• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Three Thread: Make College Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Well then.

"Complete the process of the catch" shit is so stupid. He caught it dragged both feet stayed in bounds and lost it on the ground after like 4 seconds OOB.

How absurd.

I understand why the NFL and CFB catch rules are what they are but I feel like the specificity required to put a rule to paper is either going to lead to a bunch of catches being called no-catches or a bunch of no-catches being called catches. Feels like it would be practically impossible to write a good rule that will apply to all situations.

Ganhyun

Fair enough guys.

Looks like Michel is getting bulk of the carries this game right now.

Anyways I have company here now, so I'll catch yall later.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just looking at his Heisman chances later on if we hold him back when we don't necessarily have to. We are already running shifts between him and Michel with Marshall in the second half.

Edit:

WHOO!!! Yea!!

I would say that you shouldn't worry so much about Heisman chances this early against weak competition with so many opportunities to make a statement later, but then I remember the highlight reel that Fournette put up earlier.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
South Carolina's offense line is awful. We're going to feast on those guys in November.

Well our starting C did go out earlier, so there's that

Lol yup, if we don't get a TD here I think I am switching my attention to Calculus. And believe me I don't want to do that.

Yeah I feel you. Probably start flipping the channels a bit myself. Glad to have another Gamecock here though!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hope we can open up a little bit of a lead sometime soon. I worry about our defense getting gassed if the TOP battle stays like it is trending and I'd much rather have a couple of score cushion to play with.

At least we've got a better personnel rotation going this year. Had a few guys going 80+ plays in games last season due to depth issues, but this year our DC came out and said in the preseason that he'd rather put guys out there that aren't necessarily good enough to play than keep his starters out there too long to be effective anymore.

Phew, had to go for that. Good call.

I do think Carolina abandoned the run too early.

Edit: Then again couldn't do anything with it. I am giving the game one more Drive before giving up.

On another note, the NIU-Ohio State game was crazy. I had been paying attention to NIU so I thought the predictions and line were crazy for that game. I knew NIU was going to give them a fight.

He seems to be energizing the offense like VY did which is awesome.

He is making some smart throws and decisions, hopefully that continues.

He's not the pure athletic god VY was (nobody is) but it just looks like it comes natural for him. Freshman, second start, third game, there's gonna be ugly for sure. But man, it looks so easy for him when he's on.

And dat arm HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOOOOOOOOOOY

HOOK 'EM!

owens2x.jpg

WE GOT A LEGIT BIG BOY OFFENSE NOW DOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom