• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in the NCAA sucks for student athletes:

CzHIfsfUAAAiFlq.jpg:large

Karl2177

Week 14 pick 'em results

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-F4Rga0we-bCyVGEmRskipLZz-250-hu3H76Oxoek8/edit?usp=sharing

Code:
Week 14	Total	Username
0	47	Affeinvasion
9	112	ag
8	85	AlteredBeast
8	83	andycapps
0	29	Battlezone
0	30	BertramCooper
0	10	Bigskinny0310
7	100	bpfd
9	104	BTM
0	76	Bucknuticus
6	94	cashman
0	79	Chicko1983
0	6	Chris R
5	93	Deacon
0	29	DorkLord54
0	88	Dsyndrome
8	105	ErnieMcCracken
8	96	felixorion
0	7	fgfdgdfg
9	111	FloydtheFathead
0	8	Frank Beamer
0	26	Frustrated_Grunt
9	99	Ganhyun
0	10	Garryk
0	46	GoldenEye 007
0	28	Googly Eyes Dog
0	14	GreenyMac
0	9	HeySeuss
0	16	Jerm411
0	93	jfkgoblue
0	8	Jhriad
8	115	jstevenson
9	109	Karl2177
0	10	Kawl_USC
0	9	Kenpokesbabrie
0	25	KingBrave1
0	10	LionPride
0	30	Lizardking
7	95	Lonestar
8	99	Mac the KNife
0	8	MightyHealthy
8	89	Monroeski
0	8	mre
7	110	MrJames
8	15	MugiwaraCole
0	12	nobuyuki
0	34	OceanicAir
7	100	perfectchaos007
8	66	Quake1028
7	95	ryseing
8	120	sf2fanatic
0	13	Stooge
9	96	Subitai
0	23	Surge
8	76	Tebunker
0	5	tetromibi
0	54	TheLetdown
6	50	timetokill
0	4	Titanoboa
9	87	truly101
0	8	whytemyke
0	32	xeris
0	44	Yaboosh
8	110	zyxwvu4321

Top 20:
Code:
Total	Username
120	sf2fanatic
115	jstevenson
112	ag
111	FloydtheFathead
110	MrJames
110	zyxwvu4321
109	Karl2177
105	ErnieMcCracken
104	BTM
100	bpfd
100	perfectchaos007
99	Ganhyun
99	Mac the KNife
96	felixorion
96	Subitai
95	Lonestar
95	ryseing
94	cashman
93	Deacon
93	jfkgoblue

There are only 4 points remaining for the regular season, which means that sf2fanatic is the season winner. I still have one set up for the upcoming week, where the extra question at the end is asking for feedback. If I do this again, what would make it better?

sf2, you'll have to talk to mre or Lonestar or whoever is making the bowl season thread for the thread title.

Week 15 link: https://goo.gl/forms/HXBKhYqA22uXVpA33

Week 15 games:
NAVY/ARMY

The Navy/Army game got interesting now since the Navy QB is out right?

Thank you Karl for doing pickems. Great matchup selections all year.

andycapps

New episode of the podcast is out. See the OP for subscription details.

We talk about last week's championship games, talk about who's in the playoff, all of the Westworld finale spoilers, and Andy tries to talk the guys into watching Colony (it might actually be good?). Yeah right, they won't listen, but you should.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, made it back into the top 20 list, after blindly missing a week or 2 when I was on vacation.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Not football related, but I don't wander outside the safe confines of CFB-GAF anymore so deal with it -

Pretty cool. W shows up to a fair number of SMU basketball games these days, I think.

ag-my001

Not football related, but I don't wander outside the safe confines of CFB-GAF anymore so deal with it -

Pretty cool. W shows up to a fair number of SMU basketball games these days, I think.
H.W. would also show up to a lot of A&M basketball games, and he was always at the last home football game to inspect the corps march in.

Both are well known baseball nuts too.

Ganhyun

Week 14 pick 'em results

Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-F4Rga0we-bCyVGEmRskipLZz-250-hu3H76Oxoek8/edit?usp=sharing

Code:
Week 14	Total	Username
0	47	Affeinvasion
9	112	ag
8	85	AlteredBeast
8	83	andycapps
0	29	Battlezone
0	30	BertramCooper
0	10	Bigskinny0310
7	100	bpfd
9	104	BTM
0	76	Bucknuticus
6	94	cashman
0	79	Chicko1983
0	6	Chris R
5	93	Deacon
0	29	DorkLord54
0	88	Dsyndrome
8	105	ErnieMcCracken
8	96	felixorion
0	7	fgfdgdfg
9	111	FloydtheFathead
0	8	Frank Beamer
0	26	Frustrated_Grunt
9	99	Ganhyun
0	10	Garryk
0	46	GoldenEye 007
0	28	Googly Eyes Dog
0	14	GreenyMac
0	9	HeySeuss
0	16	Jerm411
0	93	jfkgoblue
0	8	Jhriad
8	115	jstevenson
9	109	Karl2177
0	10	Kawl_USC
0	9	Kenpokesbabrie
0	25	KingBrave1
0	10	LionPride
0	30	Lizardking
7	95	Lonestar
8	99	Mac the KNife
0	8	MightyHealthy
8	89	Monroeski
0	8	mre
7	110	MrJames
8	15	MugiwaraCole
0	12	nobuyuki
0	34	OceanicAir
7	100	perfectchaos007
8	66	Quake1028
7	95	ryseing
8	120	sf2fanatic
0	13	Stooge
9	96	Subitai
0	23	Surge
8	76	Tebunker
0	5	tetromibi
0	54	TheLetdown
6	50	timetokill
0	4	Titanoboa
9	87	truly101
0	8	whytemyke
0	32	xeris
0	44	Yaboosh
8	110	zyxwvu4321

Top 20:
Code:
Total	Username
120	sf2fanatic
115	jstevenson
112	ag
111	FloydtheFathead
110	MrJames
110	zyxwvu4321
109	Karl2177
105	ErnieMcCracken
104	BTM
100	bpfd
100	perfectchaos007
99	Ganhyun
99	Mac the KNife
96	felixorion
96	Subitai
95	Lonestar
95	ryseing
94	cashman
93	Deacon
93	jfkgoblue

There are only 4 points remaining for the regular season, which means that sf2fanatic is the season winner. I still have one set up for the upcoming week, where the extra question at the end is asking for feedback. If I do this again, what would make it better?

sf2, you'll have to talk to mre or Lonestar or whoever is making the bowl season thread for the thread title.

