• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no beef with commentators being homers, it's part of the fun of college football to talk yourself into unbelievable levels of hype.

Pretty sure he went to Pitt. So what the heck? Is he taking lessons from Bayless and making this his Tebow?

The popular theory is his last game at Pitt. Ohio State crushed Pitt 72-0 and that is why he hates Ohio State.

ag-my001

Ok, just saw that all in an article posted back in June. I never noticed it much, mainly because I couldn't stand him and Holtz as they were, so I wouldn't watch CFF too much.

Ok, just saw that all in an article posted back in June. I never noticed it much, mainly because I couldn't stand him and Holtz as they were, so I wouldn't watch CFF too much.

Yup. It's super ignorant. It was beautiful when the night before the natty. OSU fans booed his ass off the set, I love it.

Kacar

Current score with 1 game to go!
Heyyyy, cover please buckeyes.

I'm worrying about tommorrow night, but I still think Tech will really struggle to score. My mind is set around a 28-10 score.

Or a similar type game to Bama-Wiscy.

Yup. It's super ignorant. It was beautiful when the night before the natty. OSU fans booed his ass off the set, I love it.

Mark May getting booed off the set and completely disappearing from ESPN programming until yesterday might be one of my favorite under the radar things about last year's run. Shit, at least Trev Alberts showed up after the Miami game and ate some crow. Mark May straight up hid for eight months, and now wants to start up his shtick again? FOH out of here with all that.

Heyyyy, cover please buckeyes.

I'm worrying about tommorrow night, but I still think Tech will really struggle to score. My mind is set around a 28-10 score.

They can't. Trust me. I live in the Hampton Roads area (home of Vick and that bastard Mike Tomlin). All I hear is the defense and blah and not one iota about their offense. They could surprise me, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were a hokie fan.

Mark May getting booed off the set and completely disappearing from ESPN programming until yesterday might be one of my favorite under the radar things about last year's run. Shit, at least Trev Alberts showed up after the Miami game and ate some crow. Mark May straight up hid for eight months, and now wants to start up his shtick again? FOH out of here with all that.

Yup, he's a giant fuckwit and it's bad enough when Urban had to make a video shitting on May. Absolutely ridiculous that ESPN let it go on this long.

I don't blame May. Ohio State is just the worst.

jlawyeahokay.gif

Karl2177

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up after beating an FCS school, but watching KU get beat, Tech's defense miss the bus, Texas's implosion, and Kansas State lose a couple key players, I'm excited for ISU's reasonable shot at a bowl this year.

I don't blame May. Ohio State is just the worst.

The worst

They really are

urbantrophy13jj2.gif

Jhriad

Sad day in Husker land today :( That was just devastating to be at

It was tough enough at home. I'd probably be drunk in a ditch somewhere if I had been at the game. Don't worry, there were a number of good things to take away from that game so hopefully we see continued progress. Let's just hope the 6 Huskers that were injured during the game all recover quickly.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Chavis is a god. No mortal man could turn the a&m defence around that fast. OC still needs to be fired like tomorrow though. Dude is straight trash. After Kingsbury gets fired this year we will get him back for sure.

Lol at Texas, getting what they deserve after fucking the rest of the big 12 over with the longhorn network along with the various other fuckeries they pulled over the years.

ag-my001

Chavis is a god. No mortal man could turn the a&m defence around that fast. OC still needs to be fired like tomorrow though. Dude is straight trash. After Kingsbury gets fired this year we will get him back for sure.

Lol at Texas, getting what they deserve after fucking the rest of the big 12 over with the longhorn network along with the various other fuckeries they pulled over the years.

Dude, we're not supposed to care about Texas anymore! Don't break character!

Lexad

Pretty much

SPAZital needs to go 18 months ago. We are going to lose games because of him and chavis is going to have ptsd flashbacks to his times at lsu. Still overall I was impressed especially with Kyle coming back in after essentially being replaced by a fresan and taking it back.

Dsyndrome

Driving to Kalamazoo from South Bend after midnight fucking sucks, great game though. Hopefully Purdue doesn't shit the bed today.

So Stanford apparently has never played a team from Florida. That's kind of shcoking given they've been playing since the 1890s.

UCF has never played in Cali.

ag-my001

That stiff arm TD pass was nice. But I thought the refs were supposed to be watching for that center five yards down field on those run/pass options.

Kick us while we're down because we won't be down forever. We'll be back, and you'll always be aggy.

Kick us while we're down because we won't be down forever. We'll be back, and you'll always be aggy.

That's Michigan said after they hired Rich Rod or Miami after hiring Randy Shannon or Nebraska... Etc etc. you get the program and conference you deserve

in all seriousness though, you will because it's almost impossible for y'all to not be back. If Minnesota can come back from the dead. Texas sure as shit can.

Shock

Banned
Can't tell if that is Marshall looking that good or Purdue being that bad. I guess given last season, it is more Marshall just being good.

Purdue looks better than usual. If they can get the jitters out and not make dumb mistakes they have a chance to be decent.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I just got a home brewing kit for cider. Do we have a brewing-gaf group? Anyone here have hints for success?

Fermenting cider comes down to yeast choice, nutrient choice, oxygenation of the juice, pitch rate and temperature control.

You can get into blending apples to control how much tannins and different flavors you get in the final product, but to start worrying about that seems folly.

Pitch rate and fermentation temperature control are the two most important factors, along with good nutrient levels.

ag-my001

Pitch rate and fermentation temperature control are the two most important factors, along with good nutrient levels.
I guess the kit is trying to keep it simple, as it just says to pitch all the yeast at once and then let it sit at room temperature for a few weeks. We've got a good orchard near us, so I'll probably use their stuff so long as it's preservative free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom