• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

UNC media guide or new hair metal band poster? You decide.

CAyP4Gf.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
not football, but remember Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson, the BBall player who agitated, well, everyone. He had been suspended, and I guess we found out what he did. Failed a drug test (or 3). The Drug found?

Ketamine.

That's Horse Tranquilizer.

mcgruber

not football, but remember Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson, the BBall player who agitated, well, everyone. He had been suspended, and I guess we found out what he did. Failed a drug test (or 3). The Drug found?

Ketamine.

That's Horse Tranquilizer.

Not really. It's a sedative that can be used on humans. Can also be used to treat depression and bipolar disorder

andycapps

special k is a relatively harmless drug iirc.
Same family as PCP apparently? Doesn't sound too harmless.

Ketamine is a drug used in human and veterinary medicine, primarily for the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia, usually in combination with a sedative. Other uses include sedation in intensive care, analgesia (particularly in emergency medicine), and treatment of bronchospasm. Ketamine has a wide range of effects in humans, including analgesia, anesthesia, hallucinations, elevated blood pressure, and bronchodilation.[2] Like other drugs of its class, such as tiletamine and phencyclidine (PCP), ketamine induces a state referred to as "dissociative anesthesia"[3] and is used as a recreational drug.

cdyhybrid

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

My buddy was roommates with Carlos when he was a freshman. Guys was a giant douchebag and him and Verlon Reed (WR, not sure if he is on the team anymore) used to just smoke pot 24/7.
Hmm, an Ohio State RB in trouble with the law? I feel like I've seen this before.

And its coming down now that Carlos has been suspended indefinitely.

Way to go Carlos. Good thing we have a decent lineup of RB, but Carlos was still very good.

edit: Apparently he punch a police officers daughter in the face.

KingGondo

Banned
Could you possibly be referring to Ohio State running back Maurice Clarrett who wore the #13 for the Ohio State Buckeyes?
I seem to remember a player who fits exactly that description: a running back for the Ohio State University Buckeyes who wore #13 and the name "Clarett" on the back of his jersey, which indicated that the player in that uniform was a man named Maurice Clarett.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
And its coming down now that Carlos has been suspended indefinitely.

Way to go Carlos. Good thing we have a decent lineup of RB, but Carlos was still very good.

edit: Apparently he punch a police officers daughter in the face.
And that, kids, is why you don't go punching women. You never know if her daddy is a police officer.

That and you just shouldn't punch women.

mre

New Big 12 logo:

Could have been better, could have been worse. Considering this conference's recent history, surprised it isn't worse.

I hope that the branding directions require the logo to always be presented at an angle.

I'm not sure if the curves are necessary, but it's not an overly cheesy or displeasing design element.

And it would work without a gradient, even though they included one in this rendering.

KingGondo

Banned
Gundy says Chelf and Walsh will be getting equal reps at QB in practice.

The Walsh dream stays alive! He's far more dynamic IMO (although I actually think both will be getting lots of reps this season).

I hated it at first but it's a lot better than the Big 10 logo or the AAC or whatever it is.

Honestly, the B1G logo is surprisingly great.

It got a pretty lukewarm reception (probably because they paired it with this monstrosity which they thankfully abandoned), but I really think it has proved its worth over the past couple of years.

The fact that many of us now use "B1G" is actually a good sign of how effective it has been.

The AAC logo is just a complete fucking travesty in every conceivable way. I refuse to believe that an actual professional design firm created that turd.

Whelp,

Carlos Hyde kicked off the team. Although he did the same with Storm Klein last year and let him back on.

And our starting Corner Bradley roby was arrested in Indiana this weekend for refusing to leave a bar.

*itshappening.jpg*

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh, there's now an Aaron Murray Rule. Change of Possession results in the QB being marked "Defenseless"

@CecilHurt:There is now an Aaron Murray Rule: QB is by definition a "defenseless" player if play involves change of possession."

Defenseless" means you can't target them, but blocking is still legal (with written permission.)

Yes, the QB can still make the tackle. Can be blocked. Same interpretation as leaping WR, who can still make catch & be tackled.

bolded was sarcasm. I think.

mre

Oh, there's now an Aaron Murray Rule. Change of Possession results in the QB being marked "Defenseless"

bolded was sarcasm. I think.
So, what I'm getting from this is that Dial's hit on Murray was legal, hence the rule change now.

Great! So now all the UGA fans on tigerdroppings can let it go, right?

Edit: Nope, I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom