• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

AntoneM

As far as the thread subtitle goes. I think Arizona State is now a hockey school. We suck at hockey, but we suck at everything else and there's only like 50 hockey schools so we have a shot!

andycapps

How pervasive do you guys think cheating is in CFB?
Think there are levels of cheating. Cheating goes on at all schools at a certain level, but when a school starts to cross that, particularly if you're not a blue blood, then other schools turn on you. Like Ole Miss. The cheating there got up to a really high level, and was also contrasted with Freeze defiantly insisting that things were completely on the up and up.

Don't get uppity and things will be cool.

andycapps

Turns out, Bill Snyder is a dick.

Kansas State wide receiver Corey Sutton is looking to transfer away from the Wildcats’ football program, but according to him, his scholarship release is not being granted. Earlier this month, Sutton announced his intentions to transfer from Kansas State after one season via his Twitter account. But according to The Wichita Eagle, K-State head coach Bill Snyder apparently isn’t granting his scholarship release. Sutton gave the school a list of 35 schools, all of which were denied for him to transfer to.

andycapps

What a horrible year to be a Cal Bear.

VJfHgU9.jpg

andycapps

ajbomb.gif

for posting no links

JDlK5ph.gif

How dare you sir

:)

Apparently it came from the team by team preview that he's doing.

He thinks Notre Dame will have a big rebound year this year, also. They underachieved by 3-4 wins last year, and the last time a 4-8 team underachieved that badly it was TCU and they had 1 loss the next year. Bleh.

Good news is that Oregon's defense wasn't really much, if any better than Cal's.

iuvn0D3.jpg

andycapps

Malik Zaire to Florida is officially happening. Now we need to figure out how big of a deal this is. He hasn't actually played much. If nothing else, this gives them depth and a guy that reportedly has good energy and leadership skills.

In classic Florida QB fashion, I expect he and Franks to split reps and to both be ineffective due to constant interchanging in games.

Malik Zaire to Florida is officially happening. Now we need to figure out how big of a deal this is. He hasn't actually played much. If nothing else, this gives them depth and a guy that reportedly has good energy and leadership skills.

In classic Florida QB fashion, I expect he and Franks to split reps and to both be ineffective due to constant interchanging in games.

I'm reserving judgement, but I weirdly have faith that Jim will make it work, whoever he goes with.

El_Chino

Only thing I like about this is that it fuels more competition.

I still expect Franks to be the leader in the room. Zaire is too erratic for me.

andycapps

Only thing I like about this is that it fuels more competition.

I still expect Franks to be the leader in the room. Zaire is too erratic for me.
Franks is the future there now. Zaire maybe you could get a year out of, but yeah the competition should make Franks better.

andycapps

Maybe I'm just too focused on Will Grier. He was humming, and then he got canned for the PED thing.

I thought whoever the starter last year was was doing ok until he got hurt, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Formatting is screwed up.

Passing
Rk Player Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
1 Austin Appleby 127 209 60.8 1447 6.9 6.4 10 7 128.0
2 Luke Del Rio 114 201 56.7 1358 6.8 5.8 8 8 118.6

I'm reserving judgement, but I weirdly have faith that Jim will make it work, whoever he goes with.

I do as well strangely.

andycapps

They're probably going to have awful QB play and still either win the east or almost win it. Think it won't look pretty but McElwain cobbles together barely enough offense to field a competitive team.

El_Chino

They're probably going to have awful QB play and still either win the east or almost win it. Think it won't look pretty but McElwain cobbles together barely enough offense to field a competitive team.
I honestly have a good feeling about this year, offensively.

Oline is experienced.

Receivers are talented and are overall experienced.

We have a great group of backs.

Franks isn't experienced but has spent (by gameday) a year and half learning the playbook.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why are we even playing the season? Future Heisman winner Jalen Hurts is going to dominate the whole god-damned world. Bunch of assholes making these kids play out the season to its inevitable conclusion, and risking a whole bunch of injuries.

andycapps

Why are we even playing the season? Future Heisman winner Jalen Hurts is going to dominate the whole god-damned world. Bunch of assholes making these kids play out the season to its inevitable conclusion, and risking a whole bunch of injuries.

So much truth here.

Fucking homer Bammers, we all know Tua is the next and only 4 time heisman trophy winner.

Soon.

Seriously, he develop more of a consistent passing game, our right guard situation get figured out, and we find us another corner (I still think Trevone could be the guy and be completely fine, getting your first live action speed against Calvin and Robert Foster is gonna be rough), I'm a have all the hype.

Until we run into Stidham and Auburn and that world-beating offense
lol

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I honestly have a good feeling about this year, offensively.

Oline is experienced.

Receivers are talented and are overall experienced.

We have a great group of backs.

Franks isn't experienced but has spent (by gameday) a year and half learning the playbook.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I have faith in Mcelwain to fail.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Mississippi didn't cheat! They didn't need to! Everyone wants to move to Mississippi! EVERYONE.

Top Bottom