further they're going to keep embarrassing themselves. The former 5 time national championship programs best highlight in years is a blown call vs a basketball school, lol. I guess they aren't self aware enough to realize it.

Maybe I'm wrong and next time Alabama or Ohio State hit a rough patch, and need some incompetent officiating to overcome the mighty powers of UK or IU, I can expect tee shirts and tweets from their football social media outlets.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Week 9 Pick 'Em Results
Week 9 Results said:
name [ w9_score ]
Fragamemnon [ 11 ]
perfectchaos007 [ 7 ]
Karl2177 [ 7 ]
Subitai [ 7 ]
cdyhybrid [ 6 ]
chaosblade [ 6 ]
AlteredBeast [ 6 ]
bucknuticus [ 6 ]
theprodigy [ 6 ]
sf2fanatic [ 6 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 6 ]
pxleyes [ 6 ]
andycapps [ 5 ]
Ganhyun [ 5 ]
Kacar [ 5 ]
ag-my001 [ 5 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 5 ]
MrJames [ 5 ]
cashman [ 5 ]
chicko1983 [ 4 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 4 ]
xeris [ 4 ]
Mac the Knife [ 4 ]
FelixOrion [ 4 ]
Monroeski [ 4 ]
ryseing [ 4 ]
The Outsider [ 4 ]
lonestar [ 3 ]
Randolph Freelander [ 3 ]
Dsyndrome [ 2 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 2 ]
timetokill [ 1 ]

Total Score said:
name [ tot_score ]
perfectchaos007 [ 52 ]
FloydtheFathead [ 51 ]
xeris [ 50 ]
Fragamemnon [ 50 ]
cdyhybrid [ 49 ]
GoldenEye007 [ 49 ]
bucknuticus [ 48 ]
Kacar [ 47 ]
zyxwvu4321 [ 45 ]
Randolph Freelander [ 44 ]
Frustrated_Grunt [ 44 ]
Monroeski [ 44 ]
Karl2177 [ 44 ]
Dsyndrome [ 43 ]
timetokill [ 43 ]
MrJames [ 43 ]
chaosblade [ 42 ]
AlteredBeast [ 42 ]
theprodigy [ 42 ]
FelixOrion [ 42 ]
ryseing [ 42 ]
Subitai [ 42 ]
lonestar [ 41 ]
andycapps [ 41 ]
cashman [ 41 ]
Ganhyun [ 40 ]
sf2fanatic [ 40 ]
chicko1983 [ 38 ]
pxleyes [ 38 ]
Mac the Knife [ 37 ]
ag-my001 [ 37 ]
Battlezone [ 36 ]
The Outsider [ 36 ]
Westonian [ 33 ]

Kentucky douche-fuck Pat Forde is predicting Memphis as a playoff team saying the Big XII OOC and conference is trash.

I say if Memphis can get through Navy this week with their knees intact, you never know. They'll for sure have more ranked wins than at least Baylor lols if they win out.

But I'm of the thought that there is no way a non-P5 team would ever be allowed into the playoffs. They're also Memphis and I don't trust them to win out.

Memphis vs. Houston in a couple of weeks will be damn good. That will determine the AAC

andycapps

Apparently Jacob Eason started following Nussmeier on Twitter today :p

Haha I saw that. Time to start tracking planes from Gainesville!

I don't think he flips though. He's about as solid of a commitment as you can get, though he did mention the only way he'd leave his commitment is if Richt left.

Lunar15

Apparently Jacob Eason started following Nussmeier on Twitter today :p

Damn, that's a pretty insane snipe if we get him.

Honestly, what I'm worried most about the Gators is that we're going to lose either Nussmeier or Collins in the offseason. There's a lot of head coaching jobs open right now and those two have helped turn around a flailing team. Anyone with good coordinators should be worried right now.

Damn, that's a pretty insane snipe if we get him.

Honestly, what I'm worried most about the Gators is that we're going to lose either Nussmeier or Collins in the offseason. There's a lot of head coaching jobs open right now and those two have helped turn around a flailing team. Anyone with good coordinators should be worried right now.

Collins has only been mentioned for UCF. I haven't heard of Nuss mentioned for anywhere. I doubt they're going anywhere.

Top Bottom