• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all got Clempsoned.

OsZmG7i.jpg

andycapps

Louisville may be the best 3 loss team in football right now and they aren't even SEC

Which team is better, Louisville or Arkansas?

It is pretty funny now to see Grantham struggling so much as DC at Louisville. Opponents are converting on 3rd downs (AKA 3rd and Grantham) 43% of the time. That's 101st in the country. Yikes.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So the guest picker on Game Day this week (Ole Miss at Alabama) is noted musician, life long Alabama fan, and the state of Alabama's favorite son, Eric Church.

What the fuck, ESPN? :|

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying not to think about that game.

The more I think about it the more it feels like Ole Miss simply has advantages everywhere. Except the run game. Secondary and Coker are going to have to play lights out to win this one.

mre

Could be worse, could be Kenny Chesney.
I actually like Eric Church
I'm assuming he's a country music guy, and I hate country music.

I don't really care what he does, but ESPN seems to go out of their way to pick people with absolutely no affiliation with UA when they're in Tuscaloosa for Gameday.

I mean, look at this:
Bobby Bowden - Penn State at Alabama

Brian Wilson - LSU at Alabama (LSU alumn)
Bo Jackson - Alabama at Auburn

Lolo Jones - Alabama at LSU
Matt Ryan - SEC Championship: Alabama vs. Georgia

Lyle Lovett - Alabama at Texas A&M
Jake Peavy - LSU at Alabama (baseball player who never played at Alabama)
Charles Barkley - Alabama at Auburn

Katy Perry - Alabama at Ole Miss
Marcus Luttrell - Mississippi State at Alabama
Joe Namath - Auburn at Alabama (finally someone associated with University of Alabama)
The past five (now six, counting tomorrow) times they've been in Tuscaloosa, they've only had one guest picker who had anything to do with Alabama, and that was Joe Namath last year. They even had a fucking LSU alumn in 2011 for the "Game of the Century" when Game Day was in Tuscaloosa.

mre

I've been trying not to think about that game.

The more I think about it the more it feels like Ole Miss simply has advantages everywhere. Except the run game. Secondary and Coker are going to have to play lights out to win this one.
Just to make you feel better, we'll be starting 3 freshmen there tomorrow: Marlon Humphrey, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison.

Sleep well tonight!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I don't really care what he does, but ESPN seems to go out of their way to pick people with absolutely no affiliation with UA when they're in Tuscaloosa for Gameday.

I mean, look at this:

The past five (now six, counting tomorrow) times they've been in Tuscaloosa, they've only had one guest picker who had anything to do with Alabama, and that was Joe Namath last year. They even had a fucking LSU alumn in 2011 for the "Game of the Century" when Game Day was in Tuscaloosa.

hehe, yep, ESPN always finds a way to find people with no connection.

Now, Deontay Wilder might not have gone to Alabama, but you'd think the heavyweight champion of the World (and is from Tuscaloosa) might be a better choice than random musician. Who I have never heard of. He's probably a fucking "country" singer.

Hell, let the Wildling Girl from Game of Thrones chose.
mbLVrYi.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I mean, look at this:

Bobby has a connection to Alabama. Unless you weren't including him. But you bolded him. You're so confusing. Dagummit.

andycapps

I mean, look at this:

Yes, he's country music, but he's not quite like what most people think of these days. He says fuck and shit in his songs and looks up to the old types like Waylon Jennings, George Jones, etc and dislikes most of the current crop of Nashville country stuff.

Shame that Gameday is coming for the Ole Miss game and not the Bama/UGA game in Athens, but I guess that's because Ole Miss hasn't imploded yet
insert joke about UGA imploding here
. SEC Nation will be in Athens, though, for the Bama/UGA game.

andycapps

Which team is better, Louisville or Arkansas?

It is pretty funny now to see Grantham struggling so much as DC at Louisville. Opponents are converting on 3rd downs (AKA 3rd and Grantham) 43% of the time. That's 101st in the country. Yikes.

Followup to this post, Coach Boom's defense at Auburn is allowing opponents to convert on 3rd down 48.5 % of the time. That ranks 114th nationally. So yeah, I'd like to hear the preseason prognosticators spin that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I mean, look at this:

Namath was the only alum drunk enough to return.

ag-my001

Something seemed off with yahoo. It listed Fresno as the favorite over Utah. Couple others, too, where the % seemed reverse of what would normally be expected.

In other words, I can't be bothered to look up each team, so I'm likely making some really dumb picks.

JCX

Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 17

Thursday
Clemson (-4.5) vs. Louisville - missed this

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army cover
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) no cover
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) cover
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) no cover
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) cover
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue cover
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) cover
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) no cover
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas cover

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think we are the only team in college football that hands the ball off to a fullback.

Rudolph caught the ball a bunch! Hallelujah.

Great drive.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No view of the ball. No way that gets overturned.

Pretty nice scramble to salvage a terrible drop by Golson.

That was a poor idea to pass that ball.

Oh man Golson, that was heart stopping.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Plays are getting blown up left and right.

First good punt I have ever seen from that kid.

They keep setting up an unbalanced line and then running to the weak side. But we aren't shifting people over to the strong side. So they should stop that.

We are going to lose several games this year because nobody can catch the ball.

Meier

I straight up yelped when it looked like he was going to be sacked for the safety. Guy got to him absolutely instantly. Amazing to get away from two defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom