• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible targeting calling in the Michigan game, they better overturn it. The ref who called it couldnt even see the play....

edit: lolololol

what a fucking joke they upheld it

Mrbob

Terrible call not a target. Now I know the garbage Wisconsin will be up against next week against the refs.

jjasper

How as it close? He didnt even go for a hit... he went for an INT and the receiver happened to duck into his shoulder pad.
That's the problem with targeting as it stands right. If a receiver moves unexpectedly even if the defender does everything right he still gets penalized for it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Early take aways

Bama still the team to beat.

Wisconsin is good and maybe LSU isn't that bad after all. Maybe Wisconsin is just that good.

FSU's D sucks. They still are gonna win games, but overrated cause of their D they are.

UGA is good, but not great. Their one good win appears to be against an overrated UNC team. Where as Ole Miss just happened to play a legit schedule early. Just another case of last year over influencing this year's rankings.

My 4 playoff teams as off now are Bama the winner of Mich/OSU, the winner of Lou/Clemson, and Houston. I got Stanford and Wisconsin outside looking in, but that could change.

That's the problem with targeting as it stands right. If a receiver moves unexpectedly even if the defender does everything right he still gets penalized for it.

Right, but even in this case his shoulder pads hit his helmet.

I literally do not know what targeting is anymore

Corsick

Michigan is by far my second favorite team to watch besides my alma mater. Harbaugh's style is infectious and fun to see, his teams are physical powerhouses that stomp you into the ground for 4 quarters and don't take prisoners. They're ultra physical and he's now at a school where he can recruit incredibly well once Michigan starts putting up 11-13 win seasons again. Michigan won't out recruit Bama/USC/Florida at their peaks, but he won't have to. He can out coach the difference in most cases.

Right, but even in this case his shoulder pads hit his helmet.

I literally do not know what targeting is anymore
It's being over-called this year versus under-called and/or waiving it off last year. Anything close is being ejected, deserving or not.

edit: Also, it's not just helmet to helmet - basically any contact to the head/neck area.

Michigan is by far my second favorite team to watch besides my alma mater. Harbaugh's style is infectious and fun to see, his teams are physical powerhouses that stomp you into the ground for 4 quarters and don't take prisoners. They're ultra physical and he's now at a school where he can recruit incredibly well once Michigan starts putting up 11-13 win seasons again. Michigan won't out recruit Bama/USC/Florida at their peaks. but he won't have to. He can out coach the difference in most cases.

Youre a bad person with terrible tastes and opinions and should feel bad about it

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Early take aways

Bama still the team to beat.

Wisconsin is good and maybe LSU isn't that bad after all. Maybe Wisconsin is just that good.

FSU's D sucks. They still are gonna win games, but overrated cause of their D they are.

UGA is good, but not great. Their one good win appears to be against an overrated UNC team. Where as Ole Miss just happened to play a legit schedule early. Just another case of last year over influencing this year's rankings.

My 4 playoff teams as off now are Bama the winner of Mich/OSU, the winner of Lou/Clemson, and Houston. I got Stanford and Wisconsin outside looking in, but that could change.

Houston and Louisville play each other late making it pretty damn unlikely they both make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom