• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I mean who didn't see this coming? That schedule was as soft as newborn baby shit.

They almost beat Michigan St. by being able to just slug it out with them defensively but couldn't stop them on like a 23 play drive.

Iowa is easily the worst team in the new years six bowl games. Should have got the Citrus against Florida

What's funny is that most teams would be beat by stanford. No other team in the sec other than ole miss has been able to beat bama for the past two years. Certain conferences get to pick and choose what teams go to what bowls and then try to downplay others. So weird.

Talon

It's like somebody took Konex and whipped him up with some The Natural with a sprinkling of the butthurt GT guy and made the ultimate CFB troll.

Because patting backs is the easiest way to stroke egos. Also pulling people downwards.

This is the society we live.

What is sad is that it usually comes from people who live in a certain region of the United states. Not sure if that is how they were raised or if it is manufactured from the media but something has got to give.

cdyhybrid

Biggest Rose Bowl margin of victory is 49, and most points scored in the Rose Bowl is also 49. Think both of those records might get broken today.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It's like somebody took Konex and whipped him up with some The Natural with a sprinkling of the butthurt GT guy and made the ultimate CFB troll.
It was trollish before, now it's just sadness laced with trying too hard.

Talon

I expected nothing for Northwestern in that game, and I received nothing in return.

Look, man. I'm a Big Ten grad, I've lived in Big Ten country for the past 10 years, and I live in fucking Ann Arbor.

• Iowa played a paper soft schedule. -> Getting blown the fuck out.
  • Michigan State's luck ran out. -> Blown the fuck out.
  • Ohio State slept walk through their schedule like the 2009 Florida team and got what they deserved by losing at home. They shot themselves in the foot. -> Blew out a lucky ass hobbled Notre Dame team.
  • Michigan got waxed by the one good offensive team they ran into all season. -> Blew out a Lolrida offense.
  • Northwestern played a paper soft schedule and was gifted that game by a completely off-target Hogan. Still the most bewildering third quarter I've watched as a Northwestern fan. -> Blown the fuck out.
3/5 top teams got blown out (pending hilarious Iowa comeback). I watched Michigan live three times and saw every other game this season: that team is a-OK, but it's not a great team.

The perception is that the B1G is a joke besides the two big schools: Ohio State and Michigan, and that perception was confirmed by the results again this year.

clav

I expected nothing for Northwestern in that game, and I received nothing in return.

Look, man. I'm a Big Ten grad, I've lived in Big Ten country for the past 10 years, and I live in fucking Ann Arbor.

• Iowa played a paper soft schedule. -> Getting blown the fuck out.
  • Michigan State's luck ran out. -> Blown the fuck out.
  • Ohio State slept walk through their schedule like the 2009 Florida team and got what they deserved by losing at home. They shot themselves in the foot. -> Blew out a lucky ass hobbled Notre Dame team.
  • Michigan got waxed by the one good offensive team they ran into all season. -> Blew out a Lolrida offense.
  • Northwestern played a paper soft schedule and was gifted that game by a completely off-target Hogan. Still the most bewildering third quarter I've watched as a Northwestern fan. -> Blown the fuck out.
3/5 top teams got blown out (pending hilarious Iowa comeback). I watched Michigan live three times and saw every other game this season: that team is a-OK, but it's not a great team.

The perception is that the B1G is a joke besides the two big schools: Ohio State and Michigan, and that perception was confirmed by the results again this year.

Uh, where have you been? This Northwestern team doesn't do well in third quarters, especially when the defense has been on the field all game. Offense staff needs a changeup.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
dobbs.0.gif

Blows my mind every time.

Florida won the sec east. What does it say about that division and conference having gotten blown out by an A-OK Michigan team?

Remember the sec west went 2-5 last year in bowl games capped by ohio state embarrassing alabama.

I'm a grad student at pepperdine so I have no dog in this fight.

Weird, it's almost like having a 8 game conference schedule can allow garbage to slip through

(See Iowa and Florida)

Also shows how weak the big west and Sec east are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom