• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A&M letting Louisville double it's season rushing average, and putting their QB in the Manziel/Vince Young club :lol Way 2 Go Chavis

cashman

Banned
Tough loss, but still a great job by Sumlin to get his team ready to play in this game and put them in a position to win at the end. Don't think he's lost the team and probably deserves another year as coach with a new OC.

Lonestar

Stephen M. Smith ‏@ESPN_Future 25m25 minutes ago Montgomery, AL
Alabama's Scott Cochran is officially making it rain. The esteemed strength and conditioning coach has been bumped to $600,000 a year.

S&C coach, making Coordinator/HC money.

ag-my001

A&M letting Louisville double it's season rushing average, and putting their QB in the Manziel/Vince Young club :lol Way 2 Go Chavis

And yet they only gave up 7 points in the second half. We still have a ways to go on that side, but we've stayed in games that were blowouts last year.

GG any Louisvillle posters out there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
When Saban retires, either that salary bubble will pop or Alabama is going to have the largest buyout payments in history..

He's actually paid more than several position coaches IIRC. Among the best in the country at what he does for sure, they aren't giving him that salary for nothing.

USC won't be good again until Haden is fired. That may require firing President Nikias too since he's apparently not a huge fan of football.

edit: Wiscy RB's leg just got fucked up. looked really bad.

If Wisconsin pulls this off, it would be a more impressive win than any other team thus far this bowl season. Much more impressive than beating Texas tech, Memphis, or NC state sorry to say.

If Wisconsin pulls this off, it would be a more impressive win than any other team thus far this bowl season. Much more impressive than beating Texas tech, Memphis, or NC state sorry to say.

Beating a mediocre USC team playing with its third string offensive line is the most impressive win of the Bowl Season?

Kessler you fucking choker!!!

Gonna cost me another $20 here, you overrated player!

Uh how exactly are you gonna blame him for those sacks? He was responsible for mayyyybe the last one.

The OL was non-existent there.

That guy had 2 career sacks, then got 3 on that one drive. lmao

Haha what?

A poor team with a bunch of coaches just fired and third string OL is the best win of the bowl season?

Uh how exactly are you gonna blame him for those sacks? He was responsible for mayyyybe the last one.

The OL was non-existent there.

That guy had 2 career sacks, then got 3 on that one drive. lmao

He mightnt have been directly responsible for those sacks, but he has a stinker every single game I have money on USC.

Some people called him a Heisman contender this year, haha. Every game I have ever seen him play he has been shit.

Lonestar

forgot another game was on. I totally misread this games name as the National Fucking Holiday Bowl.

Good thing Alabama already beat Wisconsin by 18 points, then.

He mightnt have been directly responsible for those sacks, but he has a stinker every single game I have money on USC.

Some people called him a Heisman contender this year, haha. Every game I have ever seen him play he has been shit.

You should really ask one of us before you put money on USC.

Considering his shit OL this year he's actually put up some admirable stats.
He's also had like 4 different head coaches, schemes, etc.

If USC had won more games Kessler would've gone to NYC with the stats he had. He wouldn't have won, but he's a USC QB who put up a lot of counting and efficiency numbers. He's not a big pro prospect or anything though.

You should really ask one of us before you put money on USC.

Considering his shit OL this year he's actually put up some admirable stats.
He's also had like 4 different head coaches, schemes, etc.

Yeah, I thought about it, dont worry.

There are only a few QBs in the power five who I dont like putting money on.

Two of them are playing in this game and if I had to chose, I would put money on a Kessler team ahead of Stave.

Though I havent seen Wiscy play this year, i just remember Stave's throwing yips he had last year. Not great. Hope he is not hurt here.

If USC had won more games Kessler would've gone to NYC with the stats he had. He wouldn't have won, but he's a USC QB who put up a lot of counting and efficiency numbers. He's not a big pro prospect or anything though.

maybe.

He was a big pro prospect at the start of the season, wasnt he? Mel Kiper and/or Todd McShay both had him as one of the top QB propects at the start of the season IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom