• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

tebunker

Banned
I'm confused by the second roughing the kicker penalty on Michigan. Iowa's kicker left the pocket, right? He got the ball, ran forward and then kicked. But he ran forward. Of course the defense was going to meet him.

Well first it wasn't a roughing the kicker penalty, it was running in to the kicker.

There is no pocket, you just can't run into the kicker without playing the ball.

jfkgoblue

Well first it wasn't a roughing the kicker penalty, it was running in to the kicker.

There is no pocket, you just can't run into the kicker without playing the ball.
Yes there is
4. The kicker’s protection under this rule ends (a)when he has had a
reasonable time to regain his balance(A.R. 9-1-16-IV); or (b)when he
carries the ball outside the tackle box (Rule 2-34) before kicking.

shanafan

It looked like it was a trick play. UM's defense reacted accordingly. But then the kicker went to kick right before getting hit.

I've seen kickers move to side before kicking, but the kicker moved forward.

tebunker

Banned
Yes there is

Yeah I just saw that difference in NCAA rules, which is weird because it screws rugby kickers if they get too wide. However, we need to see how they define the tackle box on kicks. It could theoretically be wider.

Again though, it is all for naught, Ferentz has no offense for this matchup.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Harbaugh's love for Smith is a weak link. He is by far the worst of our 4 running backs and has no business being in in a situation like that with how slow he gets to the line.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Safety!

When did Michigan start doing helmet stickers? I feel like it's probably been a while, but I don't watch much Michigan football.

Harbaugh's love for Smith is a weak link. He is by far the worst of our 4 running backs and has no business being in in a situation like that with how slow he gets to the line.

If he keeps going forward he gets out of the endzone. Nope, stop and try to make a cut with a 300 lb guy on your ass...

edit: His love for Peppers in the Wildcat needs to end also. He's not going to throw it and has only given it up once?

Safety!

When did Michigan start doing helmet stickers? I feel like it's probably been a while, but I don't watch much Michigan football.

Last year when Harbaugh was hired. They used to do it years ago too but he brought it back.

I'm slow.

jfkgoblue

If he keeps going forward he gets out of the endzone. Nope, stop and try to make a cut with a 300 lb guy on your ass...

edit: His love for Peppers in the Wildcat needs to end also. He's not going to throw it and has only given it up once?
He stopped giving it up once his heisman hype picked up

MIMIC

Banned
HOT POTATO!

That was one of the funniest misses I have ever seen. He literally batted the ball away from himself

Top Bottom