• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out the other day and a saw a pay phone. I had to stop and think for a second and then the realization hit me that they're literally no where anymore.

Moving sucks donkey nuts. Been packing all day and I still feel like I'm not even half done. Movers are here at 8am tomorrow. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight! :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I've seen a payphone in years, now that I think about it.

My daughter doesn't quite understand why you can't fast-forward through live TV, or why sometimes Netflix cuts out on the iPad. :| To her, it's just supposed to work.

Well, I can see where she's coming from here. That kind of thing should just work. Alas, maybe someday.

andycapps

My daughter doesn't quite understand why you can't fast-forward through live TV, or why sometimes Netflix cuts out on the iPad. :| To her, it's just supposed to work.
Same with mine. Stuff is just supposed to work. I don't think she really understands the concept of the Internet or wifi hotspots yet.

The funny thing is that when I was a kid, vinyl was definitely not current tech, but I still knew what it was because my dad had a ton of them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
For my job, I had to supervise a group of high school juniors on a trip to D.C. last month.

They were about 4-5 years old when 9/11 happened. That blew my mind.

Kids born right after 9/11, will be able to drive in 2-3 years.

Where's the Suicide Booths, like Futurama told us there would be?

andycapps

Leave it to the Taiwanese to update us on the recent Johnny Football news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO-4kiiXecs

Finally some clarity

That is amazing. Hopefully someone can get some gifs from that for the season.

JFF says the reason why he left the Manning camp is that he "overslept." According to Sumlin re: JFF, "Off the field, there's no question he's made some mistakes. I think today will be a great experience for him."

mcgruber

Spurrier mentioned this yesterday, but why does notre dame have their own vote for the bcs playoffs? Wouldn't they just vote themselves/subpar acc teams into better playoff spots?

andycapps

Spurrier mentioned this yesterday, but why does notre dame have their own vote for the bcs playoffs? Wouldn't they just vote themselves/subpar acc teams into better playoff spots?

He also said something that will make mre happy, he said that SEC coaches voted unanimously that Notre Dame should be forced to join a conference for football. That their AD shouldn't have the same voice as Mike Slive or Jim Delany. We all know that the coaches didn't actually vote on that, but still, I doubt anyone would disagree with what he said.

mcgruber

After looking into the number of people On the selection committee isn't set yet. I assumed it was only 5 for the power conferences, but early reports from a few years ago said it could be up to 15.

After looking into the number of people On the selection committee isn't set yet. I assumed it was only 5 for the power conferences, but early reports from a few years ago said it could be up to 15.

If it is indeed closer to 15, maybe Notre Dame/BYU/other indi's could share a rep, but Notre Dame still shouldn't be special enough to have their own.

Lonestar

That is amazing. Hopefully someone can get some gifs from that for the season.

JFF says the reason why he left the Manning camp is that he "overslept." According to Sumlin re: JFF, "Off the field, there's no question he's made some mistakes. I think today will be a great experience for him."

Funny thing has come out, is that at the Manning Camp, JFF's roommate was...AJ McCarron. :lol

AJ didn't bother to try and get him up on time :lol

andycapps

Funny thing has come out, is that at the Manning Camp, JFF's roommate was...AJ McCarron. :lol

AJ didn't bother to try and get him up on time :lol

I wonder if the older QB's in the league actually get along with Manziel all that well. He seems like a douche.

Piggus

I really want Drake's shoes. Dayamn.

uynGTPy.jpg

andycapps

He personifies a Frat guy gone celebrity imo

Well, according to a person that may or may not be the Stephen Garcia:

I wonder what mr eric hyman is gonna do about ole johnny football.....I WONDER
— Stephen Garcia (@itISwhatITisSG5) July 17, 2013

I really hope @JManziel2 doesn't get screwed over by hyman.
— Stephen Garcia (@itISwhatITisSG5) July 17, 2013

Eric Hyman being the former AD of USCe when Garcia was there, and the current AD at A&M. Funny that Garcia would complain about anything that USCe did to him, when he was constantly in trouble and would only be suspended for a practice or two.

LosDaddie

Banned
NCAA is not renewing its contract with EA sports.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, its pretty much the only game i play every year. :(

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...3/july/ncaa+will+not+renew+ea+sports+contract

Bummer.

NCAA 12 was the last NCAA game I bought, and I wasn't planning on buying another until 2015 (after having bought a PS4 or X1 in late 2014). I do actually still play NCAA 12 here & there.

I figure there'll be a new NCAA CFB game out by then. Too much money would be left on the table if not.

ag-my001

Lord Saban's eventual triumph is inevitable. I figure it's smart to just give in now.

I don't want to live in a world in which Aggy actually fulfills the ludicrous expectations of its cultists.
You already are; last season surpassed expectations easily. This is the insanity that results.

Manziel's comments didn't allay my fears much. Thankfully that means I can now expect a 8-4 season and hope to be surprised.

LosDaddie

Banned
Lord Saban's eventual triumph is inevitable. I figure it's smart to just give in now.

I don't want to live in a world in which Aggy actually fulfills the ludicrous expectations of its cultists.

How often do you see/interact with Aggy folk? I tend to forget that you guys played TAMU in the B12. So I get the hatred.

Lonestar

This NCAA/EA and A&M stuff were pretty funny.

But the funniest thing that happened today:

I was working on some UPS labels for some boxes to ship out today, and I almost didn't catch my "spelling error."

1 guess as to which word I got wrong, out of "100 Trojan Drive"

This NCAA/EA and A&M stuff were pretty funny.

But the funniest thing that happened today:

I was working on some UPS labels for some boxes to ship out today, and I almost didn't catch my "spelling error."

1 guess as to which word I got wrong, out of "100 Trojan Drive"

You spelled it "trogan" didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom