• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'll be missing today's A&M game for an area festival. Last year, I missed two games for this sort of thing: Mississippi State and Alabama. Not our best weeks. Today we play Nevada, so I shouldn't have to worry (that much), but I'll be in the perfect place if things go south: a wine festival with lots of free tastings.
So thought Bert.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
20150919_091038ooyu6.jpg

20150919_091053q5zs4.jpg

Subitai

MOV Game (Tiebreaker ONLY)
Air Force vs. Michigan State - MSU by 24

Saturday
Wake Forest (-3.5) vs. Army COVER
Stanford vs. USC (-14.5) COVER
South Carolina vs. Georgia (-13.5) NO COVER
Auburn vs. LSU (-9.5) COVER
Mississippi vs. Alabama (-6.5) COVER
Va Tech (-10.5) vs. Purdue NO COVER
BYU vs. UCLA (-15.5) NO COVER
Georgia Tech vs. Notre Dame (-7.5) NO COVER
Cal (-3.5) vs. Texas COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Weird game today for us. I keep feeling like we should win handily but then I remember what Arkansas' run game did to us last year and what our run D looked like against SHSU and UTEP this year and I go back to what I thought last year: if they ever get up by 2 scores the game may be over. I mean, hell, we're a 10+ point underdog to a team that just lost to Toledo and got a bunch of starters hurt in the process, there must be a reason.

On the plus side, our D can't be worse than it was while our O is clearly better.

Denali

I'm pretty excited for the first time things don't go Chad Kelly's way tonight and he acts like the piece of shit that got him kicked out of Clemson.

Oh I'm with you 100%. I was commenting on Rece's reciting of Chad Kelly's masterpiece, though I doubt Chad realizes what a tool he comes off as.

DominoKid

Lee Corso being a clown will never get old.

Christ.

Yeah it's gonna be 10 straight today.

Oh wow this guest picker on GameDay actually knows his shit. I guess Tar Heels do pay attention to football after all.
Yeah its just our team doesnt give us much reason to pay attn to them.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've got Michigan/UNLV on BTN2Go and Illinois/UNC on the TV.

Also getting really sick of these Daily Show commercials already. Is this Noah guy actually supposed to be funny?

Silkworm

I can only see the score, so can someone tell me why A&M is only up 14-10 over Nevada?
It's 21-10 now. Figured with the game starting at 11 AM local time, TA&M might start out slowly. They'll probably get rolling soon.

edit: Missouri struggling with UConn OTOH is a bit puzzling but Mauk hasn't been sharp despite having time to throw in the pocket.

ag-my001

It's 21-10 now. Figured with the game starting at 11 AM local time, TA&M might start out slowly. They'll probably get rolling soon.
I just wanted to know if it was our own dumb mistakes, like all the dropped passes week 1, or if we're just not as good as I had hoped we might be against better competition than Ball State.

Edit from andy's post:
Yeah, that's what I figured. Our own mistakes that could let a better team hang around and make us pay.

Silkworm

I just wanted to know if it was our own dumb mistakes, like all the dropped passes week 1, or if we're just not as good as I had hoped we might be against better competition than Ball State.

Edit from andy's post:
Yeah, that's what I figured. Our own mistakes that could let a better team hang around and make us pay.

The Chavis coached A&M defense stiffens and gets the ball back at around the A&M 20 yrd line after a punt with a little over 5 minutes left. I wouldn't be surprised if A&M goes and scores again to make it 28-10 at halftime but we'll see.

edit: Well, nevermind. A&M went 3 and out. Nevada gets the ball back deep in their own zone. Now Nevada's turn to see if they can do anything.

Agreed. Anyway, VT put up buckets on Furman, so y'all should be fine. Now if OSU were to lose today. Then the program should be shut down.

Agreed. And OSUs offense better look better than last week. I've never seen such a pathetic 38-0 win. We need to put up 50 points in the first half. Not really. But I wouldn't complain.

I love my mother. She's way, way into football. We're watching the Duke Northwestern game. She randomly blurts out "That's a big D in the middle of the field." followed immediately by "That's what she said." She's still laughing about it.

Jhriad

I can only see the score, so can someone tell me why A&M is only up 14-10 over Nevada?

O-line has been pretty mediocre in spots. Special teams advantage so far goes to Nevada with a subpar return game for A&M in the first half. If it weren't for the A&M edge rushers, and the defensive line play in general, this game could be closer. Other than the defensive line A&M doesn't look like they're really putting much effort in. Kyle Allen looks pretty solid so far though he's been a little slow going through progressions on a few plays. The current score (24-10) makes it look better than the game tape has so far. They're just going through the motions against a much less talented team and that'll carry them to the win. Nothing to be worried about really since A&M is FAR and away the more talented team and could sleepwalk to a win since Nevada's team speed on offense really limits their ability to do much more than try to find creases inside or win jump balls with their one pretty good receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom