• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why does Tenneessee still recruit so well though???

Not sure if serious but if really asking...

1) SEC
2) Big alumni base with lots of fans and $$$
3) Only major public institute in Tenn in P5 (Vandy is private which changes things).
4) Due to their location they have a decently wide area they pull from without a ton of high level competition

That being said they also have a ceiling due to this as well.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Think I am done with this for the day.

DWyfpk.gif

Kusagari

I can't wait for the Vols to be ranked high again next year after they blow out some overrated ranked team in a bowl game.

lol Notre Dame

Quoted now. Quoted forever.

You want to be a real man, you spend time in Tallahassee. It steels a man.

No way. I've been all around Florida, truly the shittiest of the 48 continental, unchanged for the 50 United if not for S. Palin.

Tally, Gainesville proper and absolutely zero radius around, are the Austin of this dumpster fire.

I grew up in Central FL and there's a serious reinvention of Orlando but believe me when I say that place is a bowl of shit then, shit now, shit for here on out until such time bowls of shit are redefined.

Nialrot

James Franklin going to get run out of Penn State at the end of the year?

Pretty underwhelming career with them is far...

Vanillalite

James Franklin going to get run out of Penn State at the end of the year?

Pretty underwhelming career with them is far...

Look as much as I abhor Franklin for the bullshit that went down at Vandy idk what the fuck Penn State fans expect.

I mean we know they are delusional, but people outside the fanbase aren't. The school as a whole is too toxic to get a ton of great recruits outside of the fanbase.

Not to mention even when they didn't have the deplorable scandal looming over the program they weren't the PSU of old. Talent had already shifted.

Vanillalite

Notre Dame is the one school out there truly underperforming. They still recruit highly, and Catholic highschool football is a fertil recruiting ground for them.

It's all on the coaches.

El_Chino

Notre Dame is the one school out there truly underperforming. They still recruit highly, and Catholic highschool football is a fertil recruiting ground for them.

It's all on the coaches.
So is USC, they're a top 10 recruiting class every year with nothing to show for it.

Today just is not a good day for Sparty. They were manhandled by Wisco, UMich is currently manhandling Penn State, ND is looking like they're just gonna be a bad team this year, and worst of all, the first top 10 game of the B1G season will be fought between Wisco and UMich, not MSU and UMich like everyone thought. Kinda feel bad for them.

Vanillalite

So is USC, they're a top 10 recruiting class every year with nothing to show for it.

It's stupid that either USC or UCLA isn't better. There are a metric fuck ton of people in So Cal and a lot of them ARE good at football. At least on of those two schools should always be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom