• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
As I expected, we are shutting down the run. Our pass D is looking decent, too. Wiscy's offense is looking largely anemic right now.

El_Chino

Watching this Tennessee/SCAR game like
giphy.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Unsurprisingly, this Auburn/Miss game is going to have a lot of points and a lot of yards. Need Auburn to lose, and this is probably the best chance of that happening before the iron bowl.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Call me an old man or whatever, but FFS let's get going.

It's almost 8:30 and they havent even kicked off in Tally yet.

Kevtones

Oregon wins! :D :D :D

We're probably getting woodshedded by USC next weekend but it's cool seeing our true freshman QB tie the school-record with 489 yards passing in his 3rd start after setting the school record with 6 TDs last week. Kid is the real deal.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
With soooooo much talent in Florida you'd think one of the big 3 Florida schools could find an elite QB. Yet here we are...

With soooooo much talent in Florida you'd think one of the big 3 Florida schools could find an elite QB. Yet here we are...

It's like they have the same problem UCLA had for the longest time.

Also during the SCAR/Tenn game ESPN had a graphic of all the freshmen QBs to transfer while he was coaching the Gators.

I can't remember of the last 5* QB from Florida. Was Francios a 5*?

Shea Bradenton 2016 5 Star on Rivals. He committed to Mississippi.

Francois was a 4 star in 2015.
Treon Harris was a 4 star in 2014.
Jeff Driskell was a 4 star in 2011.
Jacoby Brissett was a 4 star in 2011.
Aaron Murray was a 4 star in 2009.
Stephen Garcia was a 4 star in 2007.
Tim Tebow was a 5 star in 2006.
Xavier Lee was a 5 star in 2004.
Drew Weatherford was a 4 star in 2004.
Gavin Dickey was a 4 star in 2004.

And that's as far back as Rivals goes. So over the last 14 years the state of Florida has produced 11 4 or 5 star QBs per Rivals. 3 of them went out of state and the other 8 went to Florida or Florida State.

I think QB is the hardest position to project coming out of high school. Whether they were 4 or 5 stars is largely irrelevant. So many blue chip QBs bust and vice versa.

ag-my001

Second punt return TD for Christian Kirk.

Dang it man, let the defense get some rest! And let the offense get some reps in!

I think QB is the hardest position to project coming out of high school. Whether they were 4 or 5 stars is largely irrelevant. So many blue chip QBs bust and vice versa.

True, look at USC this year. Max Browne was a 5 star #1 overall prospect. Sam Darnold was considered the 8th best (daul threat) QB in his class (the aforementioned Ricky Jean Francois was the #1 dual threat in that class).

Drew Weatherford was a 4 star QB recruit who now punts for a living.

Top Bottom