• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I straight up yelped when it looked like he was going to be sacked for the safety. Guy got to him absolutely instantly. Amazing to get away from two defenders.

Golson's been elusive. He missed a few first downs Jameis would have gotten, but still impressive footwork so far.

Meier

He didn't step out. I can't fathom why Jimbo didn't challenge that.

Edit: Yep, he was out by a smidge. Good call.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Poor decision by Golson. Izzo knew you should have run it dude.

Oline play is back to last year. Just no holes. They need to work the edge more.

Meier

I am not sure that Aguayo kick wasn't in. Looked like it just took an angle like this | |.

Well, GAF won't show the backslash, but it seemed to go through on a diagonal angle.

Nialrot

I am not sure that Aguayo kick wasn't in. Looked like it just took an angle like this | |.

Well, GAF won't show the backslash, but it seemed to go through on a diagonal angle.

The amount of leg he puts in a kick is absurd.

Denali

Literally his best series of punts in his career. Ever...

Hahaha, I don't remember this guy having punting issues, but admittedly I don't keep up with Florida State too much. Anyway, he looks good tonight!

...and so does the BC punter.

Punt. Punt. Punt.

EDIT: Jimbo obviously took notes from Petrino on timeout etiquette.

That'll do it for the game in all likelyhood, but it's so weird after the last few years seeing so few downfield offensive threats on FSU's side.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That'll do it for the game in all likelyhood, but it's so weird after the last few years seeing so few downfield offensive threats on FSU's side.

We have no deep threats at all. Rudolph and Bobo can get separation but they have terrible hands.

Ugh, that stinks, qb looks hurt bad. Tore something in his knee likely. Or maybe ankle.

Nialrot

We have no deep threats at all. Rudolph and Bobo can get separation but they have terrible hands.

Ugh, that stinks, qb looks hurt bad. Tore something in his knee likely. Or maybe ankle.

NLS just squashed that guy and his leg got stuck underneath him. That looked nasty.

Meier

Poor guy. That looked really nasty. Maybe an ACL or something based on the way the leg twisted. Would be fortunate if it's just a turned ankle or something though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You know they are in pain when they still have their helmet on on the sideline with a leg injury.

Our oline is so sad.

Beatty is legitimately our MVP this game. So crazy.

Nialrot

Jimbo's play calling has been pretty suspect this year. Understandable to run out the clock but mix it up a little.

Meier

Would have rather Cook stayed out for the rest of the game. Getting smashed around. Let Pender carry the rock for the rest of the game -- not like we're losing.

Nialrot

Would have rather Cook stayed out for the rest of the game. Getting smashed around. Let Pender carry the rock for the rest of the game -- not like we're losing.

Heck, save Pender as well and let's get a better look at Patrick. Reminds me of Greg Jones.

Jimbo's play calling has been pretty suspect this year. Understandable to run out the clock but mix it up a little.

If the line offensive doesn't perform it makes even good playcalling look absolutely terrible.

Golson has been mediocre last two games but he isn't turning the ball over.

He's not getting sacked and not getting picked off. His play is smart, his receivers are butterfingers and there's no one guy he can count on to make plays.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If the line offensive doesn't perform it makes even good playcalling look absolutely terrible.

Just ask Addazio. All those dive plays should have worked!

I don't know about that playcall to kill the clock. Seems unnecessary. How sucky would it be if Golson goes down hard on that play? Just kick the fg and squib the kickoff.

Barely saw any of the game. I had a code deployment tonight which required more of my attention than desired. I had the game up on my laptop, but hardly had a moment to pay any attention to it.

Oh well, it's a win.

woo gameday. Dame's then Duke for the Brain Bowl vs. Northwestern.

Hopefully home in time for the USU / Huskies game. Chuckie Keeton was seen dancing around and happy yesterday and he's 100% ready to play as well as we finally get our better receivers back from a hamstring and a suspension. I really hope we can shake off the P5 road bug:

2011: 42-38 loss @ Auburn
2012: 16-14 loss @ Wisconson
2013: 30-26 loss @ Utah, 17-14 loss @ USC
2014: Loss (bigger this time) @ Tennessee
2015: 24-14 loss @ Utah

It's not like we were bad, just couldn't win the close games on the road.

ag-my001

I'll be missing today's A&M game for an area festival. Last year, I missed two games for this sort of thing: Mississippi State and Alabama. Not our best weeks. Today we play Nevada, so I shouldn't have to worry (that much), but I'll be in the perfect place if things go south: a wine festival with lots of free tastings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom