• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Six Thread: Auburn is a Weird Place

We've barely been keeping up with football here lately after our cat was diagnosed with and succumbed to cancer. Just getting back into it today. Looks like we picked a good stretch to miss out on, at least!

It seems like LSU is doing a ton to make the Carolina folks feel welcome in Baton Rouge, which is pretty awesome, especially on such short notice. They'll be playing our fight song and alma mater before the game and are hosting a tailgate for the fans who could put a trip together at the last minute. I heard a rumor that they'll take Fournette out of the game after he hits 250 yards, so that's nice, too.

Vandy athletics filled up their equipment truck with bottled water earlier this week and sent it down to the Carolina student union yesterday. Awesome stuff.

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Hopefully the committee learned their lesson from FSU and doesn't rubber stamp them, if it continues

It's unclear as to what extent the previous season factors into rankings.

Have they ever considered not issuing rankings until a few weeks into the season?

So? Last year was awesome even if we got pantsed by Oregon. Making it to the first ever playoffs was great fun.

Oh I hear you. I would have given my left nut to get blown out in the playoffs against a good Oregon team if it meant we ended up with as many wins as FSU. I was just commenting on why the Bucknuts are not enjoying these games as much.

Hopefully the committee learned their lesson from FSU and doesn't rubber stamp them, if it continues

If (and this is a big old IF) we win the B1G, as reining national champions, there's no way in hell the committee wouldn't put us through. I'd say the same for Michigan State. Just not going to happen.

I'm no saying we are the best team in the country, because god knows we aren't, but I don't think it's a rubber stamp.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If (and this is a big old IF) we win the B1G, as reining national champions, there's no way in hell the committee wouldn't put us through. I'd say the same for Michigan State. Just not going to happen.

I'm no saying we are the best team in the country, because god knows we aren't, but I don't think it's a rubber stamp.

Only unsmart people think FSU should have been left out last year, even seeing how we did against Oregon.

Kacar

It's unclear as to what extent the previous season factors into rankings.

Have they ever considered not issuing rankings until a few weeks into the season?
Preseason rankings generate interest. Talking points for sports shows. They are never going away.

It would be better though.

HeySeuss

God I can't believe we can't walk over Maryland, a team that openly fired their coach after this game. We're gonna lose at least 2 games.

I hope nobody picks us to cover again because that's a fools pick. Bucknuticus can you share your bleach??? Fuck

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
God I can't believe we can't walk over Maryland, a team that openly fired their coach after this game. We're gonna lose at least 2 games.

I hope nobody picks us to cover again because that's a fools pick. Bucknuticus can you share your bleach??? Fuck

Dead man walking coaches are the most dangerous. All of the sudden the team finally wants to play hard for their coach.

That is why I am scared as hell of Miami tonight.

Dead man walking coaches are the most dangerous. All of the sudden the team finally wants to play hard for their coach.

Aka zook vs fsu.

Tried to see if I could get in the cleaning supply closet here at the stadiums. Padlocks on the bleach cabinet for some reason

HeySeuss

I guess there's something to be said for that. I'm just out of reasons to give us the benefit of the doubt at this point.

xeris

"Well, I just got back from my son's birthday party. Let's check the sco...HOLY HELL WHATS GOING ON WITH tOSU/MD!"

Why. The. Hell. Does. Marshall. Run. Towards. The. Effing. Ball. Like. That.

Bitch, you on notice for not holding onto the damn ball. I see you.

squicken

I don't want to be seen as an OSU basher or anything, b/c I said the same about FSU last year. They should have been behind both TCU and Baylor. Style points matter in CFB. A good team can have a few off weeks, but it mostly needs to dominate bad teams

I'm not sure how the B1G schedules work for all the teams this year, but it does seem that the top of the conference is better this year. So some ugly wins along with some close good wins can be enough

I'm sure this has been posted before, but FO is tracking schedule Degree of Difficulty, which they think the committee might have used last year when ranking teams

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fei-ratings/2015/fei-week-4

Kacar

Just flicked it 45 yards or so.

I'm still on the National Championship high.

I for one love this team. I will not be dragged down.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
thQjoWw.jpg

Did anybody else have this style poster growing up? I don't know how many different schools were made like this, but I know there was at least also a Gator version since my brother had one.

I don't want to be seen as an OSU basher or anything, b/c I said the same about FSU last year. They should have been behind both TCU and Baylor. Style points matter in CFB. A good team can have a few off weeks, but it mostly needs to dominate bad teams

I'm not sure how the B1G schedules work for all the teams this year, but it does seem that the top of the conference is better this year. So some ugly wins along with some close good wins can be enough

I'm sure this has been posted before, but FO is tracking schedule Degree of Difficulty, which they think the committee might have used last year when ranking teams

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/fei-ratings/2015/fei-week-4

You can bash OSU when we deserve it, which we're almost there. Not just yet, but getting too damn close lol. I do think the B1G is better this year. I mean, we still have a few shit teams, but on the whole, a lot better than it's perceived to be.

Kacar

thQjoWw.jpg

Did anybody else have this style poster growing up? I don't know how many different schools were made like this, but I know there was at least also a Gator version since my brother had one.
We had an OSU one. They are pretty sweet.

Why is the green field goal range line on the broadcast in the third quarter when OU is down 7?

That should only be there when the situation calls for it.

When I was little, I hated football. My mom wanted me to like it so much, she bought me a poster just like that. I covered it up with a Power Ranger poster and she gave up. She's in her heights of glory I like football now, but furious that I never played it.

Because I bruise like a damn peach. And I don't do things that involve getting dirty. Or sweaty.

What...

WHY DID YOU ACCEPT THE PENALTY IT'S FOURTH DOWN?!?!?!?

Edit: Thank you crappy ESPN broadcast for a minute I was about to murder Charlie.

Balphon

Why is the green field goal range line on the broadcast in the third quarter when OU is down 7?

That should only be there when the situation calls for it.

I'm not sure any situation will call for a line that presupposes a college kicker can make a 52 yard field goal.

Top Bottom