• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

Stanford is not built to over come this kind of deficit. Hell they only average just over 24 points a game this season.

I'm not surprised UW is winning, thought it might be closer for awhile but Stanford's 2 previous Pac 12 wins were close games against poorly coached teams, which is not something you can say about UW.

Kevtones

I've been saying it since the 1st week - Stanford lacks playmakers. If you can slow McCaffrey, they're a mess.

Washington is playing well on the line though I think a team with more balance will give them issues.

Draxal

Man, our schedule was insane this year.

Had to play Udub in Seattle, Ohio State @ ohio stadium, and also playing Michigan.

3 Top Ten teams, with 2 of them likely being Playoff teams.

The Stanford OL is trash, if they dont fix it they will be a 4 loss team if not more. UCLA got push on Stanford's OL lastweek till they got gassed in the 2nd half.

I think this Stanford team is just another example of media hype and why rankings should not exist before mid October.

Corsick

I guess Chris Petersen is about to own that conference. Dude can coach.

Maybe, I'm personally huge HUGE skeptic of all coaches that haven't done it in a prime time conference yet. I'm a UW fan, obviously, but in the end there's only 3-4 elite coaches in CFB. If Petersen could be the 5th at UW, I'd be ecstatic. In the end it's a 12+ game season, hopefully it continues.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
why is this thread in the community ghetto now?

Anyway , knew stanford was weak this year

That road McCafferty stat was shocking. Basically disappears on the road lol.
I am shocked about that too.. I was not aware of that.

T-Top 5......??

I've dreamt of this for so long...!! I did it!!
You did it friend.. Welcome back to the top Doctor Randy..

I've been saying it since the 1st week - Stanford lacks playmakers. If you can slow McCaffrey, they're a mess.

Washington is playing well on the line though I think a team with more balance will give them issues.
This is possible.. But i don't see anyone in the North doing that..

Wazzou? No way
Oregon with their Oline issues is gonna be feasted on
Colorado maybe? I don't see who can stop them until the Conference Championship game unless Washington decides to choke along the way and I don't think they will.

Maybe, I'm personally huge HUGE skeptic of all coaches that haven't done it in a prime time conference yet. I'm a fan, obviously, but in the end there's only 3-4 elite coaches in CFB. If Petersen could be the 5th at UW, I'd be ecstatic. In the end it's a 12+ game season, hopefully it continues.

To be fair the pac-12 is just a slight better version of 2010 version MWC.

Maybe, I'm personally huge HUGE skeptic of all coaches that haven't done it in a prime time conference yet. I'm a UW fan, obviously, but in the end there's only 3-4 elite coaches in CFB. If Petersen could be the 5th at UW, I'd be ecstatic. In the end it's a 12+ game season, hopefully it continues.

I understand the reservation but I think you guys landed an elite coach. He can scheme and hide deficiencies, coach middling players up, and was never afraid of competition at Boise.

And with Oregon, USC, and even Stanford being down now's the time to rise to the top.

Mortemis

Banned
Keep at it dawgs.

I understand the reservation but I think you guys landed an elite coach. He can scheme and hide deficiencies, coach middling players up, and was never afraid of competition at Boise.

And with Oregon, USC, and even Stanford being down now's the time to rise to the top.

I really hope so, college football is gonna be real fun in this town for a couple years then!

Corsick

To be fair the pac-12 is just a slight better version of 2010 version MWC.

This is true for the most part, the Pac-12 is legitimately bad. No great teams at all, USC being terrible kills its perception as well. It goes to show, having poor leadership from your President and AD can destroy a program as much as a bad coach or players. Hire a great AD who can hire a great coach who coaches great.... etc etc.

jfkgoblue

Man, our schedule was insane this year.

Had to play Udub in Seattle, Ohio State @ ohio stadium, and also playing Michigan.

3 Top Ten teams, with 2 of them likely being Playoff teams.
It doesn't really matter... Rutgers would have gotten blow out by half as talented teams lol

Flacco'ing our way to the end zone :x

That's an accepted play according to EDSBS Internet offense.

This is true for the most part, the Pac-12 is legitimately bad. No great teams at all, USC being terrible kills its perception as well. It goes to show, having poor leadership from your President and AD can destroy a program as much as a bad coach or players. Hire a great AD who can hire a great coach who coaches great.... etc etc.

Twitter is lit tonight with people retweeting old Pat Haden quotes about Chris Peterson.

rando14

lvTVvDS.png

Top Bottom