• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Nebraska still top 10 next week? Seems like this is the definition of a quality loss and really showed the nay-sayers in the Media that we could hold our own.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nebraska still top 10 next week? Seems like this is the definition of a quality loss and really showed the nay-sayers in the Media that we could hold our own.

It will be damn close if not. We deserve to be there. Hell, if we were in the SEC, We would move up! :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Auburn can keep it going and take down Bama

They probably won't lose until that game, but these last couple weeks they have been playing against two of the worst run defenses in the SEC west, hard to imagine them replicating that success against the best run defense in the country. (Arkansas and Ole Miss are 110 and 112 in rush yards given up).

Jamesways

It will be damn close if not. We deserve to be there. Hell, if we were in the SEC, We would move up! :p
Nah, you remember the OSU and Mich fans' rhetoric, Wisc is absolute trash tier. A horrible team. To lose or even play close is a catastrophe to your program.

:p

Great game tonight, both teams played damn tough.

squicken

They probably won't lose until that game, but these last couple weeks they have been playing against two of the worst run defenses in the SEC west, hard to imagine them replicating that success against the best run defense in the country. (Arkansas and Ole Miss are 110 and 112 in rush yards given up).

I certainly don't think they will win. I just think Gus is the best hope to find enough offense to win

Jhriad

Nebraska still top 10 next week?

Nah. The folks with votes don't watch all the games and I'd bet a good number who didn't catch that non-PI PI at the end will just see this as proving us not worthy of the Top 10. After the loss to OSU they'll probably punt us down to the low 20s.

*sigh*

Realistically, I'd bet on us moving to somewhere just outside the Top 10.

I swear McCloud is a terrible punt returner. 9 times out of 10 he calls for a fair catch, and when he finally tries to return one he ends up losing 20 yards.

Also, why has Clemson not given Gallman the ball more often on offense tonight?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Let's see how i did in my picks:

Minnesota will win by 14. Book it.

Check.

GotW UW at UU? I am not too sure about that.

Utah is about to get exposed. I am thinking 17 to 21-point loss.

i was wrong, it was a hell of a game.

Top GsOTW for me:

WVU at OK St: #10 (what should be a 6-1 Top 20 team) Mike Gundy is a man, dammit, and I bet you he proves it here. (WVU 34, OKST 39)

not bad.

Northwestern at Ohio St - Never count out the fightin' Fitzgeralds. They are scrappy as hell this year and if OSU comes out flat, this could end up being another PSU situation. They will probably play angry, however. (OSU 47, NW 23)

first assessment correct, i pussed out, however and oversold OSU, unfortunately.

Clemson at Florida St - Is this the week that Clemson's luck finally runs out? (UC 21, FSU 24)

remains to be seen, but if I had to guess, Clemson will win this one.

Nebraska at Wisconsin - Is the worst 7-0 team of all time worthy to stand up to Wisconsin's insanely stout defense (8 total TDs allowed by defense all year) and competent offense? (NU 17, UW 14)

it ended up 17-17 until overtime. Got to hand it to Wiscy's D, they came up strong. B1G refs also suck, but I am sure there were other blown calls in our favor during the game, too...

If you guys still had Richt, I would say the Florida game would be intriguing, but I am just not sure if they have it in them to beat an overrated Gators team this year. Sorry. You will find solace in seeing them take it dry against Fournette and LSU in a few weeks, though.

Called it. Felt like Florida was definitely going to take it to them.

Overall, a decent week of armchair analysis. Especially picks against the spread.

In my local pick'em, I went 1-2 against the spread, unfortunately. My lock of the week was Navy against the spread (lost by .5),and the other was Ohio vs Toledo (picked Ohio all day).

Fun week of college football, y'all. Would have loved to be 6th or so in the first week of the college football playoff poll, but i believe we will be #10 or so, which is awesome a year after a losing record. :)

Kawl_USC

God I hated freeze plays when I played ball in high school and I hate that shit when I see it called now a days.

Straight up garbage.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I swear McCloud is a terrible punt returner. 9 times out of 10 he calls for a fair catch, and when he finally tries to return one he ends up losing 20 yards.

Also, why has Clemson not given Gallman the ball more often on offense tonight?

I've felt that way every time I've watched Clemson. Surely they have somebody is better than McCloud, even if they don't have as cool of a name.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Nah. The folks with votes don't watch all the games and I'd bet a good number who didn't catch that non-PI PI at the end will just see this as proving us not worthy of the Top 10. After the loss to OSU they'll probably punt us down to the low 20s.

*sigh*

Realistically, I'd bet on us moving to somewhere just outside the Top 10.

It was a prime time game though, so there have got to be a lot of eyeballs.

I do agree that the voters do tend to drop Nebraska hard when do lose any game.

I've felt that way every time I've watched Clemson. Surely they have somebody is better than McCloud, even if they don't have as cool of a name.

He is the worst. That last drive, we give him the ball and he still just runs laterally. It's like he is afraid of actually turning his hips and running up field.

Top Bottom