• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
04666845-in.gif

Reading on the manziel stuff, and found a new "IN" gif :D

andycapps

Jeremy Hill case still in limbo. I assume he'll play for LSU unless he's actually serving time.

In Hill's latest legal troubles, he admitted Friday in state district court to punching a man in the head outside a bar in late-April. State District Judge Michael Erwin, however, allowed him to remain out of jail, on probation, after Hill pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge.

Holding his thumb and forefinger close together, the judge told Hill he was "this close" to ruining a promising football career.

Still, Hill's legal problems are not over and his college football future remains in doubt.

Hill, who was already on probation at the time of his most recent arrest, received a six-month suspended sentence Friday and two years of probation. Afterward, district attorney Hillar Moore said he would file a motion to revoke Hill's earlier probation, which he received following his January 2012 guilty plea to a misdemeanor stemming from his sexual relationship with a then-14-year-old girl at his high school.

Moore said it will be up to state district judge Bonnie Jackson, who handled Hill's earlier case, to decide whether the running back should serve his first suspended six-month sentence, or remain on probation under conditions the judge sees fit and possibly return to the Tigers.

A hearing would likely be set for August, Moore said.

Coach Les Miles, who suspended Hill after the bar fight, said through LSU spokesman Michael Bonnette that the Tigers' leading rusher last year remains suspended indefinitely and that Miles would have additional comments once the legal process is completed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Manziel pleads guilty to misdemeanor charge, other charges dismissed

"The plea agreement called for Manziel to pay the maximum fine of $2,000, spend two days in jail and pay $232 in court costs. He didn't have to spend any time behind bars, however, because the judge considered it time conserved since he was jailed following the June 2012 arrest by College Station police."

Hey, nice to see JFF wake up early enough to get to court.

ag-my001

Hey, now that one guy can give him his Heisman vote since the court case is over. Wouldn't want anyone to think football players have any character issues.

andycapps

Hey, nice to see JFF wake up early enough to get to court.

Hey now, he was totally sick and dehydrated last week when he was allowed to leave the Manning's camp. He was definitely not dehydrated or hungover from drinking the night before.

The court should be glad that he showed up. After all, he's JFF.

andycapps

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I can't remember another player being so setup for failure.. pretty much ever.

I don't have a nit pick with him being up there. Keep in mind, this is for college teams, and he is a hell of a college QB. Plus, he's going to an team that runs the spread, so his mobility will be fully utilized. I'd say he'd be a fantastic pick for Georgia State.

andycapps

I don't have a nit pick with him being up there. Keep in mind, this is for college teams, and he is a hell of a college QB. Plus, he's going to an team that runs the spread, so his mobility will be fully utilized. I'd say he'd be a fantastic pick for Georgia State.

I'm skeptical of him keeping the level of success that he had last year for another year, and into the NFL. He had so much luck last year, and some great linemen protecting him. I don't see his luck holding out forever, his linemen being as good this year, or defenses being as clueless about him this year as they were last.

But yeah, he'd be great on Georgia State's team.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm skeptical of him keeping the level of success that he had last year for another year, and into the NFL. He had so much luck last year, and some great linemen protecting him. I don't see his luck holding out forever, his linemen being as good this year, or defenses being as clueless about him this year as they were last.

But yeah, he'd be great on Georgia State's team.
The big dirty secret about A&M and Manziel's chances this season is that their schedule is extremely weak. If Aggy does worse than 10-2 I'll be shocked.

andycapps

The big dirty secret about A&M and Manziel's chances this season is that their schedule is extremely weak. If Aggy does worse than 10-2 I'll be shocked.

True. USCe is in the same position, I haven't seen Spurrier complain about his soft schedule this year yet. Though with Media Days starting tomorrow, one can only hope we get some good quotes from him. They play Arkansas this year, so that should generate some decent quotes.

ag-my001

Secret?! Weak schedule was my first thought once I saw 8 home games. I'm going to be upset if we don't even get 11-1.

jagowar

I would also say bama's schedule is pretty weak too which is why that a&m/bama game is as big as it is. The winner really does have an inside track to the sec championship and from there pasadena.

KingGondo

Banned
Secret?! Weak schedule was my first thought once I saw 8 home games. I'm going to be upset if we don't even get 11-1.
I mean "secret" as in "the media's so damn busy talking about how tough the SEC supposedly is and speculating about whether Manziel will have a sophomore slump" that they're ignoring how easy their schedule actually is.

Several teams have super-advantageous schedules this year that could lead to a traffic jam for the MNCG. Louisville, Ohio State, Bama, Aggy, etc.

Any one-loss major conference team should go over Louisville though. That schedule is pathetic.

True. USCe is in the same position, I haven't seen Spurrier complain about his soft schedule this year yet. Though with Media Days starting tomorrow, one can only hope we get some good quotes from him. They play Arkansas this year, so that should generate some decent quotes.
Don't worry. USCe has to travel through whorelando this year. We gonna shock the world!

mre

I mean "secret" as in "the media's so damn busy talking about how tough the SEC supposedly is and speculating about whether Manziel will have a sophomore slump" that they're ignoring how easy their schedule actually is.

Several teams have super-advantageous schedules this year that could lead to a traffic jam for the MNCG. Louisville, Ohio State, Bama, Aggy, etc.

Any one-loss major conference team should go over Louisville though. That schedule is pathetic.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just isn't the same.

cdyhybrid

Did Maurice Clarrett wear #13 for the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES?

I believe he did. He - he being Maurice Clarrett, former Ohio State running back - wore the #13 jersey while playing football (specifically running back) for The Ohio State Buckeye Football Team.

Did Maurice Clarrett wear #13 for the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES?

Idk what this bullshit is sir, but its THE Ohio State University.

Thank you very much.

Side note: These comments always bring a smile to my face, needed it today too. Interviews for a big promotion were today and more tomorrow as well. Stress to the max.

KingGondo

Banned

Thank you very much.

Side note: These comments always bring a smile to my face, needed it today too. Interviews for a big promotion were today and more tomorrow as well. Stress to the max.
Good luck. I have an interview this week as well and I'm just ready for it to be here.

Talon

Thank you very much.

haha, I think it's my favorite GAF meme.

We need to play NCAA 14 Dynasty mode, just so we can constantly razz bucknuticus and Bert.

mre

I thought you were going for Aggie trolling. It was really a masterful set-up.

I didn't include them in the bolding because I wanted there to be sure that I was ridiculing Louisville, and I didn't want to muddy the water by having A&M included in the group as well.
haha, I think it's my favorite GAF meme.

We need to play NCAA 14 Dynasty mode, just so we can constantly razz bucknuticus and Bert.
There should be a league rule that all running backs for tOSU are to be renamed Maurice Clarett and given the number 13.

andycapps

I didn't include them in the bolding because I wanted there to be sure that I was ridiculing Louisville, and I didn't want to muddy the water by having A&M included in the group as well.
I thought you were ridiculing tOSU. I thought my troll was better, though I guess it doesn't go along with the established narrative that we of CFBGAF have of exalting the decades of tradition that Maurice Clarett contributed to the Ohio State University while wearing the number 13 (and later, prison stripes).

My Louisville troll got improved.

Kudos!

our schedule is utter shit this year, not our fault not to mention we tried to schedule alabama and texas a&m for a neutral site kick off game but neither had the balls to accept

guess we will just have to smack around whatever SEC school the BCS throws at us again this year

andycapps

our schedule is utter shit this year, not our fault not to mention we tried to schedule alabama and texas a&m for a neutral site kick off game but neither had the balls to accept

guess we will just have to smack around whatever SEC school the BCS throws at us again this year
See Gatas, this is what happens when you let a mid major smack you around.

how are you getting into the bcs this year? youre getting shipped to the citrus bowl or something

andycapps

henceforth I demand we be referred to as "THE Louisville Cardinals" its not pretentious in anyway because there might be other Louisville Cardinal teams out there and its really a necessity to avoid confusion
Nah that distinction is only reserved the school where Maurice Clarett went. He's the famed running back what wore the lucky number 13.

andycapps

I have it and love it. Only one box needs to be hooked up to the cable line, and it's much better than insight.

Plus you get the long horn network!!
I've heard good things. I'm hoping I can get a good promotion for them for 15-20 down Internet and a mid tier TV package. I just want the espns and AMC, pretty much.

KingGondo

Banned
Just checked, Uverse isn't available at my house. :(

Can't get DirecTV either because I have big trees in my backyard. Guess I'm stuck with Cox (which isn't terrible, but I pay about $100/month just for my TV service).

Draxal

CFB thought of the day.

What got oddly lost behind the whole Sandusky thing in PSU, was how bad a coach Paterno was in his last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom