• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Scarlet and gray days over the weekend. Trying to make me like Ohio State.

Yes.. Yes... YES.. Soon you will abandon Chop Block U and join the right fan base..

So I understand it was only Texas but what is college-gafs thoughts on the Irish? I liked what I saw but that's over the dead shell of Texas.

They have potential to make it to the playoffs. But they have a difficult schedule in a lot of spots and I can't see them winning some of those games (USC for one)

MaGlock

Yes.. Yes... YES.. Soon you will abandon Chop Block U and join the right fan base..

They have potential to make it to the playoffs. But they have a difficult schedule in a lot of spots and I can't see them winning some of those games (USC for one)

Gauntlet early in the year with Georgia tech, clemson, and usc all by the end of October. Guess we'll find out sooner rather than later

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes is the Big 12 offensive player of the week and our defense gave up over 600 yards to an FCS team.

Business as usual.

On 77 now about 30 mins away from beckley

Hope it wasn't too bad. Interstate seemed pretty clear when I was out getting breakfast.

Also, a couple of days late since imgur's mobile site wouldn't let me see all my pictures:

iQRwB.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So when does the Ohio State band make a penis to go in the Michigan Wolverine's mouth?

I saw that James Connor for Pitt is now out for the year. Sucks for him, and I hope he recovers because that guy is a freight train. I don't know what Pitt has left.

MajorMane

For those interested, Coach Riley released updates on injuries that occurred during the BYU game:

Husker coach Mike Riley announced senior defensive end Jack Gangwish is out for a "few weeks" because of an elbow injury.

"David Sutton is out for much longer period of time," Riley said during his Monday news conference. The senior tight end injured his ankle during Saturday's 33-28 loss to the Cougars.

The news on punter Sam Foltz is not as bad. The junior is week to week after injuring his ankle in the third quarter.

Glad to see Foltz isn't doing too bad. Hopefully he makes a good recovery as that's a spot that we really need him at. Also good news that Sutton didn't tear his ACL from that
late
hit.

So when does the Ohio State band make a penis to go in the Michigan Wolverine's mouth?.

That whole situation is unfortunate. Sounds like no one at the game really thought it looked like that, and it wasn't until the media picked up on it after the game that it really blew up. A lot of hard work goes into those shows every week, so to see all the negativity can really suck. Know your dot, fit the form, marchers! (And for the love of god, didn't their director/drill writer notice this during rehearsal?)

Ohio State would do good to avoid any shapes of the phallic nature, that all being said. Or, now here's a crazy idea, don't throw in your rival's mascots into a halftime show where you don't even play them.

So when does the Ohio State band make a penis to go in the Michigan Wolverine's mouth?

I saw that James Connor for Pitt is now out for the year. Sucks for him, and I hope he recovers because that guy is a freight train. I don't know what Pitt has left.

Why do they have to do that when the team shoves those
foot
balls down the Wolverines throats

Guess Narduzzi is gonna have a rough year at Pitt.

ag-my001

There was a year Texas Tech came to A&M and promoted their baton twirler during the performance. They were doing fine, but then the pattern changed. They totally made the shape of the female reproductive system, and the baton girl traced a path that went from the ovaries, down a tube, and then out.

We had dinner with some Tech band members afterwards, and while that wasn't their intent, when they thought about the formation, they agreed we were on to something.

So I understand it was only Texas but what is college-gafs thoughts on the Irish? I liked what I saw but that's over the dead shell of Texas.

Expecting em to beat my Hoos by 20 points next week. Hope I'm wrong and uVA can keep it close.

The offense is too stagnant and the LB corp is too young to provide real competition to the Irish.

wva rest stop.

aka the business school (j/k the school is gorgeous couldn't resist the cheap shot)

Dominique Hatfield was reinstated for the Utes. He's a really good CB and should be ready to play soon, definitely by the time that conference play starts. I think I like Utah's chances in the South a notch more with him back on the roster, especially if they can get consistent QB play out of Wilson like they got last week.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I actually feel kind of bad for VT, as much as I'd like to see them upset OSU again you know it's more likely going to be a murder scene.

RIP VT.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Don't know if this is actually trying to drum up 2007 or just being a dummy, so, knock it off.
I don't think anyone would purposely make THAT comparison. Chill.

Herbstreit and Fowler? Ugh. They butchered the Bama-Wisconsin game. Hope they do better tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom