• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
null_zps71960310.png
Oh, how cute; it thinks it's a football school.

LegoDad

Bummer.

NCAA 12 was the last NCAA game I bought, and I wasn't planning on buying another until 2015 (after having bought a PS4 or X1 in late 2014). I do actually still play NCAA 12 here & there.

I figure there'll be a new NCAA CFB game out by then. Too much money would be left on the table if not.

FYI, there will still be a football game, it will just be called College Football 2015. All they did was drop the NCAA name and logos. Everything else is through the CLC and through individual bowls, which EA has had to do for years.

FYI, there will still be a football game, it will just be called College Football 2015. All they did was drop the NCAA name and logos. Everything else is through the CLC and through individual bowls, which EA has had to do for years.

They are just conditioning us to become accustomed to College football without the NCAA as the governing body. EA is just 5-10 years ahead of its time on this one

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
@BFeldmanCBS: Mettenberger on tweaks Cam Cameron has made w him.. Ends w "it's not like I'm Tim Tebow and have terrible mechanics."

well, that's a little more blunt than expected.

Also, LSU's been on the SEC Media Stage today, and most everything coming out is "Whaaaa, schedules aren't fare because of TRADITION"

andycapps

Also, LSU's been on the SEC Media Stage today, and most everything coming out is "Whaaaa, schedules aren't fare because of TRADITION"

Well, LSU's East opponents this year were 14-2 last year, Bama's were 1-15. That's a decent difference and something that I'd throw out there if I were them.

Murray confessed in interviews today that he's a huge Harry Potter fan and loves Game of Thrones. Also, has dressed up as a ninja 6 separate times for Halloween. Saw a Yahoo article today talking about his offseason, and they mentioned he graduated in 3.5 years with a 3.5 GPA and is taking doctoral level Psychology classes at UGA for his Masters degree. He also studied pro QB's body language and how they communicate with their players and worked with his professors last year to design an offseason program and select 15 leaders to run their specific areas. Last year the professors apparently helped him some, this year he's run the whole offseason program for UGA since no coaches can be involved.. Yahoo mentioned he's one of few, if not the only QB in the country to do this type of thing. He'll definitely be a coach one day.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, everyone gets a chance to beat up on Kentucky every couple years.

Except for teams in the SEC East.

BPdyUuECYAABSaw.jpg:large

The Ring Sultan Commands you to end this folly.

KingGondo

Banned
OSU picked to win the Big 12 by the media (first-place votes in parentheses):

Oklahoma State (15) -- 365 points
Oklahoma (8) -- 355
TCU (9) -- 347
Texas (8) -- 337
Baylor (2) -- 282
Kansas State (1) -- 240
Texas Tech -- 161
West Virginia -- 126
Iowa State -- 96
Kansas -- 56

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

LSU? Whining about schedules? Say it ain't so, Cyan.

andycapps

LSU? Whining about schedules? Say it ain't so, Cyan.

I think something far more momentous happened when Les was up there. At one point he did an Australian accent and talked about putting another shrimp on the barbie. A Les Miles reality show needs to be a thing on the SEC channel.

Interview is here, I'm watching now. The shrimp on the barbie part didn't make that cut, maybe it's somewhere else. It was pretty hilarious hearing him yell at the media of how they need to be investigating league scheduling and how certain teams seem to benefit year in and year out or talk about what could be changed.

Mettenberger thinks he's going to get booed when LSU plays in Athens and even "have a brick thrown at him." Uh, I don't think anyone feels that way about him. And I don't think anyone would do that, even if the recipient was Steve Spurrier.

andycapps

@BD_illustrated: Saban: "You guys (the media) are 4-17 on picking who wins the SEC."

@BD_illustrated: Saban: "If I was 4-17 I'd be back in West Virgini pumping gas at my daddy's gas station."

Oh shit. I love him.

andycapps

Hey, listen. I see at least five I-AA games on Bama's schedule this year:
Colorado State
Chattanooga (actually, is this D II?)
Georgia State (same question)
Miss St
Auburn

LSU is playing... wait, seriously? Furman, UAB, Kent Read Kent Write Kent State, and the Fighting Threeballzes?

Well, in any case. LSU has to play Bama on the road this year, while Bama dodges Bama altogether. So there.

I like this guy. Is that the UGA QB?

Georgia State is Sun Belt, so lower tier D1. Miss State and Auburn, yeah they're DII.

Yup, Murray is the UGA QB.

Hey, listen. I see at least five I-AA games on Bama's schedule this year:
Colorado State
Chattanooga (actually, is this D II?)
Georgia State (same question)
Miss St
Auburn

LSU is playing... wait, seriously? Furman, UAB, Kent Read Kent Write Kent State, and the Fighting Threeballzes?

Well, in any case. LSU has to play Bama on the road this year, while Bama dodges Bama altogether. So there.

I like this guy. Is that the UGA QB?

Had no idea anyone outside of Ohio knew this.

Fun fact, my girlfriend went there.

I'm not sure where the line is between good and bad taste, but I'm pretty sure this crossed over it at some point.

The altercation happened more than 40 years ago! More than enough time has passed. Hell 9/11 jokes are only a few years away from becoming fair game.

Don't worry Cyan, I won't test them here

What would Ron Paul say?

He would definitely be on the side of the protesters for attempting to exercise their free speech rights, and condemn the national guard for taking such brash measures to end the peaceful protest. Same shit happens every so often, except now peppperspray is used instead of fire arms.

images

But then again, contrary to popular belief here, I'm not actually Ron Paul so I can only speak for myself.

Haha you guys are silly. Anyways, I'll be moving soon. I'm looking at property in Paulville, TX and Slab City, CA. The latter is the OG "free" grid in America, but Paulville has potential to be just as good, and a proper name to boot. Either way I'll finally be able to live out my dream of squatting in a Libertopia with like minded individuals. I'm sure some of Cyan's Cal bro's would join me if I could get them down from that damn tree.

andycapps

Haha you guys are silly. Anyways, I'll be moving soon. I'm looking at property in Paulville, TX and Slab City, CA. The latter is the OG "free" grid in America, but Paulville has potential to be just as good, and a proper name to boot. Either way I'll finally be able to live out my dream of squatting in a Libertopia with like minded individuals. I'm sure some of Cyan's Cal bro's would join me if I could get them down from that damn tree.

So you are actually Ron Paul.

andycapps

A journey inside the minds of the (crazy parts of the) Alabama fanbase.

The wooden nesting dolls reside in a plastic bag with a neatly-tied bow. Each doll is decorated to commemorate a journey in Nick Saban's college career. They increase in size at every job, from Toledo to Michigan State and one doll for each of Saban's national titles at LSU and Alabama.

Hannah Braswell, a high school art teacher in Dothan, brings them to SEC Media Days not for Saban to autograph. They're a gift to Saban, who won three of the past four national titles and carries larger-than-life status in Alabama evoking Bear Bryant comparisons.

This is the third straight year Braswell attempts to give Saban a gift -- or rather, his handler -- at The Wynfrey Hotel from behind a rope. In the past two years, she says she successfully gave him an Alabama and LSU wooden football and swears she saw the Alabama ball behind Saban's desk during a TV shot of his office.

"I just think fans should give back to him and let him know how much we appreciate him," Braswell says. "Instead of just getting, getting, getting, I thought someone should give to him."

"He's a winner, he just does what he wants to do," says Lee Allen, an Alabama fan from Decatur. "He's kind of like Hitler. He's a dictator. He brought us back to the top and I figure we're going to be here for a while. Money well spent."

Wait, what? Hitler? You mean that as a compliment? "Yeah," Allen says in between discreetly spitting tobacco juice into a water bottle in the lobby.

xHhxbwi.jpg

So another dilemma for me, I was accepted into a program at Tiffin University - I asked about the school earlier. It has been around for awhile for sure - 125 years but it is relatively unknown and a regional Ohio school. I also have gone quite deep into the enrollment process.

Just got notice I was also accepted into Northeastern University. They have a similar program with some differences and also have been around for awhile. The thing is that they seem to be much more well known, higher rankings, etc but is more expensive.

Definitely considering them. Just would it be a dick more to stop the process at Tiffin and move on...?

So another dilemma for me, I was accepted into a program at Tiffin University - I asked about the school earlier. It has been around for awhile for sure - 125 years but it is relatively unknown and a regional Ohio school. I also have gone quite deep into the enrollment process.

Just got notice I was also accepted into Northeastern University. They have a similar program with some differences and also have been around for awhile. The thing is that they seem to be much more well known, higher rankings, etc but is more expensive.

Definitely considering them. Just would it be a dick more to stop the process at Tiffin and move on...?

I wouldnt see why it would be a dick move, if you got a better offer from somewhere else go for it. I wouldnt just stop all together, I would be upfront and say hey I got an offer from a different school whos closer to my current location, which would be more convenient if I ever for some reason needed to go to a campus.

I wouldnt see why it would be a dick move, if you got a better offer from somewhere else go for it. I wouldnt just stop all together, I would be upfront and say hey I got an offer from a different school whos closer to my current location, which would be more convenient if I ever for some reason needed to go to a campus.

Well both programs are online. I can't really relocate to a new location given my job and everything. But yeah I see. And of course I wouldn't just stop at all. Just wasn't sure because I honestly thought I had no shot at NEU and just went forward with my other option.

andycapps

Update on Murray, he not only likes the GoT show, it interested him enough to go back and read all the books. He and our tight end, Arthur Lynch, are both huge into Harry Potter as well. The more you know. 1010 XL is running interviews right now with Richt and those guys from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom