• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
USC's incredible collapse over the years gives me hope that one day Alabama will not be ranked in the AP top 25.

Wouldn't you actually want Ohio State to not be ranked, seeing as that's only happened 3 times in 80 years.

It was only a decade ago when Alabama wasn't ranked, for long stretches of time.

Something tells me you're not really a B1G team fan.

vxlMkGI.jpg

hKoecuj.gif

Will be a lot of questions to be answered once Saban retires.

5-10 years from now If he starts a string of sub 10 win seasons I wonder if he would insist on staying on as head coach ala bobby bowden or if Alabama will take the anti FSU approach to legacy and force him out. I'm thinking Alabama would fire him even though he's a legend. It was kinda weird how FSU gave Bobby Bowden tenure even though he was coaching and recruiting like a zombie for 10 years which was reflected on their record.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
5-10 years from now If he starts a string of sub 10 win seasons I wonder if he would insist on staying on as head coach ala bobby bowden or if Alabama will take the anti FSU approach to legacy and force him out. I'm thinking Alabama would fire him even though he's a legend. It was kinda weird how FSU gave Bobby Bowden tenure even though he was coaching and recruiting like a zombie for 10 years which was reflected on their record.

Bobby meant more to FSU than Saban means to Alabama.

Saban has only been there like 9 years.

Wouldn't you actually want Ohio State to not be ranked, seeing as that's only happened 3 times in 80 years.

It was only a decade ago when Alabama wasn't ranked, for long stretches of time.

Something tells me you're not really a B1G team fan.

Bama's dominance has made college football less exciting. It makes so many of these early games seem bleak. I look at Louisville's performance against FSU and think, "man, these guys may actually make the playoff... but then they'll lose to Bama." Same with a lot of other contenders like Houston or Michigan.

I felt genuinely bad for Clemson last year. Like, that team has been through so much shit over the years. So many heartbreaking losses and disappointments. Then one year everything suddenly clicks, they win all their regular season games, make it to the national championship... and then lose. If this Clemson team were around in any other era, they would have won it all. If this team had come around 10 years ago, they'd be champions. But they just so happened to get good in a time where Saban was coaching the Tide.

Though I may hate Ohio State, I also know that they are literally the only team that could potentially beat Bama this season. They're certainly the only team that stacks up against them in terms of recruiting and coaching.

And yes, Ohio State has a very, very successful history. But they've only won two national championships in the last 45 years. College football is still exciting and unpredictable with Ohio State. The same can't be said for Bama.

Lonestar

Well, just fabricate some story and try to destroy Alabama, since it's apparent no one can ever beat them on the field. Ever. It's been one, long, victorious decade. Nope, never going to lose a game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Alabama fans are literally the worst people on the planet.

Except for Ohio State fans of course, but that goes without saying.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Though I may hate Ohio State, I also know that they are literally the only team that could potentially beat Bama this season. They're certainly the only team that stacks up against them in terms of recruiting and coaching.

Have we watched the same Bama team this season?

The exaggeration is kind of ridiculous anyway, Saban has only had a single undefeated season at Alabama and lost as many non-championship bowl games as he's won (3-3 including playoffs, 2-2 otherwise).

nsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC 18m18 minutes ago
#USC QB Sam Darnold on Clay Helton's future: "We know he's safe where he is."

InsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC 22m22 minutes ago
Sam Darnold on 4th-down punt: ``I wanted to go for it but it was Coach Helton's decision. It was the right decision, to be honest.'' #USC

RIP TTK

Yeah, I was at Vin Scully Appreciation Day today. One of the best experiences of my life.

At least for today, I don't even care that Pat Haden has hurt USC to a degree Paul Dee could only dream of. I don't care that USC isn't going to a bowl game this year.

I'm just really, really going to miss Vin Scully, and I'm so happy I was there today to say goodbye.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any team with a very good QB has a chance to beat us. Thus, Louisville would have a very good chance to beat us this year, and I'm okay admitting that. Jackson is amazing.

I just don't get pulling for a conference team just to do it. I pulled against Auburn in 2010 and 2013. I pulled against LSU in 2011. I don't want the other teams in the SEC to win championships. That hurts my team more than some team in another conference winning a championship.
I threw up in my mouth.
Oregon got a boner, though. So it all evens out.

Any team with a very good QB has a chance to beat us. Thus, Louisville would have a very good chance to beat us this year, and I'm okay admitting that. Jackson is amazing.
And he's only a sophomore..

That's the scariest part.. You don't deserve him Bobby!! I hate the fact that you have nice things..

I'll be missing some football today. Going to go get my engagement ring engraved (fiance is too) and then going with him to get a tattoo. At least no OSU today. :(

thefro

Bama beat:
- a USC team that was ranked preseason since they're USC and now has 3 losses
- mid-major Western Kentucky (comfortable win, but they didn't stomp/embarass them)
- Squeaked by an Ole Miss team that gave FSU a game (but FSU got nuked by Louisville)

Probably the least impressive team in the top seven besides Clemson.

andycapps

Bama beat:
- mid-major Western Kentucky (comfortable win, but they didn't stomp/embarass them)
- Squeaked by an Ole Miss team that gave FSU a game (but FSU got nuked by Louisville)

Hot takes

ryseing

Bama beat:

Beating GT in Atlanta on a Thursday by double digits is impressive no matter the quality of the GT team.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bama beat:

Not everyone can have wins over Bowling Green, Tulsa and an underwhelming Oklahoma.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
College football!

I fucking love Saturdays! Especially those that follow two other days of college football!

:)

And yeah, Alabama has zero impressive wins right now, but I will still give them a top-3 ranking.

Karl2177

Sitting at 44 responses for the pick em. I'll try to get it closed as close to 11 as I can but I can't guarantee how good stadium internet will be.

Greenymac

Guys, Im in Jacksonville for me and the lady's 10th anniversary... But Ill still be around during the day especially to watch my Dawgs.

Sitting in an oceanfront terrace suite, on the weekend of your 10th anniversary, cheering on your team. Priceless. The life of a college football fan. Not to mention catching the Jaguars game tomorrow before coming home.

Also my fellow bulldogs posters, who would you rather win the UF vs. TENN game? Personally, I dislike UF, but I absolutely LOATHE Tennessee. Its a different kind of hate....

andycapps

Guys, Im in Jacksonville for me and the lady's 10th anniversary... But Ill still be around during the day especially to watch my Dawgs.

Sitting in an oceanfront terrace suite, on the weekend of your 10th anniversary, cheering on your team. Priceless. The life of a college football fan. Not to mention catching the Jaguars game tomorrow before coming home.

Also my fellow bulldogs posters, who would you rather win the UF vs. TENN game? Personally, I dislike UF, but I absolutely LOATHE Tennessee. Its a different kind of hate....
I feel the opposite, hate Florida and dislike Tennessee. It's a meteor game for me. In some ways I'd like Florida to win because of how cocky some Tennessee fans have gotten (not the ones here). Just to bring them back to reality. But I can't ever root for Florida.

Greenymac

I feel the opposite, hate Florida and dislike Tennessee. It's a meteor game for me. In some ways I'd like Florida to win because of how cocky some Tennessee fans have gotten (not the ones here). Just to bring them back to reality. But I can't ever root for Florida.

Lets be clear, Im not rooting for either. Im rooting for a hard hitting tiring game. Soften the Vols up even more before next week...

styl3s

The thing about Florida is we(vols fans) all know Tennessee is going to lose but fuck Florida we are gonna win.

It's time to beat the streak boys lets go VOLS.

Lonestar

Ty is 11, and has never seen Tennessee beat Florida.

Fuck Ty go gata

Bama beat:

Heh

Michigan has played no one and had issues with Colorado
Stanford has only played 2 games, and had a much closer game with USCw than Alabama did.
Fuck Ole Mississippi, but there's a difference between their 1-2 record and USCw's 1-3. Ole Landsharkkk is dangerous on offense (to opponents and themselves)
Houston and OSUn are living on beating Oklahoma, who didn't look good in either game.
Louisville should be #1.

Go Dawgs, beat Hotty Toddies. Hoping this o-line looks better than it has been. Just give Chubb the chance to run the ball. Please.

I also really want Tennessee to pull this out and beat the Gators.
is there a way for both teams to loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom