• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Six Thread: Auburn is a Weird Place

Florida 3.5%
Florida State 3%

9c3ad0d45fdf0fe51fb83bb9f87133c2d75c8f750bb022c73be1a88d1259b495_large

I got bored, so I used MasseyRatings future game probabilities on undefeated teams, and calculated the chance that they will win out the remainder of the season.

Team Pct
Ohio State 31.3%
Toledo 22.2%
Clemson 14.1%
Baylor 10.2%
Iowa 7.1%
Michigan State 5.8%
Utah 5.4%
Houston 5.4%
TCU 4.9%
Texas A&M 4.6%
Northwestern 4%
Memphis 3.8%
Florida 3.5%
Oklahoma 3%
Florida State 3%
Navy 2.9%
Temple 2.5%
LSU 1.4%
Oklahoma State 0.005%
California 0.0003%

a quality loss for Arkansas

Predict the total number of points scored!
Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 55pts

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) - COVER

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) - COVER

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5) - NO COVER
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe - COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas - NO COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) - NO COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) - NO COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) - NO COVER
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU - COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5)- NO COVER

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
RIP mre's avatar (?)

Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 49

Thursday

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) - NO COVER

Saturday
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe - NO COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas - COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) - COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) - NO COVER

Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 61

Thursday

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) - COVER

Saturday
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe - COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas - COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) - NO COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) - NO COVER

Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 77

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) COVER

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) NO COVER

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5) NO COVER
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe NO COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) NO COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) NO COVER
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) NO COVER

Also, Cal winning over Utah is my
zI4cpDW.png

SHOE-IN of the week!

Good morning Folks.

CAN any of YOU guys share stories about how the media has destroyed your college football team?

I THINK there is a CONSPIRACY that the media wants to DESTROY college FOOTBALL.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like this weekend's game against Iowa State is turning into a bit of a trap game for us.

We've had a lot of WR injuries (3 of our 4 starters are down) and we weren't very deep there to begin with; One of our best OL went down against Baylor; and our defense is our defense. Meanwhile, Iowa State returns their entire OL from last season, has a QB that is starting his 5,000th game, a set of WRs that is better than most people think (includes a 5-star recruit), and both of their losses were to teams that are currently ranked in the top 25. Plus, this game has been a lot closer than it should have been the last few seasons.

Still feel pretty confident, I just hope we're not headed for a letdown after two top 5 teams and our best OOC opponent in the last 3 consecutive weeks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sounds like LSU gets another home game, as USCe will play there this weekend rather than anywhere else.

Not that LSU wouldn't win over USCe at any location on the planet.

But hey, it's not like they aren't playing each other again nex....oh, 2020 and schedule to also be at LSU. Everyone will forget about this by then and still play @ LSU then. It'll be decades before USCe sees LSU play at USCe.

Them moving this LSU-South Carolina game to Baton Rouge feels like a super raw deal for the Gamecocks.

The Panthers are on a bye this week, why not play it in Charlotte instead of turning a true home game into a true road game.

Lonestar

They'd still draw more people than a normal GT game, or Sanford Stadium after halftime. ;P

Really, USCe loses a game to host recruits and LSU gains one. Yes, LSU had a game cancelled, but it was cancelled right after the start of the game. Whoever was there was at least there for whatever LSU shows off for the recruits.

Sounds like it'll be 2027 when LSU visits USCe next, unless they do change the venue next in 2020. 17 years from now, and they last were @ USCe in 2008 (should have been 2013, but that was the year they changed schedules around because of adding A&M/MIZZ. They played Georgia instead, after having USCe @ LSU in 2012.

FyreWulff

That's right, we do have our biannual loud circle run this weekend don't we.

But still, there's got to be open neutral site between Columbia and Baton Rouge.

probably, but legality/insurance wise it's probably just easier to convert it into an LSU home game and have LSU cut USCe a check

Let's see how it goes haha

FSU is gonna lose to Clemson so hard.

I think at this point we know who FSU is and they're not that good. So, I'd love for them to continue winning, if only by a hair, so they're perfect when we play them. I'm not at all suggesting that we are definitely going to beat them, but having the chance to take down a potential top 10 team at the end of the season would be huge. It'd be huge regardless of whether we go winless until then (imagine that kick to the nuts) or perfect until then.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Them moving this LSU-South Carolina game to Baton Rouge feels like a super raw deal for the Gamecocks.

The Panthers are on a bye this week, why not play it in Charlotte instead of turning a true home game into a true road game.

They just reseeded the Panther's field.

Lonestar

oh, and now Pig Howard from Tennessee is gone, violation of team rules.

BE MINDFUL OF YOUR RECEIVERS, PEOPLE, THEY RECKING THE LAWS.

andycapps

Oh man, will miss him.
I thought he was actually a good player

0gAUhRB.gif

Tennessee is actually wearing those Smoky Gray uniforms or something against UGA on Saturday. Hopefully it works out better for them this time.

Draxal

That's right, we do have our biannual loud circle run this weekend don't we.

But still, there's got to be open neutral site between Columbia and Baton Rouge.

It just makes sense to play it in Baton Rouge ... when the Bills/Jets blizzard game was relocated to Ford Field they had nobody in the stands.

When the Saints/Giants Katrina game was relocated to New Jersey they at least had some people there.

andycapps

Leonard Fournette vs that USCe defense might be enough to make the OBC retire. Sucks for Sakerlina that the game got moved to Baton Rouge but it is what it is.

Draxal, do you know why the media is biased against Rutgers?

Because, if Rutgers is successful, that means that college football's popularity base will relocate to NYC, leading to a B1G victory. The ACC/ESPN can't have that. If that happens they lose all of that sweet Syracuse/UConn movie. So, their move is to keep Rutgers down by manufacturing scandals. By falsely implicating poor people like Leonte Caroo as criminals.

I'm going to be working hard on further exposing this SCAM! The mainstream media is lying to you about Rutgers.

Whaaaaaaaaaat. So being kept out due to "injury" just a cover-up or concurrent?

Damn. I know I've said this before several times, completely disingenuously, but I think I'm now ACTUALLY starting to feel bad for Tennessee.

Or am I...

Oh man, will miss him.
I thought he was actually a good player

Because he was a good player and one of the highlights of this offense coming into the season.

Lol, sucks to suck.

Karl2177

I feel like this weekend's game against Iowa State is turning into a bit of a trap game for us.

We've had a lot of WR injuries (3 of our 4 starters are down) and we weren't very deep there to begin with; One of our best OL went down against Baylor; and our defense is our defense. Meanwhile, Iowa State returns their entire OL from last season, has a QB that is starting his 5,000th game, a set of WRs that is better than most people think (includes a 5-star recruit), and both of their losses were to teams that are currently ranked in the top 25. Plus, this game has been a lot closer than it should have been the last few seasons.

Still feel pretty confident, I just hope we're not headed for a letdown after two top 5 teams and our best OOC opponent in the last 3 consecutive weeks.
I think you'll be fine. Tech has looked a lot better than I thought they would. Hanging in with TCU and putting up more than 2 TDs against Baylor is more than we will do.

While we have a strong WR crew, our QB is still making some rookie decisions. We only got our run game started against Toledo and Kansas is Kansas. As long as Tech's front line can stay healthy throughout the game, we won't run it well and Richardson will make some poor decisions.

ryseing

lush

Butch Jones actually said this at today's press conference:

"Sometimes you see results that maybe outside people don't see because you're gauged on wins."

Get this piece of shit out of here ASAP. Should be immediate grounds for dismissal.

edit: Like Pig Howard's dismissal even matters. He wasn't being used this year in the slightest, just like the rest of the receivers.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Two big injuries in the Big 12 - West Virginia safety Karl Joseph and Oklahoma State LB Ryan Simmons.

HUGE loss for WVU. Probably the best player on their team, and one of the best players in the conference regardless of position. I think Simmons had a really strong leadership role and about a billion career tackles for Oklahoma State, too.

I think you'll be fine. Tech has looked a lot better than I thought they would. Hanging in with TCU and putting up more than 2 TDs against Baylor is more than we will do.

While we have a strong WR crew, our QB is still making some rookie decisions. We only got our run game started against Toledo and Kansas is Kansas. As long as Tech's front line can stay healthy throughout the game, we won't run it well and Richardson will make some poor decisions.

Like I said, I still feel pretty confident overall, just hoping we don't have a letdown. ISU has the pieces available to put together a pretty good game if they can get it all working at the same time. QB may be making some rookie mistakes, for example, but it's still a 5th year senior behind a very experienced OL with some nice weapons to throw to.

Now that Tennessee is well on its way to dumpster fire status, I like to check out how the good ol' UT boys are handling it at Volnation.com

Let me tell you, there is still quite a bit of optimism. We have "We are going to smoke Georgia" and "I'm calling it 1st - Write it down a qb leads us to upset of Bulldogs and his name is not Dobbs" and even "If we beat Bama - will you guys change your minds about Butch"?

Sounds like some Florida fans during the Muschamp years. Truly delusional. Although we did actually beat Georgia's ass last year. That was a good time.

cdyhybrid

Don't think I've ever seen a sane team-specific forum. CFB-GAF is the only CFB forum I use.

Washington's is relatively tame (biggest issue is it's mostly blue-hairs who are still living in the Don James era), but half the threads on the premium board *still* make me roll my eyes.

Draxal

Washington's is relatively tame (biggest issue is it's mostly blue-hairs who are still living in the Don James era), but half the threads on the premium board *still* make me roll my eyes.

The thing about the Leonte Carroo situation was that the media was rather tame, it was all the insider leaks that were really bad.

Top Bottom