Week 15 link: https://goo.gl/forms/HXBKhYqA22uXVpA33

Week 15 games:
NAVY/ARMY

I made top 20, yay.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
BREAKING: Houston has decided on Lane Kiffin, president to OK the hire at a Thursday meeting, @USATODAY has learned
$9.99s reporting rumors that (1) Lupoi and Sark are leaving with him immediately and (2) that Hurts only came to Bama for Kiffin and is considering taking a redshirt year to transfer to Houston (closer to family). Some concern that Cooper Bateman may be the guy against UDub.

$9.99s reporting rumors that (1) Lupoi and Sark are leaving with him immediately and (2) that Hurts only came to Bama for Kiffin and is considering taking a redshirt year to transfer to Houston (closer to family). Some concern that Cooper Bateman may be the guy against UDub.

sounds like a 4.95 report to me tbh

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Lol.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

The coaches leaving would be pretty doubtful but at least they would have a reason to do it (get in some recruiting before the dead period, setting up a new staff, normal job transition stuff, etc.) and, honestly, we are talking about Kiffin here.

Hurts, though, would have practically nothing to gain for transferring before January.

::edit::
Checking the posts from the 20-30 minutes I sat on this before submitting it appears that we're all on the same page as to the validity of that report. :jnc

andycapps

If he brings Sark and Lupoi with him to Houston that would be a pretty great recruiting staff.

cdyhybrid

Hearing reports that Chris Petersen has resurrected Bill Walsh from the dead to fill the vacant consultant spot left by Jeff Tedford.

tebunker

Banned
No trolling here, but the reports are that Sark shot himself in the foot prior to the Florida game. If you know his history, you know what I'm talking about.

Yikes.

That stinks if true. I was really hoping he would be able to fully recover. I get that people slip up, and Saban is a pretty generous and understanding dude, but I am not sure Sark had much room to shoot himself in the foot.

As for the trolly rumors, I do fully expect Kiffin to take two or three assistants and probably snake some other folks from around CFB. Dude built some serious friendships through USC and now Alabama.

As for recruits/players I see it having no impact and even trolling rumors shouldn't hint at it(not on you mre). Those kinds of things cause all kinds of issues with player eligibility among other things.

Also Alabama can win the NCG with Cooper. He isn't nearly as dynamic as Hurts but dude still can throw it, just was prone to too many unforced mistakes(ints).

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yikes.

That stinks if true. I was really hoping he would be able to fully recover. I get that people slip up, and Saban is a pretty generous and understanding dude, but I am not sure Sark had much room to shoot himself in the foot.

As for the trolly rumors, I do fully expect Kiffin to take two or three assistants and probably snake some other folks from around CFB. Dude built some serious friendships through USC and now Alabama.

As for recruits/players I see it having no impact and even trolling rumors shouldn't hint at it(not on you mre). Those kinds of things cause all kinds of issues with player eligibility among other things.

Also Alabama can win the NCG with Cooper. He isn't nearly as dynamic as Hurts but dude still can throw it, just was prone to too many unforced mistakes(ints).
Nah, the trolling rumor was all on me. We're retaking our firm photos and was waiting on my turn to get makeup on, and was bored. Of course Jalen's not leaving the team, at least not prior to the season being over. But every other QB has announced he's leaving, so why not him?

It really sucks about Sark. Assuming those reports are true, I hope he's able to stay with the team if he wants to and continue to contribute. He needs a strong support structure in place, and I think he can have that here if he wants it.

Quake1028

Word on the Miami $9.95's is that #7 JUCO CB Jhavonte Dean, a current Bama commit, is going to flip to us.

Also, Jerry Jeudy, #21 in ESPN's rankings for high school seniors, also a current Bama commit, is going to take an official visit with us.

Jeudy isn't flipping and I'm not sure Saban gives two shits about a JUCO CB, so this all amounts to really nothing.

tebunker

Banned
Word on the Miami $9.95's is that #7 JUCO CB Jhavonte Dean, a current Bama commit, is going to flip to us.

Also, Jerry Jeudy, #21 in ESPN's rankings for high school seniors, also a current Bama commit, is going to take an official visit with us.

Jeudy isn't flipping and I'm not sure Saban gives two shits about a JUCO CB, so this all amounts to really nothing.

Hah have you seen our depth this season? We played a walk on. If that dude is serious and wants to play he will have a chance next year. We will have several guys graduating and several freshman incoming but depth is needed and that guy would probably come in a good shot to start at Nickel. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick push for hom if he wants him.

I'd heard the rumors about Sark too. Pity, I was really pulling for the guy, and still am.

Locksley and Applewhite are apparently being considered, though.

Also, our DB depth isn't that bad…we're just young there at the moment. I expect a lot of the freshmen will make strides over offseason. We're pretty deep everywhere on the field going into next season, except defensive line and QB. Our LB corp and RB group are absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom